It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary about demons on YouTube - zozo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Quite interested in the subject of demonology, I watched the first 40 or so minutes of a YouTube documentary on the subject a few nights ago. Don't know how to embed, so I shall post a link:

www.youtube.com...

To be honest, the documentary is kind of rubbish which is why I neglected to watch the entire film, it's narrated using some sort of text to speech application, which is annoying...also too much dramatic music and repetitive imagery, out of the 1 hour plus video there's maybe a collective 20 minutes worth of material in there.

Skip to about 20 minutes in and there's a some footage of some youngsters using a ouija board, I dunno where it came from, at first I thought it was kinda goofy and fake, then I saw the name Zozo come up - I've heard of Zozo from a number of sources over the years, my interest peaked...I would appear that some girl called Monica is posessed by Zozo.

Anyone know anything about this? Is it from the up-coming Zozo movie I've been hearing about? It's possible although according to YouTube the film was uploaded over a year ago. The girl becomes hysterical and appears to go into convulsions, either it's real or she's quite a good actress.

I'm quite interested in the Zozo stuff as it seems to be a name that comes up quite a lot when people dabble with the ouija...anyone any experiences with Zozo? Anyone know where this footage is from?

Only ever used a ouija board once when I was a young lad and although it were a fairly mundane experience (it did work, just kinda boring) there were actual real life consequences which arose from the whole thing. Basically, the board predicted that someone was going to die...that someone found out and for whatever reason decided that it was my fault, despite the fact that I was a scribe, I simply took notes, said person issued threats and so on and it almost came to blows, nothing paranormal, really, but not something I'd take lightly even as a young kid, thankfully the whole thing blew over but it's not something I'd want to do again.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What baffles me about subjects like demonology is the sources to which people get there information. This youtube video, did it give any reference to books or anything? Only a handful of people seem to know about the subject and even they seem to skim over it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

Zozo...hmm wasn't that name artistically made into a logo for Led Zep?

It rings a bell for some reason...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If Zozo really is a demon, that has to be on the list of the most unintimidating demon names ever, along with Murmur and Furfur. In all my time of using a ouija board, I've never came into contact with this demon.

For what it's worth, I found a question on Y! Answers about it. It can be seen here.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I've no idea where the person who made the video got their info, to be honest, when I'm bored I tend to just search YouTube for random videos about whatever pops into my head, a few weeks ago I was watching docs about Tesla and Edison, before that it was episodes of father ted and peep show. For some reason I decided to look for vids about demons and that's the one I chose, but it was for something to listen to more than watch, background noise.

The reason that footage got my attention is because it's quite different from most of the content in the film, there are some clips from movies like constantine and the exorcist in there but other than that it's all atmospheric music and some text to speech program talking, I was glossing over some collage work with it playing in the background.

On the Led Zep thing, Jimmy page used the Zoso symbol, all band members has a kind of sigil or symbol that they chose for the 4th album, I'm a huge zep fan and have found some information in the past trying to relate the Zozo phenomenon to the zep. I believe the Zoso symbol used by Page and the supposed entity Zozo that comes up time and time again in ouija stories are unrelated to be honest, I've found some info in the past that tied the whole zoso thing in with Page's beliefs in astrology, etc...still kinda interesting though, since Jimmy's well known for his interest in the occult.

I just want to know if anyone has any idea where that particular footage came from as I'd never seen it before and as I said earlier, it's one of the only things from that film that actually grabbed my attention, I actually stopped it half way through because the musc and robotic voice was getting on my nerves.

But that was interesting footage, if it's part of the movie then I guess it's going to be worth a watch...if not then I really weant to know where it came from.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashmedai

As opposed to the names that do scare you?

I've read loads of stuff about Zozo over the years, I'd a friend who was totally obsessed with the subject and that's where I first heard about it about 10 years ago, he never claimed to have made contact just heard of it...personally I don't really want to contact any such entity even if they do exist.

All I'm asking is does anyone know the source of that particular footage? Who cares if it's a scary name, it ain't my story...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I have actually watched this video before... I believe the footage from 20 minutes in is legit...

I have had something similar happen before. I'm getting scared typing this hold on... OK. I'm good.
The part where the girl starts laughing. I know that laugh. It's kind of scary and fun to do at the same time, but you cannot stop...

I had to go to my mom's place to watch my little brother while she had emergency surgery. I guess everyone else was already in college and out of the house because we were all alone. We kept getting creepy vibes and looking into the same areas of rooms and stareing like we expect to see someone there watching us.

We both ignored it because we both have had past experience an ignoring these guys is the only thing that doesn't keep them around. At some point that night I got sick of it hanging around
(demon/ghost/spirit/shadow/whatever) and decided to tell it to leave.

I used anger in my voice and said this: "I Command you to leave, this is MY house not yours, don't you get it your dead, just leave you little mo fo!"

That's when it shot across from the corner of the room, and through me, blowing out a candle we had lit. I was so scared I made my 14 year old brother sit in my lap as I panicked trying to gain control of the energy in the room. The house got super chilled and I lit a fire and held good energy in my heart, and felt myself re-impregnating the room with my life energy...

Next morning I wake up and CANNOT stop laughing. I'm laughing in this creepy giggle thats, mixed with the laugh from the video. I am stuck like this, just maniacally laughing.. I also have a sort of grin on my face, and my eyes felt sort of different. I laughed like this scareing the hell out of my brother, who is begging me to stop, but even that makes me laugh, though I am not finding anything funny. I started crying through my laughs just trying to get them to stop. I had no control.

I finally was able to stop laughing enough to get some water down. The whole 2 hours I knew If I could get any amount of water inside me that this would end. I don't know why I thought as much but it worked...

That Laughter freaks me the eff out. I still wonder If something got the better of me that day. Before then I have had many encounters with these punks, and to this day I still do.

edit on 5/2/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

As opposed to the names that do scare you?

Demogorgon and Vassago are a bit more intimidating by my standards.

I've read loads of stuff about Zozo over the years, I'd a friend who was totally obsessed with the subject and that's where I first heard about it about 10 years ago, he never claimed to have made contact just heard of it...personally I don't really want to contact any such entity even if they do exist.

It's interesting that there really isn't much theological backing behind Zozo the demon, which means it could very well just be an unrecorded one, or another demon using an alias for whatever reason.

All I'm asking is does anyone know the source of that particular footage?

I'll look more into the footage, maybe I can find a source.

Who cares if it's a scary name, it ain't my story...

I agree. Just an observation with a pinch of comedic relief.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Ashmedai because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashmedai

I find Zozo to be a scary name..

I think I watched some episode of are you afraid of the dark when I was little that had some clown demon thing named Bozo or something that scared me to no end. I get the same vibe from this name Zozo. Or it may have been Goosebumps?
edit on 5/2/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've seen the clip that's in this video before. It's been on YouTube for quite a while, so I'm pretty sure it's not a promotional thing. I did some research on ZOZO when I first saw the clip and found a video of a radio interview talking about it. John Zaffis is a paranormal investigator with over 30 years of experience.

On May 12th, 2010, John Zaffis was interviewed on Haunted Radio with Steven Lachance and Denise Jones. Here John reveals that this Zozo entity has come up time and time again during his career as a paranormal investigator. With commentary by self proclaimed "Zozologist" Darren Evans, this is indeed a fascinating interview.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

in this video there is a mention of Zozo, but also at 6:00 through maybe 6:20 she mentions a certain experience and she heard Zo So not Zo Zo...

Maybe there is some Led Zeplin connection afterall??

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hmm, this is getting intriguing...first time I heard about Zozo was over 10 years ago, I went to school with a lad who was always into paranormal stuff even when we were kids, I was reading comics and he was reading stories about ghosts, demons and UFO's and whatot. All through school and even after we left school he never lost interest in these subjects, mostly it was UFO stuff but most of the bizarre, crazy, unexplained stories I heard as a lad came from him, he was the first person I heard talk about the Philadelphia experiment, Bermuda triangle, the Marie Celeste, etc. He was absolutely obsessed with it all.

Personally, back then I'd little interest in this sort of stuff, he spoke about Zozo over a period of a few months I must have been about 19 or 20 at the time...I wasn't so interested and was kind of dismissive of it all.

He wanted to try using a ouija board but I wasn't into it at all, and had my mind on other matters at the time, I don't know if he ever did but it'd be nice to find out, I might try and find him. I lost contact with him and many other friends about 8 or 9 years or so ago when I moved house...we were on seperate paths, he was into paranormal and ufology and stuff, I was interested in girls, parties and alcohol.

I was only about 5 or 6 years ago when I developed an interest in such subjects I first read about Zozo online, actually stumbled across some stories quite by chance when reading some stuff about peoples experiences with the ouija, didn't intentionally search for the Zozo stuff as I'd never really thought much of it and dismissed it as nonsense. I was quite shocked at the number of stories I came across on the subject, I'd really like to find my old pal and find out where he heard of the Zozo phenomenon, I mean the net was around back then but I don't remember him ever mentioning it and it wasn't so popular in those days...plus some of the stories I found apprently took place long after I'd parted company with him and many other old friends.

To be honest I was sort of hoping this would prove to be a known hoax or perhaps footage from a film..the thought that it might actually be authentic is terrifying.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm a paranormal investigator and never heard of ZoZo...but when I googled to study more....hola

There's sooooo much on this demon.. Here's a story I thought was interesting as hell...

www.trueghosttales.com...

I have a vid coming soon of an investigation I did....one of my team- members was scratched. It wasn't huge...but there was a scratch nonTheLess. I've never studied demons because I haven't run into one yet....this story issss soooo fascinating.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I found something about Zozo too:

zozotheouijaspirit.blogspot.com...

Questions and answers with Darren Evans How far back does this phenomena appear to have been reported? That is still under investigation. Research on the mysterious word Zo indicates it could be a religious term used in early African Voodoo. ( See article above ) While contact with Zozo appears on the surface to be largely as a result of Ouija Boards, in my research I have uncovered evidence prior to the advent of the "modern" Ouija. Zozo is listed in an 18th century French dictionary as one of the demons responsible for a severe possession of a young girl in 1816. In another book written in 1906 that details Greek tourism at the time mentions that Zozo is a "nickname" or other term to describe the demon Pazuzu. Can this name give us clues as to it's origin? A large number of Zozo encounters on Ouija Boards appears to have suddenly exploded during the early eighties. Stories of these encounters began to show up on the internet in the mid nineties. In the last three years since I began this site I have recieved hundreds of emails from people claiming to have had contact with this entity.

edit on 2-5-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I've read that account before, that Darren guy is the same Darren Evans mentioned in the video someone posted above. He's quite obsessed with the whole Zozo thing.

That video of the radio show posted above is new to me, never heard that before but it certainly seems the appearence of this Zozo thing is quite common among ouija users.

One part of me wants to actually try it and see if I can establish contact, another part of me is telling me to let go and forget all about it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
read this the other day. seams like it applies here.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Quite profound...how does it apply here, exactly?

Do we all have an evil entity inside us...called Zozo?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply
reply to post by omegacorps

Quite profound...how does it apply here, exactly?

Do we all have an evil entity inside us...called Zozo?

I think he means we shouldn`t feed bad spirits by contacting them. That way the bad energies surround us.

That was just my impression of the text.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

ones own internal battles can manifest in the world around them.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yeah, he's probably right.

Sorry, I doubt I'll ever find out for sure where that footage came from or if it's real. Maybe best not digging too deep, someone posted this link above:

www.trueghosttales.com...

Which I remember reading a while ago, what I hadn't read were the responses at the lower end of the page...I don't know what to make of this any more...not particularly superstitious, certainly not religious, but it's kinda giving me the heebie jeebies...think I'll stop digging, cheers for the responses though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join