It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your favorite verse from the bible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There are so many but I am asking what is your most your favorite?

Here is one of my favorites but if you have more feel free to post.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Of course everyone is welcome.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Gen 1:29

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

bible.cc...

edit on 2-5-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
-Proverbs 9:10

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
hmmm... "once upon a time"?

Ok, now seriously... I'm not a religious person but I guess my favorite is:

Psalm 23:4 though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Rev.1.7

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
"By their deeds shall ye know them."

I'm not a Christian, but I'll be the first to say that there's a lot of wisdom in the Bible.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
John 15:13

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Mark 12:31

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Proverbs 27:17

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
REVELATION 21:7
edit on 2-5-2012 by mikeprodigy because: add

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Philippians 4:13

13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. Mark 8:35

The entire Bible is amazing, it's hard to cherry pick which is the best, Gods word is like a breeze in the tropics, I love it

S&F good thread

edit on 5/2/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Paul speaking ....

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

Just a reminder of how dated this text really is. Dont get me wrong, there is a ton of knowledge and good advice in there but lines like this keep its feet on the ground.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Gen 1:26

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I still haven't figured out who was helping him make us, but judging by my looks they were ugly (Or "God" is ugly!)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

or
woe to you oh earth and sea,for the devil hath sent the beast with wrath,because he knows the time is short.
let him who hath understanding the number of the beast,for it is a human number.
his number is six hundred and three score and six.
man,theres so many.
how about this one;
(psalm xviii,7) then the earth shook and trembled,the foundations of the hills also moved and were shaken,because He was wroth.
edit on 2-5-2012 by reficul because: forgot a sentance!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Matthew 6:10

"thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven."

edit on 2-5-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

There is a tv show called 3:18, there telling you people something. Its not being hidden from anybody.
edit on 2-5-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Bod Chapter 3 verse 7

"He who smelt it dealt it! "

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

One I was younger I would always look that up because I was an Iron Maiden fan.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Do to others as you would have them do to you.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Exodus 4:24-25

Now it came about at the lodging place on the way that the LORD met him and sought to put him to death. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son’s foreskin and threw it at Moses’ feet, and she said, “You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me.”

This woman's son must have been screaming out in pain, but I admire this woman's hutspah, and agree with her sentiment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join