It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil in the Details [MAD}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
“So,” God said, leaning back in his chair and folding his hands. “Appears I was right, as usual.”

The Devil smiled thinly and sighed. “Of course,” he acknowledged. “Aren’t you always?” He leaned forward, his eyes still watching the scene on the screen. “Looks like they are really inspired to make a change.”

“Yep!” God laughed, cracking his knuckles loudly. “You see, people just need a little…push…now and then. People are inherently good; but of course I made them that way on purpose.”

“Inherently good?” the Devil interrupted. “Do you even pay attention to your….people? They aren’t inherently ‘good’ at all! They rob, cheat, steal, murder, rape, and blame the ozone depletion on cow farts. You think this is good?”

God smiled patiently. “And yet, I hear them now. ‘We’re mad as hell and we’re not going to take it anymore.’ Sounds like a real catalyst for change. You’ll see…my people have seen the error of their ways. This is the motivation they need.”

For the next week, God and the Devil watched the scene unfold. There were marches, community meetings, protests on Wall Street, demonstrations on the White House lawn. People carried posters with slogans such as “End the Corruption!” or “People for Real Change”. Even the Westboro group got in on the action, though their signs “God Hates Everyone Else” were mainly ignored.

As the week progressed, God grew increasingly smug and the Devil increasingly quiet. But as the weekend neared, things began to change. Slowly, the protests tapered off. People stopped attending the community meetings; the Westboro group were kidnapped by a renegade band of Hells Angels and sacrificed (although no one complained about it). Life was returning to normal: the selfish inertia of billions of people caught up in their own petty lives.

Finally, the Devil called a meeting with God. “Looks like I was right after all!” he laughed. “There’s been no real change…just as I predicted. Ready to admit defeat?

“But….but….” God sputtered, running his hands through his hair. “How did you know this would happen?”

The Devil laughed. “It’s all in the details, my friend. All in the details.”

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Excellent!

S&F
(Best (MAD) I've read so far...
edit on 2-5-2012 by Tripple_Helix because: to add.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Very nicely done.

Can almost imagine this happening in a bar somewhere

S&F

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Thank you for the compliments....much appreciated!

I did write another MAD but I don't think many people read it. it's called Catalyst and is much....darker.

Have a great Wednesday!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I like this one as well as the other one. Interesting take on this. At first I thought this would be a difficult contest due to lack of a broad topic but you are proving me wrong. I had better get back to work on some more. S&F.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Another S&F, Smyleegrl!

What a great imagination you have! Great job on this one, too!

top topics

join