It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ERASERHEAD

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I see this is the, *a mind blown, is a mind shown* thread....

Some good stuff in here.

Des

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

Originally posted by SaulGoodman

.......I think the fact that Mulholland Dr is a puzzle that can be solved makes it better. Not because there's an answer, but because the idea of an answer seems so close, but you might not be able to grasp it, which makes everything much more dream-like/nightmarish.
I'm gonna have to watch it again, real soon. I have seen Mulholand Dr. a few times, but for various reasons, I don't think I've ever given it the full undivided attention that it deserves.

Originally posted by SaulGoodman

Also, there was a typo in my earlier post which I can't fix now. I meant to say that I DIDN'T find Inland Empire very engaging. It's interesting, a little freaky, but it's definitely David Lynch making up stuff as he went along. It's a real mess. It's worth watching at some point, but it's not anything to rush to see.

lol. That does change your review a lil bit.

Just an FYI: Up to you of course, but there is something you can try.

'Dropdown Menu' under your mini-profile, to the left of your post.
If you send an 'Alert' to the Mods, and if you ask nicely, one may fix it for you.

Honestly, I think it may depend on which Mods are online at the time, and whether or not they're busy. It doesn't hurt to try though. I've gotten help that way, a couple times. They probably wouldn't do it for anything & everything, but they sometimes will for the little things that don't really matter that much.

An example of something they probably wouldn't change:
If you and I were in a somewhat heated discussion;
and if I had posted something extremely idiotic;
then you come back the next day and prove just how stupid my post was;
they probably wouldn't help me out lol.
Something like this is different though.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

ALSO
reply to post by Destinyone

Hi,

A DECADE AGO, I BET MY GIRLFRIEND THAT SHE'D BE FREAKED OUT BY ERASERHEAD AND I WAS CORRECT!

She told me to turn it off, and I'd only showed her one small clip!

ONCE SEEN "FOREVER REMEMBERED" YOU (I) CANNOT WIPE IT FROM OUT OF (MY) YOUR HEAD!

ANOTHER MOVIE I WATCHED 20 YEARS AGO THAT STILL GETS ME TO THIS DAY IS... OF COURSE...

"FREAKS" (1932)

HAPPY NIGHTMARES! S&F OP THANKS (NOT)
FOR REMINDING ME (NOT THAT THEY CAN EVER BE FORGOTTEN!).

edit on 19-5-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I've watched hundreds of movies but never seen Eraserhead and don't even have a scooby what it's about. Without looking it up I'm guessing it's from around 1980-82ish because I used to rent a lot of videos back then (I think there was a horror craze on) and Eraserhead would appear in the little trailers at the beginning of them.

I rented all those horrors like Phantasm, Zombies Dawn of the Dead, Zombie Flesh Eaters, Cannibal Holocaust, Spit on Your Grave, Cannibal Ferox, Faces of Death, Basket Case, and all that. So if Eraserhead is a horror and I didn't see it I think it was only because the video rental guy didn't have it.

So it's a horror? Is it any good?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just looked it up and it's from 1977. Well I think probably it came out on video a couple of years later. Did we have vcr's in 1977? Anyway on same page on IMDB is Scanners. I loved that movie.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Hi,

Its not gory just has its own unique "weird creepy atmosphere" and I mean UNIQUE!

YUCK! As far as I can remember, its quite boring. Its about nothing in particular and goes nowhere, but is a weird creepy nightmarish atmosphere/world. Once you've seen it, your mind always retains its creepy essence - your mind can't escape from it even decades later. I may just be unique in this (please let me know wigit if it does the same with you)?

GO HERE - ERASERHEAD

Have fun! Lets see if you can sit through it.

edit on 20-5-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join