It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dream of tornadoes before a personal negative life event.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
For almost thirty years now, I have dreamt of tornadoes in one form or another before something bad happens in my life. Usually it's the next day that something happens or at least within three days, no more. Last Wednesday, 4/25, I dreamt I was in some building trying to escape bad weather with rumors of possible tornadoes. Everyone was scrambling to find shelter on lower floors. I was in a large room with big windows on each side. I went to look out one window and the bottom of a colossal, very dark storm cell was turned upward facing the building only about a mile away. A big dark cone was coming out of the center ready to bore into the building like a drill bit. I ran to look out the other side and an identical one was faced toward the building also.

I woke up from this dream in the middle of the night and thought with a chuckle, "Whoa! Holy Moly! I wonder what in the world is going to happen TODAY!" Went back to sleep - figured I'd need it! Sure enough, I got a really rude email from my employer in response to a financial projection email I sent her about what we had going at work. She responded that she refused to even read the email based on (trust me) a very stupid reason. In light of this and the situation, I had no choice but to resign, desired to after that, and sent my resignation back effective immediately. Guess her plan worked! In a follow up email by my employer copying many, she told two major out and out lies about me to make me look bad and her look good. I had been there for a dozen or so years and for the last six months had done an incredible amount of voluntary work to help the business from sinking and was getting praise left and right. I loved my job. Now, she will have the benefit of all future praise and business based on my jumpstarting a project. Go figure, lol. My pay was minimal so it wasn't the money. The job was a major part of my life and to have it end so cruelly was a major blow. Further details are irrelevant - it was the fact that I was warned by this dream in the usual way - the biggest dark tornadoes coming my way! The bitterness will wear off and I'll let it go in time as that's the healthy thing to do.

These were the worst tornadoes I have ever seen in any dream. The fact that there were two identical ones, makes me think that the other must have been the lies told about me, or it was my "brilliant rebuttal" (as someone said) mirroring back and exposing her lies - a situation I never thought I'd be in. Anyone else out there have this ongoing sort of premonition with dreams? I'd be interested to hear it!. Some part of me is in tune with the future. It's a very interesting phenomena in my life and I wanted to share it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I often dream of tornadoes when I feel that situations with work are out of control, particularly when they're looming and I know that a big impact is coming. It's the perfect metapor, really.

'Have to wonder if you are either subconsciously picking up on clues that something is about to happen or you're simply psychic and then you're projecting the symbolism in your dreams? At any rate, it's certainly something that's worthy of your attention when it occurs.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You're not alone. I started dreaming of tornadoes coming my way but I always managed to find shelter and would look at them through the window. They would always come close and would be very dark and menacing in color but I was usually in a safe place and I would emerge when they were gone. I began getting them for a few weeks before a big negative event happened in my personal life. The day that incident occurred, I no longer dreamt of tornadoes. I am positive that it was a forewarning of a trouble time that was coming.
edit on 2-5-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I also dream of tornadoes often. The dream always ends before I'm hit, or I don't remember the rest, but the fear is always fresh on my mind when I wake.

I haven't noticed if it's ever before a negative event my life. I'll have to pay attention to that.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Tornado
Tornado is a violent storm in nature, and it may represent violent emotional storms in your dreams. If you have reoccurring tornado dreams consider the emotional changes in your life and also the amount of anger and rage that you may be currently experiencing. Tornadoes could also represent disruptions and upsets in you immediate environment and specific or current issues that may be overwhelming.

www.experiencefestival.com...

I would suggest everyone get their hands on a dream dictionary and make a dream diary. Write every little detail down you can remember, even the smallest of details can be of great significance. The mind and dreams are wonderful things.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thanks to all of you for your replies. I didn't think I was alone with this premontion. Only heard from women - any men out there have this or something similar? Yes, I always come out safe and unhurt. Personally, I think it's more of a psychic thing because when this happens I have no idea what is about to take place. I did expect her to make suggestions or even changes but not at all to 'blow me off'.

As a funny side note, when I was in my late teens and 20's when I'd start new relationships, after the first date or few, I'd always dream I was being stalked by Wolfman himself. Ha! And no, I don't think all men are wolves, nor all women feline.

Dream diaries are a great idea and probably worth it for a few good reasons. I used to remember with great recall vivid and intricate details of my dreams - color and everything. I knew I dreamt in color because I would think about the color as I was dreaming. A concussion back in 2000 left me unable to remember really 98% of my dreams. Now it's up to about 25%. It is only when I exercise regularly that I find I can remember them. I'm sure it has everything to do with blood circulation. In my case, I have to admit that regular body health is important to understanding myself if I want to use dreams as a way to do that - like I'm blasting open those blocked connections.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sorry - another woman replying - but I also have tornado dreams when I'm stressed out...it's usually an "impending doom" type of dream. When I was a kid it was monsters, now it's tornados. I also have plane crash dreams when stressed out. How Freudian is that?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightrider

I have been absolutely terrified of tornadoes since I was a kid. I frequently had dreams in which tornadoes manifested. As I got older I started realizing a correlation between tornado dreams and negative life experiences. I now know that for me, tornado dreams always indicate something extremely negative about to happen. The more intense the tornado experience, the more negative the experience will be. One of the last tornado dreams I had, actually came true! I dreamed I was in a room and I was not myself. I knew a tornado was coming and all the walls around me started to shake violently and the roof was lifted off the house. I woke up from the dream disorganized and in a horrible mood. I knew something bad was about to happen. A few hours after I awoke from that dream, an unexpected tornado hit my town and destroyed my grandmothers house. What happened to me in the dream was exactly what happened to my grandmother. She was in her bedroom, she heard the tornado coming and everything started to shake and the roof was pulled off the house. Thankfully, she received a minor head injury. It could have been worse!

top topics

join