It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your favorite verse from the bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. John 8:7

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have 6 favorite verses…

My first is John 14:20, which I was reading, on the day I received the Holy Spirit, which is why it’s my most favorite verse.

John 14:20
“On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.”

And

John 14:23
Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

And the next verse is what I experience upon receiving it…

John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.”

And here are my other top 3…

John 8:17-18
"In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father who sent me.”

And

Proverbs 8:9-11
To the discerning all of them are right; they are faultless to those who have knowledge.
Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

And finally…

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

- JC

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
"...everything which God has made is good, and nothing is evil, if it is taken with praise..." - 1 Timothy 4:4

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

lol Its a big one... hold on to your hat...

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think when he said verse, he meant verse, and not passage lol

But still… nice… er… verses!

- JC

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Gill explains it this way
But God commendeth his love towards us,...." That is, he hath manifested it, which was before hid in his heart; he has given clear evidence of it, a full proof and demonstration of it; he has so confirmed it by this instance, that there is no room nor reason to doubt of it; he has illustrated and set it off with the greater lustre by this circumstance of it,"

in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us

." God's elect were sinners in Adam, in whom they were naturally and federally, as all mankind were; hence polluted and guilty; and so they are in their own persons whilst unregenerate: they are dead in sin, and live in it, commit it, are slaves unto it, and are under the power and dominion of it; and many of them are the chief and vilest of sinners; and such they were considered when Christ died for them: but are not God's people sinners after conversion? yes; but sin has not the dominion over them; their life is not a course of sinning, as before; and besides, they are openly justified and pardoned, as well as renewed, and sanctified, and live in newness of life; so that their characters now are taken, not from their worse, but better part. And that before conversion is particularly mentioned here, to illustrate the love of God to them, notwithstanding this their character and condition; and to show that the love of God to them was very early; it anteceded their conversion; it was before the death of Christ for them; yea, it was from everlasting: and also to express the freeness of it, and to make it appear, that it did not arise from any loveliness in them; or from any love in them to him; nor from any works of righteousness done by them, but from his own sovereign will and pleasure."

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There are so many good ones....here's but a few of the ones I love (and I'm sure I'll think of lots more after I post these):

Hebrews 7:25 Where he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them

John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Phil 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I heard this one on the radio today, and for some reason it really tickled me....

Proverbs 23:5 Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by Akragon

I think when he said verse, he meant verse, and not passage lol

But still… nice… er… verses!

- JC

Hey...

If christians can claim the bible is one book... i can claim this is one verse...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I was speaking as a child, I was led as a child, I was thinking as a child, but when I became a man, I ceased these childish things.

words to try and live by

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

danzig too - lucifuge!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

I also love Psalm 23. It is one of my favorite chapters in the whole bible. Thanks for the thread OP. Stars n flags.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

John 15:16

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out. No wonder the maidens love you! Song of Solomon 1:3

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Psalm 45:1

my heart is stirred by a noble theme, as I recite verses for my King.

appropriate

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Zechariah 3:9 "For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day."

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Their are so many it is true and here is another one from Luke and it surely fits into this site well.

Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

<< 1   >>

join