It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer claims MI6 involvement in death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Lawyer claims MI6 involvement in death

www.skynews.com.au

A lawyer representing the family of MI6 spy Gareth Williams whose body was found in a holdall has suggested the secret services may have been involved in his death.

Anthony O'Toole, the Williams' family lawyer, made the accusation in open court during the 31-year-old GCHQ code breaker's inquest.

Mr O'Toole said: 'So if the person who killed Gareth Williams was a member of SIS (MI6) you would do nothing to investigate because you believed that organisation to be trustworthy??
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I managed to find this article but many others seem to have been scrubbed from the web which is interesting. What made me raise an eyebrow is that this is the first time ever I have seen a mainstream outlet question the integrity of MI6.

I think most of us understand, here on ATS, that MI6 are a dangerous organisation whom consider themselves above the law. There is no oversight of such organisations. IMO, any organisation with the power of MI6 that has no oversight can and will only lead to massive corruption.

Giving someone that amount of power with no checks and balances is a serious mistake IMO.

Why should we trust MI6? Would you trust a complete stranger to keep you safe?

It is my belief, after looking hard at the evidence, that MI6 was fully complicit in the London bombings on 7/7. We know that MI6 purposely avoided many questions regarding 7/7, and the inquest was a complete whitewash.

I posted this because this article gave me just a small glimmer of hope that a few more sheeple may question the integrity of the highly secretive organisation with a license to kill who they like with no repercussion if they screw up.

www.skynews.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I agree, they killed him because he knew too much/had a crisis of conscience,

Here is a link showing MI6 will quite happily kill British subjects to push certain agendas
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This relates to false flag attacks MI6 carried out in Saudi in 2000 in an attempt to prevent the Saudis funding the Palestinian Indifada to the tune of $1 billion dollars, they got caught, then 9/11 happened..........

edit on 2-5-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
OP while I absolutely agree that this case is highly suspicious you are wrong in several of your opening statements, firstly this article was not “wiped from the web” as you were clearly able to get access to it. Furthermore this is not the first time that any of the MSN has reported on this story or questioned the integrity of SIS, BBC news have been saying almost every two hours that the family lawyer claims the “dark arts of intelligence were at work” and many of the MSM have made other allegations in the past against SIS particularly their involvement in the death of David Kelly and Princess Diana. You are also incorrect to say that SIS has no oversight, it does in the form of the Intelligence and Security Committee and to a lesser extend the Joint Intelligence Committee.

With this case specifically it is clearly obvious to anybody with half a brain that he was murdered by a third party as it has been proven in court it would be almost impossible for him to lock himself in a bag like that. It has also so far been shown that the actions of SIS have been highly suspicious such as taking a week to contact the police and even at that GCHQ had to do it, then withholding evidence form the police and accounts of Mr Williams being unhappy at work. It all points to some very suspicious circumstances that leads me to believe that he was assassinated by SIS.

Should this be the case you can be almost guaranteed that this assassination was conducted by the Increment, just like David Kelly. However even the very existence of the Increment is pure speculation there are other groups which may exist with in the UK that are either like them or just another name of them such as Group 13 and GB75. Regardless the evidence all points to a SIS assassination, it wouldn’t be the first time they have done this and it won’t be the last.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There are some speculations as to why he may have been killed on this page below
wikispooks.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If MI6 killed him then why didnt they get rid of the body? Why just leave it to be found?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

It is true that it might not have been MI6 but it has been proven that it would have been impossible for Mr Williams to have locked himself in that bag so someone else had to lock him inside it. So it may have been someone from his private life or it could have been SIS. Whoever it was however left no trace of ever being there which suggests the person knew what he/she was doing and taking into account a the information that has come out thus far in the court I would be inclined to believe he was killed by SIS.

You are right however it is entirely plausible that someone else in his flat put him inside the case and killed him then left without leaving a trace who had no connection to SIS. I however take the view that this was a SIS assassination.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Better he gets found dead a result of kinky games or jilted lover than goes missing shortly after returning from the US or having worked on City of London security. As a missing agent there would have been a lot of alarm from the public and a deeper investigation, MI6 may have actually had to provide some answers

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well is the SIS / MI6 wanted to do a murder that didnt look like a murder then they have done a terrible job of it. I seriously dont think that the UK SIS / MI6 are that incompetent.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Georgi Markov
Robert Maxwell
Princess Diana

They are quite sloppy at times

cryptome.org...

If he got stabbed on the street in say a robbery there would be no spin value or furthering of some agenda such as justifying monitoring all our communications/more CCTV?

Never waste a good disaster they say...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

While those could be seen as sloppy assassinations. We dont know for sure that they were assassinations and that they were done by the UK SIS / MI6. So its pointless presenting them as examples that SIS / MI6 have done sloppy assassinations in the past for comparison to prove that they have done a sloppy assassination in the recent case in London.

edit on 2-5-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Does nobody check topics?

This has been covered since it first broke, a year ago.

"British spy' found dead in bath".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dowot

In defense of the OP the news article posted was from today, so I think it does merit discussion. Do you work for MI6? Why did you kill him?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Its tough to provide solid evidences in such cases however if you had read the article you would have seen there was some pretty strong indicators such as:

When Mercia MacDermott slipped the idea of getting rid of Markov, she did it with a one liner: "He's not very discreet is he?" Baroness Park bragged about MI6 getting a person murdered with that one line. If she claims that Georgi Markov wasn't the victim, then somebody should ask the Baroness who the victim was.

and

Six years after that, in April 1991, the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency announced the code names of two non-Bulgarians that received medals in 1979 for their involvement in the Markov murder. The author identifies the two agents, one of whom was a British double agent who now lives in Britain. Baroness Park referred to the agent, a woman, on the BBC's Panorama in 1994, when praising the work of female agents in the Cold War, and also described her role in causing a murder, which was in fact the Markov murder. CIA officer Aldrich Ames betrayed the agent to the KGB in 1985.

Robert Maxwell was murdered by MI6 in 1991 because, eight weeks prior to his death, he had received transcripts and audio cassettes of the agent’s interrogation that would have incriminated MI6. The widow of Georgi Markov has been manipulated by the British security services for over twenty years, spending a large amount of her own money in futile attempts to bring her husband’s murderers to justice. She will be glad to know that, thanks to the author, Georgi Markov's murder led fairly directly to the downfall of the Soviet Union, which is described with considerable documentation in the 'Markov File' currently in the House of Commons library in London. This article is from the file.

and perhaps most incriminating

The murder of British media magnate Robert Maxwell was MI6's most costly blunder (for Cap'n Bob's pensioners at least). A video of the second autopsy (the real one, for his life assurance) was made in Israel and was the subject of extensive coverage in the French magazine Paris Match in January 1992. Maxwell had been beaten up in his stateroom so as to get him to divulge the numbers of the combination lock of his safe. He was finally stabbed in the abdomen and thrown overboard. Of course, all this was ignored by the British media, and certainly by Maxwell’s MI6 approved biographer Tom Bower. Why was it considered necessary to murder Maxwell? Well, eight weeks prior to his murder he had received a visit from Andrei Lukanov, the former communist Prime Minister of Bulgaria, who was probably Maxwell's closest associate in the Eastern Bloc. Lukanov gave Maxwell a selection of documents, including no doubt audiocassettes, from the Markov file.

edit on 2-5-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

That is a very fair point however the case of David Kelly proves otherwise many in the MSN take the view that Dr Kelly was killed by SIS shows that it is indeed possible for it to have happened before and SIS do at the very least plan assassination plots such as that of Slobodan Milosevic. It would be naive to believe that SIS don’t assassinate people however I do not for a second discount the idea that he was murdered by a third party with no connection to the intelligence services however I have been following this story with interested ever since it broke and to me so far I believe that he was assassinated by the increment of SIS.

If you have balanced the evidence then fair enough that is the great thing about this website we all have different views on world events.

Out of interest, who do you believe that killed him now that it has been shown that it would have been almost impossible for him to lock himself in the bag and then the only people with keys to the flat were his family and landlady both of whom have been ruled out and that the only other people to visit the flat were colleague and whoever this third party was managed to leave no trace and killed him without a struggle. To me this points to SIS I am not saying that there is absolute proof that SIS were responsible for his killing but to me this all points to a SIS assassination , however I am genuinely curious as to who you think killed him and why?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well it would be wrong to point the finger at any one country without any evidence but i think that he may have been killed by a foreign intelligence agency. I get the feeling that someone was tapping him for info and then he either found out or didn't want to play along any more. That would make sense for the killing because they didn't want the UK SIS you realize there had been a leak. If a foreign intelligence agency had been involved then they could have cleaned up the place to not leave any trace of intruders. This would also explain the presence of the 9 memory sticks that were found. It would also make sense that the UK SIS would not want to reveal there had been an intelligence breach.

I'm still not 100% sure why they would have to take the body rather than just make it look like a suicide. But if they had used chemicals / drugs, or left marks on the body that would suggest he had been obviously murdered then it would make sense to try to dispose of it so that the UK SIS dont have any clues to any foreign spy activity. I think the body was meant to have been removed but something went wrong. Dont forget its much hard for a foreign spy / hit team to operate in another country than the countries own SIS. I believe that if MI6 or "the Increment" had done it they wouldn't have had the slightest problem getting the body out of the flat and covering up the whole episode.

edit on 2-5-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

top topics

join