It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube pulls plug on Christian videos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
About time people need to stop with the religious talk and move on to stuff that involves the current times.

I used to run a forum and we wouldn't allow any religious talk on it, you know why because it just creates arguments.

Free speech it isn't free speech its preaching, forcing something they have no proof happened.

Its would be like me running around trying to force everyone to believe in M-Theory, Because in the end religion is just a theory.

Sorry if you don't agree but thats my opinion.

It is current. Just a few weeks ago Obama attacked the Catholic Church.

He got slapped back.

Even VP Joe Biden said the White House made a mistake.
------------
Now we have YouTube pulling the plug on Christian videos.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

About time people need to stop with the religious talk and move on to stuff that involves the current times.

I used to run a forum and we wouldn't allow any religious talk on it, you know why because it just creates arguments.

Free speech it isn't free speech its preaching, forcing something they have no proof happened.

Its would be like me running around trying to force everyone to believe in M-Theory, Because in the end religion is just a theory.

Sorry if you don't agree but thats my opinion.

I always have to kinda laugh at opinions like this, because they're blind. You say that free speech about religion isn't free speech, that preaching isn't free speech. Then you conclude with, "Sorry if you don't agree but thats my opinion." You can't see the circular logic here?? Really?

Firstly, no one forces you to read or listen to this so called preaching. There's no compulsory viewing of this channel on YouTube, it's not a requirement for membership to the site or an obligatory call to prayer. If you don't want to watch the channel, if you don't want to read threads about God, don't! But don't say that because it's existence offends you, then it should be disallowed. Man! C'mon!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Now we have YouTube pulling the plug on Christian videos.

No, you have YouTube pulling a single account. Besides, where is the connection that this has anything whatsoever to do with Obama. That seems pretty far fetched if you think about it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by locololo

This is a good idea. Seperate the religion from the government.

Good idea...
except youtube is not the government.

"Free speech" is a joke.

YouTube doesn't have to adhere to the whole "free speech" thing. They aren't a government, they are a website with their own policy. They can ban whoever they want for whatever reason without owing anybody an explanation.

Well, that's not necessarily true. Yes, they can ban anyone they want, but if they ban someone specifically for their Christian beliefs, then they will be answerable for that. After all, they may be a private company, but the people still "vote" on their sustainability through use which translates to dollars. Remember, nothing is too big to fail...remember Myspace...ha!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I believe in God, and love Jesus. But that does not mean that I am stupid. The channel that got shut down was treated thusly because it had produced and displayed frankly appalling propegandist BS, and had repeatedly violated the terms of its existance.

Plus, boatloads of crazy on that channel, and its easy to see why it was removed.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

But seems to me these church groups do.
Example I went to a youth group outing and was forced to sit there and pray.
I was under the understanding this was a youth group outing held by some religious group not to be told I have to do this, Like I was, they gave me no choice.
They try get suck you in young and dumb.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I believe in God, and love Jesus. But that does not mean that I am stupid. The channel that got shut down was treated thusly because it had produced and displayed frankly appalling propegandist BS, and had repeatedly violated the terms of its existance.

Plus, boatloads of crazy on that channel, and its easy to see why it was removed.

No, it's not easy to see why it was removed. Glad it was so easy for you, but that doesn't make it so. Firstly, the man claims he's been in good standing with YouTube all along. Of the over 500 videos he's made, only 3 have ever been flagged by Youtube, and those were addressed by the channel immediately.

Secondly, you don't censor crazy. That's not for you to do in a free speech society. I think you're losing the thread here. If you sensored crazy, then you're no different than the Catholic church in the time of Galileo. All great pioneers and discoverers were at one time thought to be mad...time is the great vindicator. I'm not saying PPSimmons (the channel name) is one among these. I'm saying it's not for us to make this determination through censorship. You know, I remember a time when 'censorship' was a truly aweful word. What happened?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by BBobb

But seems to me these church groups do.
Example I went to a youth group outing and was forced to sit there and pray.
I was under the understanding this was a youth group outing held by some religious group not to be told I have to do this, Like I was, they gave me no choice.
They try get suck you in young and dumb.

Well then you misunderstood. The funny thing is that I'm here defending the churches!!! Lord, if you only knews me you'd know how ridiculous that was. My point is that we don't have compulsory prayer. You went to a religiously affiliated youth group outing. C'mon man! You didn't think there would be prayer? That speaks more about you then them.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

YouTube doesn't have to adhere to the whole "free speech" thing. They aren't a government, they are a website with their own policy. They can ban whoever they want for whatever reason without owing anybody an explanation.

Well, true. I cant argue with that.
You might notice that my post was directed towards a previous post that called for seperation between religion and the government.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was under the understanding that a youth group would give kids something better to do than to hang on the streets and get away for the day not try cram religion down everyones throat.

You can try defend your precious churches all you want, but you aren't going to help every one find "GOD" because they don't believe in that theory.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

A private company can censor whatever it wants really.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
"Free speech" will soon be defined differently.

Soon, "free speech" will be a category of speech applicable to any "paid" expression of opinion.

That way there will be a legal linkage behind the dissemination of opinion and commerce.

Frankly, I consider free speech to have already degraded to the point of what two people verbally exchange in person.

Everything else is subject to some third-party's interjection of inferred offense, or the appearance of "purpose" with which the third party does not agree.

And I am saying this as someone who has never visited that You Tube or heard any of the videos in question. So it will be fair for those who say it was hateful, or repugnant material... but then, to some, any material like that is 'automatically' offensive and repugnant.

As for the notion of separation of church and state... that went out the window once the political parties were purchased....

edit on 2-5-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

O my...soooo...since its garbage because you so...he should pay his own bandwidth...but the people you approve should get free bandwidth...ugghhh 21million hits thought he wasnt garbage.

I would love to know what his infraction was?

It is more to do with what YouTube approve of, and this obviously does not go down well with them.

But yeah the only way to stop stuff being taken down sometimes is to get your own server and do it yourself. Then it is your site & your rules.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
"Free speech" will soon be defined differently.

Soon, "free speech" will be a category of speech applicable to any "paid" expression of opinion.

That way there will be a legal linkage behind the dissemination of opinion and commerce.

Frankly, I consider free speech to have already degraded to the point of what two people verbally exchange in person.

Everything else is subject to some third-party's interjection of inferred offense, or the appearance of "purpose" with which the third party does not agree.

And I am saying this as someone who has never visited that You Tube or heard any of the videos in question. So it will be fair for those who say it was hateful, or repugnant material... but then, to some, any material like that is 'automatically' offensive and repugnant.

As for the notion of separation of church and state... that went out the window once the political parties were purchased....

edit on 2-5-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

Well said!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb

I used to peruse this guy's site every now and again, and I was very surprised today to read that YouTube had terminated it. It was, without a doubt, extreme, but also extremely interesting.

He always seemed to come at things from a very non-chalant viewpoint, always including disclaimers that what he was finding was most likely coincidence that deserved attention, but the findings themselves were damned interesting!

In one, he discerns that Christ identified Satan as "lighting from the heavens" (it's a direct verse from the Bible in which God says that Satan fell as lightning from the heavens). He then goes back to the original Hebrew, all documented, and translates the phrase 'lightning from heaven', and guess how it translates...Barack O'Bama.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-5-2012 by BBobb because: misspellings

Well that explains it. The brown shirts must have all flagged the videos. He's lucky not to have ended up like Andrew Breitbart (yet).

BTW, I'm a Christian but not into the anti-Gay interpretations that seem to be a big part of that guy's ministry.
+

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by BBobb

well, hopefully this is the beginning of the forced dechristianization of America. it's about time we really drove home the whole separation of church and state!
but really, you don't see anything wrong with religious fundamentalists calling our president "SATAN." what do you think most "christians" would want to do to "Satan?" the worst i ever said about bush was that he was a mass murdering war criminal, but SATAN?! come one, gotta draw the line somewhere.

Too true to be "funny", but demonstrates the 1-sideness and flippent anti-Christian attitude of the POTUS and his minions:

edit on 5/2/2012 by reitze because: +

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The way some folks SQUEAL like a scared piglet as if this one account being pulled is really a crack down on the entire figment of the collective imagination is just
! Really? Can the victim card be played a little more please?

Now in the real world, you can look about any American city and see plenty of examples how the seldom practiced but claimed to be what the truth and followed by its zealots to the T faith of christianity is very alive and well. Wait, that is an oxymoron right, seldom practiced but alive and well? Hmmm, let's just say there are a lot of untaxed rackets with crosses on them where folks go to because they're afraid to die.

Or are those not churches but simply vampire defense stations?

Derek

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

In one, he discerns that Christ identified Satan as "lighting from the heavens" (it's a direct verse from the Bible in which God says that Satan fell as lightning from the heavens). He then goes back to the original Hebrew, all documented, and translates the phrase 'lightning from heaven', and guess how it translates...Barack O'Bama.

www.wnd.com

Dude, I burst out in laughter, I can't bring myself to believe in this translation, does it actually translate to the President?

Freedom of speech unfortunately doesn't extend to private organisations like Youtube, although they would like to be portrayed as an entity that does promote this.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

Vampire defense stations duh! Some of these stations come with a warning bell, plenty of coffins and gravesites and some with a body to keep you warm, hah, vampires don't need warmth. Stained glass to disrupt direct sunlight and a Jesus mantel piece to add an ironic aroma to the station.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strainz

www.wnd.com

Dude, I burst out in laughter, I can't bring myself to believe in this translation, does it actually translate to the President?

Freedom of speech unfortunately doesn't extend to private organisations like Youtube, although they would like to be portrayed as an entity that does promote this.

Ha! It does...it's a really good video. He made another channel and he's uploading all of his content to it, I don't know the channel name. But watch the video...it's hilarious, but damned if it's not really interesting...lol. I don't know what to say...check it out.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by BBobb

well, hopefully this is the beginning of the forced dechristianization of America. it's about time we really drove home the whole separation of church and state!

but really, you don't see anything wrong with religious fundamentalists calling our president "SATAN." what do you think most "christians" would want to do to "Satan?" the worst i ever said about bush was that he was a mass murdering war criminal, but SATAN?! come one, gotta draw the line somewhere.

This is a marxist plot on organized religion.

They hate God and want you to worship at the alter of the state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join