It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why would hijackers crash planes into the twin towers anyway?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
White house and the statue of Libery, plus maybe the golden gate bridge. Would have been much better targets.
IMO.
I can see what the OP says, why the towers? Guess we will never know the truth of the matter. How about all those documents, they said were in bin ladins compound? Didnt none of them have any info in them? After all it was their greatest attack, surely bin ladin and gang were bragging about that?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Anyone with any sense would have targeted military complexes.

Just like the 1993 bombing, 9/11 was a false flag attack.

So then why do terrorists blow up buses, airplanes, markets, churches, mosques, etc?

To cause terror.

They did strike a military complex: The Pentagon.

It was symbolic. WTC was the center of western capitol currency. Pentagon: Military complex. The main picture? KILL Americans. And no, it was not a false flag.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
To kill as many ego parasitic capitalist as possible. The corperations creates enviromental disaster and helping islamic dictatorships and creating wars all over the world so the target is perfecly logical from my point of view. Im not for violence but I am not sheding any tears either. Karma is a bitch so if you do not wanna get trampled by it make sure your actions and the actions of the people you are close to are not parasitic in nature. From my point of view the US poleticians vs Islamic fundamentalist there is no heros. Only smalminded unelightened humans killing each other and the inocent and the not so inocent getting hurt.

...and yet the truthers have the gall to conjure up all these sinister secret plots of controlled demolitions, lasers from outer space, or whatever, as the reason for why the attack occurred. You truthers want to know how the 9/11 attack happened? Here it is, right in front of you. There really and truly people out there who are able to trivialize the killing of innocent people, and dehumanize a guy trying to support his family and paying the mortgage into a "ego parasitic capitalist". It's easy to commit murder, once murderers rationalize to themselves that the ones they're murder are really just objects rather than human beings.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
White house and the statue of Libery, plus maybe the golden gate bridge. Would have been much better targets.
IMO.
I can see what the OP says, why the towers? Guess we will never know the truth of the matter. How about all those documents, they said were in bin ladins compound? Didnt none of them have any info in them? After all it was their greatest attack, surely bin ladin and gang were bragging about that?

Dunno about that, but an Al Qaida agent was arrested in Vienna the other day who was carrying flash drives with loads of Al Qaida documents. They showed once and for all that al Qaida was in fact the ones reponsible for the 7/7 attack in London. It turned out the subway was one of three potential targets but the subway was chosen because it required less explosives.

That puts the ridiculous claim that Bin Laden and his Al Qaida bunch were just "innocent illiterate goat herders living in caves" to bed, right there.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Plus, they HAVE laucnhed large scale coordinated attacks involving the coordination of large numbers of people (I.E. the Rome and Vienna airport attacks).

That's not the greatest example to use. This consisted of 7 guys with assault rifles & grenades just walking into airports and blowing people up. Not much coordinating needed to accomplish this.

Sooner or later it had to have dawned on them to try and pull off a caper that would combine all of these features, which means an attack like this was going to happen somewhere, regardless. A different choice in the planning along the way would only mean innocent people were going to be killed somewhere else.

Do you think Al-Qaeda knew about the 9/11 military-FAA-NORAD exercises that took place? I find it way too ironic that these "hijackings" occurred in the midst of military and FAA terrorism-related exercises. Let's be honest, if what happened on 9/11 took place on a day without those drills, none of this would have been possible. Without the confusion between the FAA,NORAD & the military those planes would have been shot down. Now I'm not saying everyone in the government was in on this, but whoever "hijacked" those planes had to have known. This doesn't necessarily mean it was an inside job either, but it's definitely a question I haven't heard asked before.

Just read this. It really shows how much confusion there was between what was going on in the drills and what was really happening. This is what really has broken me from the whole "everyone was in on it" mentality. Whoever commandeered those planes had the timing down pat.

BOSTON CENTER: Hi. Boston Center T.M.U. [Traffic Management Unit], we have a problem here. We have a hijacked aircraft headed towards New York, and we need you guys to, we need someone to scramble some F-16s or something up there, help us out.

POWELL: Is this real-world or exercise? BOSTON CENTER: No, this is not an exercise, not a test.

Powell's question—"Is this real-world or exercise?"—is heard nearly verbatim over and over on the tapes as troops funnel onto the ops floor and are briefed about the hijacking. Powell, like almost everyone in the room, first assumes the phone call is from the simulations team on hand to send "inputs"—simulated scenarios—into play for the day's training exercise.

9/11 Live: The NORAD Tapes
edit on 2-5-2012 by homervb because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by homervb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by homervb
That's not the greatest example to use. This consisted of 7 guys with assault rifles & grenades just walking into airports and blowing people up. Not much coordinating needed to accomplish this.

All right then, would you prefer instead the example of the Dawson's Field hijacking where FIVE aircraft were simultaneously hijacked by the PLFP back in 1970 and three of them were brought to the same airstrip in Jordan and blown up? For every example you attempt to dismiss, there's another example right behind it that still supports the point that large scale operations by Islamic fundamentalists like this aren't anything new. It's just new to you.

Just read this. It really shows how much confusion there was between what was going on in the drills and what was really happening. This is what really has broken me from the whole "everyone was in on it" mentality. Whoever commandeered those planes had the timing down pat.

I did read it and this article doesn't even remotely say what you're claiming it says. For one thing it was an exercise to intercept Russian bombers coming from overseas, not an exercise to simulate a terrorist hijacking. For another, it said right in the article that as soon as they said "this is not an exercise. Thsi is real world" any confusion between the training exercise and the attack was instantly gone. From your own article the confusion was from grasping with having an unknown number of aircraft being hijacked that were heading to unknown destinations which would have happened regardless. For yet another, the confusion wasn't even caused by "the hijackers knowing there was a drill" but from their simply tirning the transponder off which made them a blip in a screen of 3,000 blips, which also would have occurred regardless-

"In order to find a hijacked airliner—or any airplane—military controllers need either the plane's beacon code (broadcast from an electronic transponder on board) or the plane's exact coordinates. When the hijackers on American 11 turned the beacon off, intentionally losing themselves in the dense sea of airplanes already flying over the U.S. that morning (a tactic that would be repeated, with some variations, on all the hijacked flights), the neads controllers were at a loss.

"You would see thousands of green blips on your scope," Nasypany told me, "and now you have to pick and choose. Which is the bad guy out there? Which is the hijacked aircraft? And without that information from F.A.A., it's a needle in a haystack."

It seems to me this whole bit about hyping up the drills is just a conspiracy monger red herring meant to sow "isn't THAT interesting (wink wink) innuendo of impropriety without actually coming out and saying it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by psikeyhackr

How can you analyze what happened without distribution of steel and concrete information?

You are way off topic.

So you can select one sentence out of a post. I AM impressed.

psik

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Insolubrious

Can you think of any logical reason behind the idea EXCEPT to bring the towers down?

They are homicidal maniacs. Logic and reason doesn't matter. Think about Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy. They had their motivations, but they were not rooted in logic and reason.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

All right then, would you prefer instead the example of the Dawson's Field hijacking where FIVE aircraft were simultaneously hijacked by the PLFP back in 1970 and three of them were brought to the same airstrip in Jordan and blown up? For every example you attempt to dismiss, there's another example right behind it that still supports the point that large scale operations by Islamic fundamentalists like this aren't anything new. It's just new to you.

I did read it and this article doesn't even remotely say what you're claiming it says. For one thing it was an exercise to intercept Russian bombers coming from overseas, not an exercise to simulate a terrorist hijacking. For another, it said right in the article that as soon as they said "this is not an exercise. Thsi is real world" any confusion between the training exercise and the attack was instantly gone.

So, you're telling me that I pointed out that these exercises caused confusion, I then provided a very long article describing how confused they were...and you managed to completely interpret the article as "everything's all good"? Really? Wow dude. You are one fine scholar my friend.

1st of all my intentions on posting that were to show how confused everyone in the FAA,NORAD,military. This is no ridiculous jumping to conclusions, this is fact. And because they were confused, CONSPIRACY OR NOT, it was hard for them to react.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by homervb

1st of all my intentions on posting that were to show how confused everyone in the FAA,NORAD,military. This is no ridiculous jumping to conclusions, this is fact. And because they were confused, CONSPIRACY OR NOT, it was hard for them to react.

"Is this real world or is this exercise"?
"Real world"
Confusion over.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

"...unless, of course, the intent was to bring the two towers down."
Well duh (of course, they had a little help with the demolition charges planted the weekend before).

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Misdirection my friend... Look over here at all the fire and death while we blow up building #7 to cover a trillion dollar scandal. That wasn't the only reason. Forcing us to accept the patriot act out of fear was another reason. If you ask me the whole thing reeks of military tactics. I doubt a bunch of guys in a cave could orchestrate and carry out one of the most efficent/deadly terrorist attacks ever. A foreign military attacked us that day not a bunch of goat herders. The part that pisses me off is I KNOW there were people in our government that let it happen to cover there own @$$.

GoodOlDave or Hooper will be along shortly to give you "The official report" rundown.

Haha your already here GoodOlDave... Figured as much since your payed to be here.
edit on 2-5-2012 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

GoodOlDave or Hooper will be along shortly to give you "The official report" rundown

We prefer to think of it as reality. You know, what actually goes on in the real world. Stuff like - not everyone that lives in the Middle East is a goat herding cave dweller. But that's your fantasy.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1
reply to post by apushforenlightment

That is one sick post. So all those who died in the Towers were "ego parasitic capitalists " who got what was coming to them ? !!!!!!!!! You need help.

Yeeh you are right, in a way I am very sick from stupid conditioning from dualistic smallminded humans. I need to get away from the stupid systems that have been created and of course that is not allowed by the same stupid systems. The only thing that is allowed to succed in this world is the ego parasitic powersystems by poleticians and corperations. Where you are a wageslave paying a morgage if you are playing by the rules.

But from my point of view if we do not grow up soon and take responsability we deserve whatever is comming to ous. If humanity cannot evolve to the next stage then we will die out. I feel that is a shame because we have a lot of potential. What has happened and what will happen just is. I can feel sad for specific individuals that are left behind and cannot understand what is going on around them. But every group creates their karma also so be sure you want to be in a specific group and can stand for what the group does. Even countries have karma and the US/corperations might wanna examine the hate they are seeding. Who shall I mourn the people who have a choice to be in a group by their free will for money or innocent people and nature that suffers for their action? Choosing to be ignorant have never been a valid defense.

Everything is connected on this planet. The crap that is caused in another country comes back in the end. Now the US are best buddies with fundamental Islamists again in Libya and Syria, Egypt. It really is a screwed up world and United States do not make it better with their actions even if they now are removing 2 dictators that will probably be replaced by a likewise oppresive regime (or at least I think there will be blowback). United states are playing with fire and complain when you get burnt.

Understand it from my view if you want too. Death is only a release from a biological machine. It will probably hurt like hell when it happens but that is temporary. The people who died are proably already reborn or playing around in heaven in constant connected blissfull harmony. Being free from dualistic views/mind will be nice also. I will pay the karma for all my actions even that post if there is one. Always have, always will.
edit on 2-5-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So, you're telling me that I pointed out that these exercises caused confusion, I then provided a very long article describing how confused they were...and you managed to completely interpret the article as "everything's all good"? Really? Wow dude. You are one fine scholar my friend.

I'm not "interpreting" anything, I'm going by your own very words. Namely, these words, which I am cutting and pasting verbatim:

"Do you think Al-Qaeda knew about the 9/11 military-FAA-NORAD exercises that took place? I find it way too ironic that these "hijackings" occurred in the midst of military and FAA terrorism-related exercises. Let's be honest, if what happened on 9/11 took place on a day without those drills, none of this would have been possible. Without the confusion between the FAA,NORAD & the military those planes would have been shot down."

I have shown...and in fact your own link has shown...that there really wasn't any confusion of any significance due to the training exercise as you're trying to alude to. The confusion was from the inability to find the hijacked aircraft among the 3000 other blips on the screen compounded by not knowing how many planes were being hijacked and where they were heading, which would have still occurred regardless of whether or not there were these exercises. PLUS, at least one building would still have been whacked even if they did find them because the procedures at first were to call for shadowing hijacked planes, not shoot them down. I'm quoting your own link when I say this whole bit about the exercises had no real impact one way or the other, and therefore is nothing but a red herring meant to introduce innuendo of impropriety.

I'm not saying things couldn't have gone more smoothly or that people in authority aren't tryign to cover up their slipping on banana peels and tripping over their own shadows, but that doesn't give anyone the right to poison the well with this unnecessary abject paranoia, either.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by JAY1980

GoodOlDave or Hooper will be along shortly to give you "The official report" rundown

We prefer to think of it as reality. You know, what actually goes on in the real world. Stuff like - not everyone that lives in the Middle East is a goat herding cave dweller. But that's your fantasy.

Oooh snap! Your both here... Is that MSM/Official report reality you speak of? Sorry don't buy it... I'm fully aware the middle east isn't just goat herders. But our government wants us to believe that these people from one of the most war torn regions in the world were able to do it with no outside help. Not to mention it was carried out with military effectivness. But I know i'm the one in LaLa land because I question the "official story".

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
To kill as many ego parasitic capitalist as possible. The corperations creates enviromental disaster and helping islamic dictatorships and creating wars all over the world so the target is perfecly logical from my point of view. Im not for violence but I am not sheding any tears either. Karma is a bitch so if you do not wanna get trampled by it make sure your actions and the actions of the people you are close to are not parasitic in nature. From my point of view the US poleticians vs Islamic fundamentalist there is no heros. Only smalminded unelightened humans killing each other and the inocent and the not so inocent getting hurt.

...and yet the truthers have the gall to conjure up all these sinister secret plots of controlled demolitions, lasers from outer space, or whatever, as the reason for why the attack occurred. You truthers want to know how the 9/11 attack happened? Here it is, right in front of you. There really and truly people out there who are able to trivialize the killing of innocent people, and dehumanize a guy trying to support his family and paying the mortgage into a "ego parasitic capitalist". It's easy to commit murder, once murderers rationalize to themselves that the ones they're murder are really just objects rather than human beings.

Yeep you are completly right that I should if I was totaly extreamly empathic towards all humans then I would have care for these peoples lifes and what they left behind. It is a shame that I have lived a life where I have experianced things that make me less empathetic to humans. Humans have become something unnatural/synthetic for me. I see a big part of the human race as half-insane/half-depressed pill eaters that have totaly lost their way.

I will not make any violence in my life and have in my life been a total pacifist that have made life difficult for me. Enviroment creates these duality notions (objectifying/rejecting other groups of people that are not in your group) and they are quite logical due to the input from society and Television. If you want things to be more harmonious then remove the reason for the hate. Remove the suffering from war that your corperations make money on and stop poking the anthill that is the middle east. But these are just my views and I can be totaly wrong. What will happen will happen. See you on the flipside and thank you for questioning my empathetic side/ego. It gave me an extra push to question my motives and thoughts again.

But sometimes duality is to fun to play around with. That is probably why humanity is as screwed up as it is.
edit on 2-5-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by homervb

"Is this real world or is this exercise"?
"Real world"
Confusion over.

Yes. But you're also forgetting that fake blips were added to screens to be used in the military drill. The blips caused even more confusion then you'd like to believe. The blips were given false identities on the radar screens causing even more of a problem in trying to Identify which plane was which. Also, because of these drills and simulations, most of the Northeast fighter jets were being used in this drill which really brought down the response time

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

In the book "THE LOOMING TOWERS" by Lawrence Wright descibes ideology of Bin Laden and radical
jihadists

Targets were choosen for symbolic value, both to US and to radicals jihadists

WTC was described as "Tower of Jews" or "Jews Tower" - its represented money and finance

The Pentagon was described as the Tower of War and represented US military power

The last preseumed target ( United 93) was the US Capitol - Tower of Law representing US government

Why use aircraft ? The 1st attack on WTC on Feb 26 1993 used a 1500 lb truck bomb detonated in B2 level
parking garage

It blasted a crater through several levels of the WTC - yet represented a failure in terms of casulties (6 dead,
1000 injured, mainly by smoke inhalation while evacuating)

The intended result was to topple one building into another inflicting tens of thousands of deaths

Aircraft were choosen because of the greater level of destruction a fully fueled aircraft hitting the building at
500 mph would inflict

Refer to "AMERICA'S SECRET WAR" by Statfor intelligence service creator Dr George Friedman who outlines
reason why aircraft were used and why selected these types and times for attack

Only one who seemed to understand what was to happened was Rick Rescorla, security director at Morgan
Stanley which offices in South tower and across the complex in WTC 7.

After 1993 attack Rescorla made of study of the attack and with an army buddy mapped out probable
scenario using aircraft

Following 1993 attack parking garages were secured and attack demonstrated that truck bomb would be
insufficent to destroy the buildings

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Wait, everybody calm the f down!
There are actually people on ATS that don't believe it was an inside job?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join