It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Nazis begin censorship of internet - Virgin and more blocking PirateBay!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir

Originally posted by dawnprince
Video Piracey is theft , regardless of your stance on this subject.

That's an argument all by itself, personally I don't consider it theft. to steal from someone you have to take something they owned from them. if you copy something they made it isn't the same thing. I can understand people arguing that its wrong but I really can't understand why they would call it theft.

Simple ....They own the rights.
I doubt you could use your statement as a defence in a court of law .

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Posted this on the other thread..

So many sites I've noticed are either down, sign-up only or have had a lot of content removed

Mediafire springs to mind.

But there's also a lot less content on sites like zshare, 4shared...et al and some others have completely disappeared.

While it very much is like pissing on a forest fire, they seem to be taking a fair few down... and then they just spring back up.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This shows how ridiculous the figures are relating to copyright theft !

edit on 023131p://05America/Chicago02 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

edit on 023131p://05America/Chicago02 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That's an argument all by itself, personally I don't consider it theft. to steal from someone you have to take something they owned from them. if you copy something they made it isn't the same thing. I can understand people arguing that its wrong but I really can't understand why they would call it theft.

doesn't mean its theft just because they own the rights theft is "the act of stealing; the wrongful taking and carrying away of the personal goods or property of another" according to dictionary.reference.com... and copying someone else's personal good or property isn't the same thing.

as for it holding up in a court of law, well that means diddly squat. the law system lives in its own world with its own language and people living in its world rarely come down to earth for long enough to realize they're speaking out of there bottom.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

doesn't mean its theft just because they own the rights theft is "the act of stealing; the wrongful taking and carrying away of the personal goods or property of another" according to dictionary.reference.com... and copying someone else's personal good or property isn't the same thing.

as for it holding up in a court of law, well that means diddly squat. the law system lives in its own world with its own language and people living in its world rarely come down to earth for long enough to realize they're speaking out of there bottom.

Like it or not , it's still law and video piracey IS theft .

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Like it or not , it's still law and video piracey IS theft .

I think what he's saying is he doesn't care if it's law, just as most don't.

Millions of laws are broken everyday by ordinary people. Most of them harmless, even though ATS like to censor one subject in particular

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Don't you just hate it when people hijack your thread
"IV'E JUST BEEN PIRATED"

ABOVETOPSECET.COM

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I can argue against this on several levels

1. the UK is supposed to be a democracy (sort of)

yeah but... it was YOU BRITS that invented copyright in the first place

Copyright was invented after the advent of the printing press and with wider public literacy. As a legal concept, its origins in Britain were from a reaction to printers' monopolies at the beginning of the 18th century. Charles II of England was concerned by the unregulated copying of books and passed the Licensing of the Press Act 1662 by Act of Parliament

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join