It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oetzi the Iceman, Ötzi the Iceman: Latest News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The "ICE Man Cometh" Many years ago a mans body was found in the Alps on the Italian border
This body was melting out of a glacier. He was found by some skiers.
Time has past as this ancient man has been studied by science.
He is famous for setting back the time of copper technology. And having soft tissue intact.
Now this-----

www.mummytombs.com/otzi/news.htm - Similarto Oetzi the Iceman, Ötzi the Iceman: Latest News

This new study provides the most information to date about the iceman's DNA. Two earlier studies analyzed his mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) which provides ...

edit on 5/2/2012 by longjohnbritches because: s2 t

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Hi all
I checked the ATS search and found nothing on this revelation although the release of the study does seen somewhat dated.
It is news to me hope it is news to you.
Cheers ljb

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

That is an awsome synopsis of otzi's findings.
I think that his location was a combination of both theories, his body was intentionally placed near where he died. He was clearly killed in an act of violence, but he did not die alone, this is clearly indicated by the fact that he was found with an unfinished yew wood longbow, and a quiver of used arrow shafts. Whomever left him didn't leave him unprepared for the after life.
Also he had the blood of three? people on his garments, one blood stain was indicative of carrying a wounded individual. His wounds along with the food in his stomach and other evidence show that he was pursued up the mountain to be finally killed on it. His arrow wound was from below and behind just as you would find on some one who was shot from behind while going up hill.
An analysis of his tooth enamel shows that he was born north of the crest of the alps( in Austria) but lived most of his adult life south of the crest( in Italy).
Personally I think that otzi and his people moved into northern Italy from Austria, and were driven out by the newly arriving tribes of Italians or latins. I think that his path up the mountain clearly indicates that he and his companions were fleeing to their " homeland" north of the crest, and this idea would seem to be re- enforced by the finding of the stele in Austria, that seems to show a scene very similar to the situation of his death.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Hi punkin,
Well explained and excellently articulated.
Do you have any experience in forensics?
Do you think that he may have been placed
there as a warning to the Northerners?
Nice contribution.
thanks ljb

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Oops dbl post
edit on 2-5-2012 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Hi
No experience in forensics, beyond lame tv shows, nut I have tried to keep up with otzi and new things about him.
I think he was left by his surviving companions, the fact he was left with an unfinished now and quiver of broken arrows and other items that had value, show he was left ny someone who cared and not by an enemy. An enemy would have stripped the body of all valubles and not left him with the things one would need for the afterlife.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Good analysis but no 'Italians' and 'Latins' that far back! You might get away with proto-Etruscans but even they are thousands of years in the future from the Ice Man, maybe early 'Southern Europeans'
edit on 2/5/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10

Hi
No experience in forensics, beyond lame tv shows, nut I have tried to keep up with otzi and new things about him.
I think he was left by his surviving companions, the fact he was left with an unfinished now and quiver of broken arrows and other items that had value, show he was left ny someone who cared and not by an enemy. An enemy would have stripped the body of all valubles and not left him with the things one would need for the afterlife.

AHsooo
This makes a lot of sense. But wouldn't they want to cover him and hide his gear?
You know so the perps wouldn't find and desecrate his remains.
No Semper Fi here?
Just trying to get a bearing here?
good thoughts punkin ljb
PS the lame shows put stuff on those tables that look much worse than poor old Ice. And he's over 5kyrs old.
edit on 5/2/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Good analysis but no 'Italians' and 'Latins' that far back! You might get away with proto-Etruscans but even they are thousands of years in the future from the Ice Man, maybe early 'Southern Europeans'

Lol,
So he died a proto-Etruscans but was found as Italian.
Luckily he didn't wake up like ---

Encino Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encino_Man - Similarto Encino Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Encino Man, released in Europe as California Man, is a 1992 comedy film directed by Les Mayfield and starring Brendan Fraser, Sean Astin and Pauly Shore.

cheers ljb

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Lol,
So he died a proto-Etruscans but was found as Italian.
Luckily he didn't wake up like ---

Encino Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encino_Man - Similarto Encino Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Encino Man, released in Europe as California Man, is a 1992 comedy film directed by Les Mayfield and starring Brendan Fraser, Sean Astin and Pauly Shore.

cheers ljb

Meh, not that funny, this one was better

Frozen man come back to life

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Hi Hans,
I was using them terms more as a geographic place holder, southern Europeans is a better term. About the time in question there were new peoples arriving in the areafrom the south.
And I saw a documentary about otzi, and they went to the place at the foot of the pass where they think the villiage he lived in was. It had been inhabited, the general area not the vilage, for thousands of years.
It lies just below the snow line, has plenty of water, and a view of the whole valley below.
They also noted that around the time in question, there was a change in culture in the area.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I call hoax his eyes are to round.Also
Human presence in the European Arctic nearly 40000 years ago.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11544525

Sep 6, 2001 ... Human presence in the European Arctic nearly 40000 years ago. Pavlov P, Svendsen JI, Indrelid S. Institute of Language, Literature and ...

Insperation for Jean Auel??

PS when I first came to ATS there was interest in copper.
I think it was your thread.
Does this Icy's ax figure into that realm??

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The team of scientists used an atomic force microscope to investigate thin tissue sections from the wound where the arrow entered Ötzi's back and from the laceration on his right hand. This nanotechnology instrument scans the surface of the tissue sections using a very fine probe. As the probe moves over the surface, sensors measure every tiny deflection of the probe, line by line and point by point, building up a three-dimensional image of the surface. What emerged was an image of red blood cells with the classic "doughnut shape," exactly as we find them in healthy people today. "To be absolutely sure that we were not dealing with pollen, bacteria or even a negative imprint of a blood cell, but indeed with actual blood cells, we used a second analytical method, the so-called Raman spectroscopy method," report Marek Janko and Robert Stark, who, with Albert Zink, are also members of the Center for NanoSciences in Munich. In Raman spectroscopy the tissue sample is illuminated by a laser beam and analysis of the spectrum of the scattered light allows one to identify various molecules.

According to the scientists, the images derived from this process corresponded to present-day samples of human blood. Whilst examining the wound at the point where the arrow entered the body, the team of scientists also identified fibrin, a protein involved in the clotting of blood. "Because fibrin is present in fresh wounds and then degrades, the theory that Ötzi died some days after he had been injured by the arrow, as had once been mooted, can no longer be upheld," explains Albert Zink.

source

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

I call hoax his eyes are to round.Also
Human presence in the European Arctic nearly 40000 years ago.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11544525

Sep 6, 2001 ... Human presence in the European Arctic nearly 40000 years ago. Pavlov P, Svendsen JI, Indrelid S. Institute of Language, Literature and ...

Insperation for Jean Auel??

PS when I first came to ATS there was interest in copper.
I think it was your thread.
Does this Icy's ax figure into that realm??

Yes his axe is one of the earliest, the Vinča culture was smelting copper in the Balkans about 2,000 years before Oetzi picked his axe up at the early form of walmart.

The fact the axe was with him, and its great value, tends me to think his 'burial' was unarranged

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

We may just have to arrange a group of ATS'er dressed like the boat crew DOCTORS in "One Flew Over The Cookoo Nest."
We could ask to examine the site and remains. Then we could report back here with the real skinny.
They do have cookoos up there don't they.
Are you saying copper axes are found dating back to 7k in the Balkans??
thats cool Linky please.
cheers ljb
PS

Perhaps arranged like this minus the trees lol
Tree and Scaffold Burial
www.nanations.com/burialcustoms/scaffold_burial.htm - Similarto Tree and Scaffold Burial

"Their manner of burial has always been (until recently) to inclose the dead body ... elevated about eight feet from the ground by four notched poles, which were ... to that used by the Navajo and other Indians of the southern plains, and upon a ...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oetzi had beaten them to it with, around 57, rather more tasteful, carbon tattoos consisting of dots and lines.

www.independent.co.uk...

the reason they cant find his relatives in the area is because he is not from there.
I saw those dot and line tats in the original documentary on tv.
the tats are Iching and acupuncture spots:
the I ching is the oldest book in the world.
this dude was from the orient

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

The team of scientists used an atomic force microscope to investigate thin tissue sections from the wound where the arrow entered Ötzi's back and from the laceration on his right hand. In Raman spectroscopy the tissue sample is illuminated by a laser beam and analysis of the spectrum of the scattered light allows one to identify various molecules.

According to the scientists, the images derived from this process corresponded to present-day samples of human blood. Whilst examining the wound at the point where the arrow entered the body, the team of scientists also identified fibrin, a protein involved in the clotting of blood. "Because fibrin is present in fresh wounds and then degrades, the theory that Ötzi died some days after he had been injured by the arrow, as had once been mooted, can no longer be upheld," explains Albert Zink.

source

Hi ifo,
Great stuff,
This is the kind of stuff that makes me happy to be in this forum.
I have just composed a reply partially to punkin but would you have a look and see if it fits the wound analyses.
edit on 5/2/2012 by longjohnbritches because: sp

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Oetzi had beaten them to it with, around 57, rather more tasteful, carbon tattoos consisting of dots and lines.

www.independent.co.uk...

the reason they cant find his relatives in the area is because he is not from there.
I saw those dot and line tats in the original documentary on tv.
the tats are Iching and acupuncture spots:
the I ching is the oldest book in the world.
this dude was from the orient

Hi dan
Do the tats give an idea where he came from back east?
He would be tall for Chineese?
Mongolian perhaps?
ljb
PS the DNA stuff is good in the article and newer than the OP I take it?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Early smelting

Vinca copper smelting

I believe this is an image of a Vinca styled copper axe, but it is younger that the Iceman's

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well do you guys think punkin was right about the possibility of this dude being a special forces scout?
The knife was said to have four different blood types.
Surgeon?lol
cheers ljb

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join