Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

"River, Rocks, and Time":

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Nov 24, 2008 ... Incredibly, banner stones are said to have been made by the people ... on their specific use, but below you will find all the uses that I am aware ...Link
=================================================================================
SRAC "River, Rocks, and Time": Problematic Forms: Bannerstones
sracenter.blogspot.com/2008/11/problematic-forms-bannerstones.h... - Similarto SRAC "River, Rocks, and Time": Problematic Forms: Bannerstones
Nov 24, 2008 ... Incredibly, banner stones are said to have been made by the people ... on their specific use, but below you will find all the uses that I am aware ...

Hi all,
I have viewed several of these most interesting and mysterious objects in museums and shops.
They often appear in magazines and archeological reports.
I have my idea what these works of art are do you?
This is a GOOD read never the less.
cheers ljb
edit on 5/2/2012 by longjohnbritches because:
edit on 5/2/2012 by longjohnbritches because: Thank you Hans
extra DIV




posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 

Your link goes to a "page does not exist" page.
What is the story and/or pics describing? What do you think they are?



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 

Your link goes to a "page does not exist" page.
What is the story and/or pics describing? What do you think they are?


Hi Hero,
Thanks
Let me see if I can get the link fixed first.
If and when you read the article which is a stunning one on the subject,
and present your idea. Then I will gladly reveal mine.
Fair enough?
cheers ljb

ANY Help With the Link Anybody??



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


Since your link doesn't work can you at least give some sort of summary on what your OP is about and maybe your opinion too?



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Is this Link where you are trying to go?

I have always wondered if my find was one of these rocks that you are speaking of.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Doodle19815 because: To add pic



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


Since your link doesn't work can you at least give some sort of summary on what your OP is about and maybe your opinion too?

Hidoob,
It's pretty much there in the OP.
These drilled stones are shrouded in mystery.
Try to find the page of the (blog) I guess. Try a cut and paste of the article heading into your browser.
I am at a loss to get the proper info up for you.
I think it is important to have a look at the info prior to discussion.
Not trying to be obtuse ljb
PS of course unless you are familiar with these bannerstones already and have an opinion



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Is this where you are trying to go?


Hey Dude that's it!
How did you do that??
Exelent! I will try to get it up to the op.
Pardon my gimmpyness.
thankful ljb



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Is this Link where you are trying to go?


Now I wish I could edit out all my edits.
My op always look like swiss cheese.
thank, I owe you one.
I hope folks see the LINK right near the top. lol
ljb
PS did you read it?



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


I did read it. I find these things very fascinating. I love to just walk around and look at rocks. I have picked up several that look man manipulated. Please see my pic in the edited post above for one of my favorite finds. It may be nothing but I still think it is pretty cool.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Is this Link where you are trying to go?


Now I wish I could edit out all my edits.
My op always look like swiss cheese.
thank, I owe you one.
I hope folks see the LINK right near the top. lol
ljb
PS did you read it?


Just open up edit, select the edit information and delete - but a new one will always remain



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815
 


Wow nelly,
That's one big picture.
It is hard for me to tell with out seeing the whole object at once.
I can see light through the (what seems to be the right side of the rock.
Bannerstones are usually drilled directlly in the center of balance.
Any chance you could resize the pic??



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune
 


Hi Hans,
This is a great forum.
thank you sir



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Let me see how this one looks.




posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


I did read it. I find these things very fascinating. I love to just walk around and look at rocks. I have picked up several that look man manipulated. Please see my pic in the edited post above for one of my favorite finds. It may be nothing but I still think it is pretty cool.


I think the holes in these rocks tell a lot about them. Although there are numerous ways holes occur in them naturally.
Sometimes mud can harden around a softer cylindrical object. And then the softer material dissolves away with time.
One place to find some of these type rocks is on the beach north of LA.
thanks for the interest and input ljb
Ps Stick around and I am sure the members here know how stone can be hand drilled with out metal.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815
 


Looks cool.
I think the bannerstones as I have already said are drilled in the center.
The one in your photo may be a Plumet? If it drilled by man or not.
Do you mind revealing where you found it?
Creek, mountain top, desert, woods etc.






top topics



 
1

log in

join