It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 Kiloton German Hydrogen Bomb Goes Missing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
With all the drills and security being run in Chicago and the recent announcement from the President concerning the withdrawal from Afgan, it seems perfect timing for an attack on the summit from a terrorist group.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is just not true, in my opinion.

Submarines do not just go "missing" with hardcore munitions tucked inside. You sure as hell wouldn't know about it in the news, if it did actually happen.

"Hay gais, by the way we lost a submarine. Just thought the world should know about it, maybe fisherman can keep their eyes open? Okay, it's dinner time. Kthxbai."

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There is a lot of good thinking here as to why this story could be a hoax. Thanks, we need to consider that possibility.

Two arguments that I am hearing, however, don't make much sense to me, and also conflict. The first is, and I'm paraphrasing here, "This must be a hoax because no other sources are reporting this story." The other is "This must be a hoax because if it happened, they wouldn't let the story out."

On the surface, both of those arguments seem reasonable, but are obviously in conflict with each other. We can't have it both ways.
edit on 5/2/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

Edit: My thinking is that "if" this is true, it didn't happen accidentally. And there is definitiely some misinformation around the types and purpose of the aircraft mentioned and the absurd idea of a lack of tracking on the device.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
werent the Germans supposed to be building new dolphin class subs for the Israelis but the order was delayed? perhaps the Israelis got a deal sweetener from Germany and the Germans threw in a hydrogen bomb to compensate for their normally orderly and on time delivery scheduled?source looks interesting to say the least but id figured that a vetrans magazine would try to be more well grounded in reality can any one confirm this?
edit on 2-5-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
There is a lot of good thinking here as to why this story could be a hoax. Thanks, we need to consider that possibility.

Two arguments that I am hearing, however, don't make much sense to me, and also conflict. The first is, and I'm paraphrasing here, "This must be a hoax because no other sources are reporting this story." The other is "This must be a hoax because if it happened, they wouldn't let the story out."

On the surface, both of those arguments seem reasonable, but are obviously in conflict with each other. We can't have it both ways.

Edit: My thinking is that "if" this is true, it didn't happen accidentally. And there is definitiely some misinformation around the types and purpose of the aircraft mentioned and the absurd idea of a lack of tracking on the device.

What about 3 (as I referenced on pg 1) none of this makes sense with known information.

The Germans don't have nukes...(they can "borrow" B61 AIRCRAFT delivered weapons from the US under certain NATO provisions. Those are dropped by aircraft not fired by subs. They also arent 500kt. You are also assuming that the weapon has the Permissive Action Links to arm the weapon, highly unlikely to the point of impossible).

E3s don't track nukes or subs, and the numbers the UK has was wrong in the article.

There are probably easier ways to get a nuke then steal it from an Allied Air Base, drive it through Germany to put on a SUB which can avoid the E3s searching for them because the are currently grounded, even though they aren't used to hunt subs or nukes. Oh, because ET/ED told them too????? Couldn't ET just give them a nuke, or something better......

The only true part is the Germans are building dolphin class subs for the Isreali's. I find the irony in that humourus. "Das Juden U Boote" RIIIIGGGHHHTTTTTT.

HOAX....

Think people.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I read on some of the same threads that is was a Russian nuke, point 5 megaton (500 kiloton) had been "refreshed" and was loaded on the Dolphin. The E-3's were grounded at the time due to mechanical malfunctions of all 8 at the same time. I will try to verify, but I believe the British E-3's were capable of tracking subs. They also have older British craft that track subs like the British Aerospace Nimrods. IDK, sounds fishy,NPI.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Wow. We're supposed to be critical thinkers here at ATS. But once again, a very suspicious, entirely unsubstantiated internet piece comes out and people entirely ignore the objective rebuttals. Several posts have pointed out the obvious and people just skip right by them as if they were never there. What gives people? Let's have some credibility, shall we? At the very least:

> There is NO independent, corroborating source for the story

> The aircraft mentioned and pictured are NOT sub hunters.

The story smells like month-old fish.

Maybe you should read THIS. I am aware that I can not show you the official government reports about the missing or lost nukes....but...what do make of it?

edit on 2/5/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Um, oh dang.

Did they check the sofa cussions?

Seriously, this would leave a mark!

Indeed

They need to check their sofa king subs

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Raw Reports

A nuclear weapon that wasn’t supposed to exist, a single 500 kiloton hydrogen bomb, one of four being tracked, was seen being loaded at the German port of Bemerhaven, Germany. The groups assisting in what we were informed was a counter-terrorism surveillance operation were the American NSA, British MI 6, the Office of Naval Intelligence and the British Royal Navy.
The “device” was loaded onto a Germany built “Dolphin” submarine and left the harbour doing 7.5 knots.
The submarine disappeared while being tracked by every sophisticated device NATO seems to be able to own or borrow.

Weapons of this type are generally located through use of specialized aircraft, in this case, the Boeing Sentinal E3D. These are highly modified 707 aircraft. The British have 7 of these operating out of RAF Waddington. They were placed on “mechanical fault standown” on April 14. Who would have thought all these planes were preparing to discombobulate?

It seems Germany is giving these things out as party favors, sub included. Hope this does not end badly.

I have a hard time believing this story, and let me explain.
I'm going to use the below photo of the GPS satellites as an example.

Our navy has the ability to transmit a signal through the Earth to another satellite on the opposite side. That receiving satellite then returns a signal to that same satellite. In doing so, it can make an image of the sea and surrounding structures. Additionally, by using several satellites, we can get a 3-D image of any object in the sea.
If this Dolphin ever existed at all, it was never "lost".

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

I mostly agree, and if you put "lost" in quotes to inply that if it is lost, someone high up wants it that way, than we are on the exact same page.
edit on 5/2/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: tpyo

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There is NOTHING about this incident on the german news. Not a word.

I don´t know if I believe in that story.
Well.. here´s a quote of a comment from Kevin Allis:

"The NAZI's would never have tolerated such blatant incompetence. lulzz...."

Someone else is pointing out, that Chicago is under lockdown and there are missiles on the roofs of the houses in London? False Flag?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Tsar Bombs are just insanely powerful. That site was cool..... or at least as cool as a nuclear detonation website can be. Truly frightening the damage they deal.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

I mostly agree, and if you put "lost" in quotes to inply that if it is lost, someone high up wants it that way, than we are on the exact same page.
edit on 5/2/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: tpyo

Same page brother, same page.

PS
Like the "cigar."

SnF

edit on 2-5-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well if it get activated. It was nice knowing you all. I had a great time.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
"such things do not get lost" - seriously?

+ kursk + suitcases...

edit on 2-5-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

And there is definitiely some misinformation around the types and purpose of the aircraft mentioned and the absurd idea of a lack of tracking on the device.

Uh oh...
www.google.com...
Its not lost. Israel has it. So yah, its lost. Might show up again one day though.

And generally...
Missing Nukes

edit on 2-5-2012 by intrptr because: link

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I don't question the fact/possibility that we've 'lost' nukes in the past. We know there are a couple lying in the mud off the coast of GA. That has NOTHING to do with this story. This is saying someone in Germany had a hydrogen bomb that they don't have, loaded it on a sub in clear view of someone who could identify it as such, under the watchful collective eye of multiple allied intelligence services and then just meandered away underwater...

Plus as an added 'Red Herring' mention is made of the UK's alleged grounded airborne C3 assets which have little to do with tracking a sub. This story is ridiculous and people just seem to refuse to be willing to see it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Stealthy diesel subs?

Hard-to-detect submarines — such as quiet, diesel-electric boats — are particularly vexing, Navy officials say. Although the Navy has the world’s most technologically advanced fleet — including state-of-the-art nuclear attack submarines — officials acknowledge that these comparatively low-tech diesel-electric boats could give an enemy an asymmetric advantage. “The beauty about a diesel submarine is that it has the potential to be far quieter than a nuclear submarine,” says Guy Stitt, president of AMI International, a Bremerton, Wash.-based company specializing in naval market analysis.

It's not lost, it just got away.

...modern-day diesel submarines are not as easily heard, particularly in regions of the seas where biological life and merchant shipping can camouflage their acoustic signatures. It is there, in the noisy waters of the littorals, where detecting submarines can be a cat-and-mouse game, Navy officials say.

Like in a busy harbor, say?

Diesel Subs

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Should we take this as confirmation of an impending nuclear war?

I hope not. The last thing this world needs is WW3...if that happens, then everyone better kiss their lives goodbye. Anyone not killed in initial fallouts will be warped or destroyed by resulting radiation.

Can't ANYONE get along?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It's like watching a movie where they show a gun in the first few scenes. It could be sitting on a desk, or hanging on a wall. The one thing you know as a viewer is that at some point in the movie that gun will be used.

But as many have said on this thread, the 500 kiloton didn't just get lost without someone in an influential position wanting it to get lost.

Edit:

Originally posted by Starchild23
Can't ANYONE get along?

Um, no. Apparently not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join