It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Burma: New World Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It seems great that Burma is becoming more accessible and more modern, with a seemless transition to full democracy on the agenda. However, I now realise that this new Burma serves another purpose, acting as another small step towards a New World Order.

Burma is part of a collaborative 'free trade' zone known as ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations: a Southeast Asian version of the EU and NAFTA). Now that Burma has become more democratic, we should expect to see much more tourism to this country in particular, and to Southeast Asia in general. Additionally, as soon as Burma's foreign investment law is approved, we should expect to see lots of foreign companies set up bases in Burma.

So far all of this sounds good right? Well, up to a point, yes! I am pleased that Burma is moving forward, and I am pleased that Burma will attract more tourists and revenue. The problem I have is this: Maunu Von Lueders, Regional Vice President of Asia Pacific at the International Air Transport Association (IATA), is already talking about such tourists having a single visa to visit each part of ASEAN, to make tourism happen more easily!

They make it sound so good, these NWO cronies! More money, more investment, more tourists! Where have we seen this happen before? Europe of course, where national identity has been systematically corroded in each country due to 'freedom of movement'.

What is next for ASEAN? A single currency? A single government? A single army? Absorption into the EU? You see where this is going! This is another small step, albeit a cleverly disguised one, to a world in which THE FEW CONTROL THE MANY.

You can see a good video with all this information here: news.bbc.co.uk...

Also, check out this VERY spooky video:

edit on 2-5-2012 by chemistry because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

First of all it is Myanmar.

Second, it is hardly more democratic. Perhaps they have signaled some level of increasing openness, but merely by allowing Suu Kyi's party to occupy some parliamentary seat does not make them more democratic.There already were other opposition members in parliament, and even with those the combined seat are nowhere near enough to enact any constitutional changes which require a 75% majority.

Third, I am not sure what you know about south-east Asian politics, but the chance of any political union between ASEAN countries is 0. China is the dominant player in these parts (writing from Jakarta), and nobody makes significant moves without an eye to what the reaction there might be.

And China join up with the EU? Maybe they will buy it, otherwise there will be no partnership between those parties.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DakotaCensus

China is not a member of ASEAN, and the way that this region is headed, it seems that we may have another EU clone in the making.

p.s. Burma/Myanmar: it doesn't matter. Same salad, different dressing.
edit on 2-5-2012 by chemistry because: clarity

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One vision , one identity, one culture?
Ummm hardly given the vast cultural differences between these countries.
This is another doorway for globalization to be sure.
I had to laugh when he said "when we have peace we can have prosperity!"
Maybe the United States should take a cue since we've had no prosperity since the war on terror started.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Respectfully I disagree, it can matter to you if you are from there what people call it.

And while not part of ASEAN, China throws the most weight around in these parts.ASEAN would only ever be similar to the EU if the EU was completely terrified of what Russia might do.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
upload.wikimedia.org...

Quite am amazing place Burma.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Map of Burma
goo.gl...

Its like something out of a Stephen King movie. I think it should be preserved for study because humans have been habiting there for 750,000 years.

I don't think they need explosive growth. I think we should build an International trade hub maybe in the northern part, somewhere where it might be more than 50 feet above sea level.

Away from the bulk of the population to the south, so we don't demolish their culture with the new trade route.
The _Silk Road_
Its a key location between India and China.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Burmese Jade.
www.jadeshop.com...

Basically they grow rice in Burma, and they sell most of it to Thailand, and they are as poor as Afghanistan. Same GDP PPP.

Agriculture in Burma...
en.wikipedia.org...

The interesting thing about Burma is its topography,
upload.wikimedia.org...

In the north it seems like it is all jungle.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 12-7-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well we better grow that economy slowly, although we can give them lots of money, but consider the lay of the land and it is all lowland between mountain ranges, that floods and they grow rice.

Ok, so its an organic farming lifestyle, since when things flood, they cover the entire land. Hard to imagine why they have the worst health care problem but it might be because of where they live. So to industrialize means to pollute everything unless you do it slowly and properly.

North of there, is jungle. Malaria infested jungle. Who knows what lives there monkeys, and tigers and bears.

So the Brits went after the jade mines there long ago, to get the jade to sell to China to get tea.
Get tea or die that has always been the British motto since their first cup.

And it is the finest jade so they say, and it can be used for fine jewelry. To the south of there is the southern part of Burma, Thailand, Cambodia and all that cultural heritage.

Mines are here...
en.wikipedia.org...

So if we were thinking about the Silk Road, we would want to be in the north, and well its malaria infested jungle, so we might want to be south of there to where the roads are.

Mandalay might be a good location for an International trade hub.
goo.gl...

Mandalay is the economic hub of Upper Burma and considered the centre of Burmese culture. A continuing influx of Chinese immigrants, mostly from Yunnan Province, in the past twenty years, has reshaped the city's ethnic makeup and increased commerce with China.[6][7] Despite Naypyidaw's recent rise, Mandalay remains Upper Burma's main commercial, educational and health centre.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think a nice brand new 5 billion dollar trade hub would fit in nicely there.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join