It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student locked up by the DEA for 5 days WITHOUT Food or water.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
One thing I don't understand about this case, as a Brit.

What is the significance of the ammunition and guns to the case? I thought both were legal commodities in the USA, therefore the fact that both were found, should have no bearing at all.

I would appreciate it if someone clarified that for me.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

Well its a catch 22... certain guns and ammo are allowed and it varies from state to state, in California automatic weapons are not legal...

The guns seized I believe were illegal weapons, (They were not registered, automatic or otherwise)

also that kind of stockpile of ammo is a problem

PLUS adding that amount of pills makes it look like a drug ring (which is how I think the DEA is going to swing this)

The problem here is the fact that someone coming out of jail has to be hospitalized! and he was by himself it's not like another inmate attacked him you know?

This is so George Orwell it makes my stomach turn

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thank you for clarifying the gun situation for me.

I agree, the subsequent treatment of the alleged victim, and the denial of water and food supplies during his incarceration was not acceptable by any metric.

I do remember in the SAS Survivalists Handbook, which I read once, it says that drinking your own urine in a situation where water is not easily obtainable, is the worst thing you can do, as it requres more of the bodies already depleated water supply, to process.

Obviously the guy didn't know this, and made a bad situation far worse. Irrespective of what crimes he is alleged to have committed, my heart goes out to him, and I hope that he finds some justice for his inhumane treatment.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

I guess when in that situation its better than nothing.. I dont think any of us can be prepared.. and I'm glad you asked those questions (I was happy to clarify).

5 days... is... just insanity... and I'm glad he is still alive after this ordeal, who knows what kind of medical problems he could or would develop over this...

For those who also don't know the stigma of UCSD.. it's a very prestigious school. A lot of doctors come out of UCSD, it's very impacted and hard to get into... My first question when I read this story was

"he got busted at a party, wow are UCSD students not allowed to have fun?"

then I read 5 days... yeah, something stinks here...
edit on 4-5-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

He was a chronic meth user and pot user, that’s why he drunk his piss and that why he started eating glass, he was ‘withdrawing’ and so obviously needed more drugs. That’s what happens when you’re a chronic drug user and you need more drugs to help you get through the withdraw moments.

Holy moley...when was the last time you went without food and water for 5 days?

I've been without food for 2 days (not by choice) and by the end of 8 hours I had a raging headache (muscle metabolism), didn't have too much body fat and it also takes a while to switch onto adipose metabolism. I had trouble staying asleep during the first night, by the end of the 2 days I was really feeling very very strange and light headed, still with a terrible headache, was really confused and could not stop thinking about food at all , I was really cold and felt very tired and weak and everything seemed quite unreal.

luckily I had water so didn't suffer the effects of dehydration, which leads to extreme thirst, weakness, rapid heartbeat and breathing , fever, delirium, seizures, coma and then death, depending on the person and level of shock and stress that can happen in as little a 3 days.

Nor was I confined to a small cell with no idea if I would ever be let out .... that is mental torture.

This is a discussion on what happens to some prisoners in solitary confinement where they have food and water:

"Previously healthy prisoners have "developed clinical symptoms usually associated with psychosis or severe affective disorders" including "all types of psychiatric morbidity." Many have committed suicide.
Individuals do vary in how well they can deal with living in isolation, however. For prisoners with pre-existing mental or emotional disorders, living without normal human interaction, physical and mental activity and stimulation can aggravate their symptoms to levels equivalent to torture. In one complaint filed against the Connecticut Department of Correction in August 2003, social isolation and sensory deprivation drove some prisoners to "lash out by swallowing razors, smashing their heads into walls or cutting their flesh."
serendip.brynmawr.edu...

Nowhere in the reported story does it mention this young man is an addict as you suggest. Perhaps you have a link proving your claims regarding his mental health issues you'd care to share.

The physical and psychological torture he received would be enough to cause the behavior mentioned.

I understand your everything is pre destined Karma idea, however I would still suggest that on a personal level that tranquility comes from practicing compassion. You sound as if you have blocked yourself off from your emotions, I hope I am wrong because that either means you have suffered greatly (in which case I wish you healing) or were born without the ability to empathize and hence are not able to experience the joy that comes from love.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

I am going to answer to this post in your new thread, as it seems to me to be something beyond just this thread, and touches into the other a bit, since we're talking about Dad/Mom specifically and really the depth of their Frequency of Love and what that means, so I'll have to link your post there and post a reply, which will have to do with a personal relationship with Them, and frequency, just knowing what Love is and what the freqs up on Virtues and Attributes means.

I could add more, for when my son was terrified of sleeping in the room he insisted we made him out of the sunroom, due to some sightings which we go into, I was a little upset and trying to share that we overcome our fears, like as a child I was always afraid, yet knew I had to, be alone in my room and try to get to sleep, not that I didn't leave it and climb into bed with my parents from time to time, or that I had to have a bath alone, so I faced it with Faith in Goodness, even at a young age, I was very impatient, too impatient trying to deal with him, he is 12, and then felt ashamed of myself as I lay down beside him, realizing my words were harsh only making him feel more cowardly, and that this wasn't right, and that instead I was just allowing a program to run through me.

So I lay down beside him, and suddenly my heart was full of Spirit and the words came out, "We are so proud of you, everyone in the universe is so proud of anyone who comes into earth tests, for its very hard in these low gravity frequencies with so much negativity around. That he was considered so brave by his Family and the Universe for even being here, so be gentle with yourself, this is nothing compared to how brave you truly are!"

Now, its out of that heart filled with Love and Spirit, that comes from the True Family, not the false demiurge depicted in the religoins and the minds of lower frequency fears, but the Real Love and Goodness, that can fill your heart and mind to overflowing and speak just the right words through, when you know Who God is, and also, its exactly this overflowing Love, Compassion and Understanding eveyrone's feelings that we must have for one another, everyone.

Do you honestly think that its OK for a police station to put someone behind bars without food and water, when you die from lack of water, for 5 days. That is attempted murder and torture.

Do you think he's a cardboard cutout? Not a person but some thing that is daring to believe he is real that needs to be smashed and hit and hurt and tortured to know what God is? WOW>

Well to join the horned one maybe.

You teach Virtues and What Love is by being LOVE and modeling those Virtues, and also, God is LOVE. ONLY LOVE.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Similar case happened in Fayetteville Arkansas back in 2008. Bailiff forgot about her and then there was a snow storm. 4 days passed before she was discovered. Woman was an illegal immigrant so it didn't get nearly as much attention.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You teach Virtues and What Love is by being LOVE and modeling those Virtues

Thanks for the teaching Unity_99,thanks.

edit on 4-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

I really don't care if you think its gibberish.
This woman may be drinking other fluids but she does not filter it and lets some of it age.
80 oz's of urine daily should have killed her by now if it is that much of a danger. Don't ya think

53-year-old Carrie has been addicted to drinking her own wee-wee for four years, and says she's already downed more than 900 gallons of it.

Carrie drinks 80 ounces of urine a day, and, along with using it in her bath water, she also uses it to brush her teeth and believes it helps her treat cancer.

www.limelife.com...

edit on 5-5-2012 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Not if she has consumed enough extra fluids that the urine is not at a toxic level.
She simply has enough extra fluids that what she does is safe.

Your like includes nothing of her diet, how much foods with liquid she consumes.
Does not say whether she is drinking pure urine or not, I can already tell you she is diluting it.

It's basic human physiology and if you don't know that you are just speaking gibberish which adds nothing to this topic.

If you want to argue that it's an alternative medicine fine w/e.
Don't tell me it's safe in an undiluted form because well you would be wrong.
Diluted form being consuming enough fluids from other sources to dilute it in your system.
If you don't believe me and think it's so safe drink only your urine for 1-2 weeks(not that it will take that long) and see what happens, and don't cheat either.
If you are too discussed by the notion have a loved one drink their own urine.
When you or they are in the ICU or worse we will have our answer.

Until then stop posting gibberish that you know nothing about as it is a waste of everyone's time.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The DEA stated something like this (Just heard it on the radio)

He was supposed to be released, a case of "the wrong place at the wrong time"

in other words he wasn't even charged with anything, and this is the treatment he got! How traumatizing... You hear stories of the North Korean work camps... THIS WAS WORSE THAN THAT!

This dude is scarred for life for sure... He better make millions off the DEA, AND someone(s) need to go to jail!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

No one at the DEA will go to jail because they will chalk it up to paperwork or computer error.
The buck will get passed around so many times it will be ridiculous.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
these guys at the DEA are heroes. they can do nothing wrong!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What a pity! That's inhuman to the core; no food or water? Are u sure this isn't like the Ben 10 season when aliens gradually infiltrate various machinery of government like the police?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
sounds like cruel and unuasual punishment case to me, either way dea swings it they are screwed and so are we cause hes gonna make some money off of us, hell we have 50 million sensors on this planet, we have sensors around a freakin sun , but we dont have motion detectors in the holding rooms to tell if a suspect is in holding, give me afrikin break , if i was him id be getting arrested the min they opend that door, first would be a great big smile, the next would be me swinging a chair at his or her head!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join