It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 Kiloton German Hydrogen Bomb Goes Missing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Nuclear weapons have a particular shelf-life, after which they must be refurbished or decommissioned. Usually, the shelf life is less than 30 years, most often closer to 20. The shelf life is dependent upon the model.

If this device is similar to the B-61-7 (which Germany could have gotten a hold of) then it has likely passed its shelf life (20 years). The last US newly-manufactured nuclear weapons were produced before the end of the Cold War in 1991.

Refurbishment of US nukes is done exclusively in the US and so this device is unlikely to have been refurbished & returned to Germany, so if the article has any truth in it, the device would probably not function correctly now.

If the bomb is a B-61, their max yield is 340 kilotons (on some you could "dial-down" the required yield), not 500.

edit on 2/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Hasn't the buzz been that there will be a false flag in Chicago at the NATO conference? A 500kt H2 weapon? I wonder if it is just a LID cake coating or did they use cobalt? That would determine the effective blast radius. Cobalt on LID is much worse. Leaving the harbor at 7.5 knots doesn't mean a lot, that's just fast taxiing.

So if the sub went missing last week, call it 10 days ago actually leaving port, how long would it take for the sub to cross the Atlantic, shoot up the St Lawrence River, then Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and finally cruise down Lake Michigan to its target?

Just a supposition of course, but I think a rational one considering that motive, opportunity and ability are all present along with US/NSA/etc involvement.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/2.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Didn't the Aliens steal that sub? I think John Kettler mention such an event

johnkettler.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hey, you guys can't have it back. Sorry, but it makes a mighty fine coffee table, and it deters unwanted guests. I promise to dust it off weekly, which is more attention than it was getting before. Won't let the dog chew on the detonator, and I'll even keep the doors locked before I go to work. Its in safe hands, trust me!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

'Tsar Bomba' is a 50 megaton bomb. The hydrogen bomb in question here is 500 kilotons, or 1/100th the power of the Tsar Bomba. By all measures, this is a small bomb - but still big enough to cause a WHOLE LOT of damage.

By all measures it's not a small bomb. The ones dropped in Japan were only somewheres between 10-18 kilotons and they leveled an entire city.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I see this as being a hoax but then would we know?
Now lets say it`s real and what it could be all about.

Iran made a threat it can park a ship 3 miles off our coast. Think it was New York but not sure.

So if true see you New York then would have been see you Iran when the US strikes back, but now with this info that Israel could have this going on they need to reconsider such action due to they may not pull it off like Iran did it so well.

Good plan destroyed by a hoaxed internet story.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a 500KT bomb has gone missing on a submarine?

Ummm isnt this pretty significantly BAD>?

why am i getting flashbacks of the nukes being loaded onto planes in the US
edit on 2-5-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
500KT, Would that rip a hole in our dimension? daym. Good thing it was taken out of NWO control.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Sounds Spooky.

Maybe not missing, but where we can't see it.

Spectre Lives?
S&F

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

First word that came to mind was...NWO. Most if not all western countries are in it....this bomb will be used to "simulate" an other Fukushima tsunami or some other terrible "accident" or "natural" event which will have dyer consequences for nature....and us.
edit on 2/5/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

yep and we might see it in 18 days in chicago.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well this isn't good.....

Israel to take delivery of 4th German submarine
By YAAKOV KATZ
05/02/2012 21:12
Defense delegation arrives in Germany ahead of delivery of Dolphin-class sub, rumored to be capable of carrying nukes.

www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=268439

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hoax....Not hoax...what the heck is the average joe (aka...me) supposed to think then?!

It's just another reason why I'm eternally grateful to have been born way down here away from the majority of the crazies than run the planet and spread fear, just for the heck of it, it seems.

We wont see you mob running like rats from a flood, until you've totally destroyed your half of the planet and then you'll want to share what's left, I might not be such a nice person then. Make that bed and sleep in it.

Sorry, cranky today

peace love and all that rubbish...........!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
hmmmm a big bomb goes missing...

archives been stolen...

hmmmmmmmmmm and the Olympics is right around the corner or even ww3?

but maybe the chines built underground passages to germany to get it =]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm surprisd no one has suggested the obvious: The sub went to the secret Nazi base in Anartcica where the bomb was put aboard a secret Nazi UFO and flown to the secret Nazi base on the far side o the moon.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If losing track of Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma City in a sting gone bad can be called screwing the pooch to an extreme....This turned the poor little guy into dog food.

Are they kidding? Really? They dealt an operational and intact Hydrogen Bomb off to someone and then LOST TRACK of it???

You know the only friggen comfort that I've EVER had that a nuclear weapon would never be used rogue is the fact that they all carry signatures within signatures for various things that tell experts with the billion dollar gizmos just who made it and where it came from. Detonated or not. ...Knowing that, no one would ever peddle one to some AQ nut job.

Oh, c'mon, tell me this is a hoax.... It's B.S... There has to be another explanation. This puts a very serious weapon capable of starting wars into the open ....nothingness.... and with absolutely no accountability back to who supplied it to whoever the heck has it?!

Tom Clancy wrote a book like this once, and the movie sucked. The book was sure an interesting read as fiction. I'm feeling physically ill right now, reading it as possible fact. Can someone at least tell me there is no passage wide and deep enough for a submarine to transit the lakes all the way to Chicago?? I was kidding in another thread about an Aegis cruiser showing up off Chicago. Could ANY submarine actually get there without being detected 100 times?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I am confused, so is germany selling this to someone, or is it germany itself? How with all the technology we have that we know of and don't know of can this happen?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Two arguments that I am hearing, however, don't make much sense to me, and also conflict. The first is, and I'm paraphrasing here, "This must be a hoax because no other sources are reporting this story." The other is "This must be a hoax because if it happened, they wouldn't let the story out." On the surface, both of those arguments seem reasonable, but are obviously in conflict with each other. We can't have it both ways.

These are sure the days when trust in Government wouldn't just be nice, it would make all the difference in the world. It's a terrible thing that we have absolutely no reason to maintain trust in what ours says anymore. Even the truth in this situation will take sourcing or just the sheer passage of time without a big mushroom to prove. Oh 2012 really isn't being a nice year. Not at all.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Lets try to keep this thread alive. I'm hoping like hell its a hoax. Lets keep it going until we know for sure one way or another. Personally, I don't like the feel of this...

NF

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The Clock is ticking for the next Mega Disaster - this will be a real time bomb!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join