It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio False-Flag To Stop 'Occupy'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
ATS member FlyersFan recently broke this story for us:
Five Arrested For Allegedly Trying to Blow Up Ohio Bridge

This group of freelance, self-proclaimed "anarchists" wanted to cause havoc and chaos by distracting police officers with smoke bombs while toppling over business signs. An undercover F.B.I. agent joins this small group by infiltration. Next thing you know, the idea of toppling signs turns into a plot to destroy a bridge using fake explosives provided by the U.S. government.

I have a high suspicion of persuasion, entrapment, and false-flag here. However, any person of any affiliation who pursues violence or murder is wrong. Violence and murder is the past... the old ways of mankind. In order to build a promising future, it must be built upon Peace, compassion, and inclusion. Anything short of this binds us to the cycles of war, tyranny, and enslavement. Have we not yet learned that all "others" are Self?

Now, let us continue....

The above mentioned story alone appears rather fishy to me, however, the timing of this thwarted plot raises more red flags in my mind.

City Hall will not renew permit for Occupy Cleveland protestors

19 Action News has confirmed Cleveland City Hall has decided not to renew a permit for Occupy Cleveland protestors to stay on a portion of Public Square.

The protestors can still be there with signs, but they have to remove a tent, camping equipment and other belongings. The number of protestors had dwindled in recent weeks.

The suspects in the bridge bomb plot had ties to the Occupy Cleveland protest movement, but they were not organizers.

That's right folks!! 'Occupy Cleveland' was up for a permit renewal at the very same time that this "anarchist" plot was revealed.

I now turn it over to you guys.

Peace.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well, to be fair it does sound like the Occupy's usual MO. Destruction of property and vandalism.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is the problem with an open, leaderless movement. Anyone can label him/herself as an "Occupier" and act in ways detrimental to the movement. Occupy has divulged into a shameful psuedo-riot; the rioters don't even know WHY they are rioting anymore (if they ever did).

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by luccadeo
Well, to be fair it does sound like the Occupy's usual MO. Destruction of property and vandalism.

Or rather.. That is what the propaganda machine/mainstream media wants you to believe.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by luccadeo

Does the 'Occupy' modus operandi usually included attempts to blow up stuff with explosives provided by the F.B.I.?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Movements don't necessarily need leaders. Stated and shared causes are enough, as long as everyone is on the same page. People don't need an authority figure to tell them what to do or how to protest.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Anyone standing up to the central banking system will be ignored or discredited by the Reuters, Associated Press, and the rest of the media outlets that the central banking heads own. Crazy times.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is how they have caught almost every terror plot since 9/11. Its basically a sting with another component to it. I am quite sure this group of people is mentally unstable. Almost every potential "homegrown terrorist" is mentally unstable. However, most do not have the cognitive planning ability to do this type of thing on their own. Most seem to be followers waiting in the wind to prove their demented thoughts to some ring leader. Then the FBI show up all to willing to provide the intellectual planning and equipment to carry out a "fake attack." Of course these mentally unstable people follow along and follow the leader.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

You explained this very nicely.

This type of agenda is exactly what I suspect.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

That's right folks!! 'Occupy Cleveland' was up for a permit renewal at the very same time that this "anarchist" plot was revealed.

S & F

In another THREAD I pointed out that the FBI was heavily involved in this supposed ‘terrorist plot’ and it appears to be yet another case of entrapment; definitely a false flag to put the brakes on OWS Cleveland.

They were however still able to protest…just not OCCUPY. That took some of the wind out of their sails for sure!

edit on 2-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I love how everyone always screams entrapment.Do any of you actually even know what entrapment is or is that just an excuse you use to try to get out of breaking the law?

www.lectlaw.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Almost every potential "homegrown terrorist" is mentally unstable.

why stop there? how about almost EVERYONE is mentally unstable.
since you can generalize like that, it would only make sense if I can too.

the 'homegrown terrorist' label is a way to discredit a lot of SANE Americans who are sick and tired of the continuation of failed policies. who would use their 2nd amendment rights in defense of liberty.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

Based on your source:

A person is 'entrapped' when he is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit; and the law as a matter of policy forbids conviction in such a case.

However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the Government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime.

The line is very blurry…

If these kids were venting about wanting to blow something up that isn’t necessarily demonstrating ‘intent.’ If those kids are then approached with fake explosives by an undercover FBI agent and they then decided to go through with it was the intent manufactured? Would they have pursued it without access to explosives and the know-how to follow through? I think not.

I’m no lawyer but it doesn’t take a lawyer to see that in some circumstances the ‘intent’ was fostered when the ‘means’ were provided.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

I said this in the thread I cited in the opening post. I'll copy/paste for ya since you're under the impression I am ignorant on the subject.

• Entrapment: when a person is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit.

• False-Flag: covert operations designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities.

- Motive/Agenda for entrapment or a false-flag?
To pass more totalitarian laws. To further restrict freedom and privacy. To discredit popular movements and protests.

Undercover agents befriend people that they think they can persuade into becoming a domestic terrorist.

"Hey Jimmy... you hate the U.S. government, right? Don't you think it's time to rise up and fight? If you want to help take down the corrupt government, I can get you some weapons."

* Agents supply real or fake weapons to the person they persuaded and influenced *

"Hey U.S. public!!! We caught us some domestic terrorists!"

It's all crap! Look at how many times rebels, popular movements, warlords, oppositional groups, terrorists, assassins, and drug cartels have been influenced and then armed. Sickening.

edit on 5/2/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It seems to more tie into the "False Flag" Ron Paul(though mentioned about it as a "Townhall" rally attack) warned against because more details are coming up that these "Anarchists" wanted to bomb the RNC and more.
Republican National Convention mentioned by Ohio bridge-bombing plot suspect, FBI says

I've skimmed through user comments(possible some shills) at location of MSM/Net news sharing and well for the Ohio incident as well as May Day Occupy News;
Looks like the media is working. For ex:

-(IMO) Yahoo is keeping comments that are Anti Occupy, that are directed negatively toward anyone protesting. Appearing the sweep through deleting/ or user reported "abuse" deletion of positive Occupy comments as well as with "False Flag" comments.

-Those go in turn with, there's no discussion of Flase Flag it's only of people saying things from
"Look at those dirty criminals"
to "Kill all protesters"
edit on 2-5-2012 by dreamingawake because: correction

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Almost every potential "homegrown terrorist" is mentally unstable.

why stop there? how about almost EVERYONE is mentally unstable.
since you can generalize like that, it would only make sense if I can too.

the 'homegrown terrorist' label is a way to discredit a lot of SANE Americans who are sick and tired of the continuation of failed policies. who would use their 2nd amendment rights in defense of liberty.

Any sane person would realize the futility of blowing up a bridge. It would accomplish nothing. It would no further a cause of legitimate dispute. I do agree the term homegrown terrorist is used too loosely and endangers free thinking people.

new topics

top topics

join