It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges laid against Montreal taxi driver filmed running over man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to think with this one.
Of course the taxi driver should not have run over this kid, but some are saying the victim deserves it.

I don't know what goes on in someones head when they start panicking like this, so I cannot judge the action of the taxi driver.

Cab driver Guercy Edmond, 47, was charged Monday. A 23-year-old man was run over during a dispute that escalated between the cabbie and an agitated group of people in Montreal's Plateau district.

Edmond is charged with several offences, including aggravated assault, assault with a weapon, hit and run, and dangerous driving.

The scene early Sunday morning, filmed by several witnesses and uploaded to YouTube, shows a group of people kicking and jumping on the taxi, which turns twice before rolling over the man and driving off.

Montreal cabbie charged in hit and run up for bail

Charges laid against Montreal taxi driver filmed running over man

Montreal cabbie accused of hit-and-run seeks bail

Charges Brought Against Taxi Driver Allegedly Behind Horrific Hit-And-Run That Was Caught on Camera
edit on 2-5-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Senseless violence. I will never understand why people must escalate situations that either result in humiliation, injury or death. The human family lacks courage.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Not condoning what the driver did but when you act an idiot like that victim did, bad things can and do happen.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The cab driver did nothing wrong...he was being attacked by a group of people. If you attack someone, whatever consequence that befalls on you is your fault. If anything the group looked like they were enjoying themselves harassing a cab driver while destroying the car. I would have done the same thing either from panic or revenge.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thats awful, BUT he did ask for it he and the other guy started acting like monkeys and beating his car up then get in the way as you can clearly see hes trying to get out of there asap. If they hadn't acted stupid as hell then he would not have been ran over!

Yes I would have fled to, right to the nearest officer to avoid the mob mentality of these numb nuts! I hope he makes a full recovery but I doubt he will learn anything from this and will still be the same dumb ass he was before life taught him a lesson on civility!
edit on 2-5-2012 by Snakedoctorjw because: spell good not

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wow, what an idiot. Both of them. It reminds me of a motorcyclist that got road rage when cut off by a semi truck and went around him and slammed on his brakes to make the truck run off the road. He got pancaked.

I don't know why the cab driver was sitting in the road like that. There must have been some altercation before.
However, regardless of what was happening, the cab driver is going to face some criminal charges. Seems like enough videos of the incident to find the perpetrator.

And the idiot jumping on the car, he won't do that again!

edit on 2/5/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Fellow cab drivers seems to think he acted as self-defense and they came to the court
house this morning to show support.

MONTREAL - Traffic was backed up along St. Antoine St. near the Montreal courthouse Wednesday morning as taxi drivers lined up their vehicles in support of Guercy Edmond, a cabbie facing charges after a dispute early Sunday in which a pedestrian was run over on St. Laurent Blvd.

Confusion reigns at courthouse as cabbie faces bail hearing for hit and run

top topics

join