It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin D - A critical deficiency you likely have.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Vitamin D shouldn't really be called a Vitamin, it is actually a pro-hormone which has many uses in the body. Increasingly over the years we have shyed away from the sun slopping on that sunblock reducing the amount of Vitamin D your body can produce by 95%.

Sources:
abcnews.go.com...
www.nytimes.com...
www.vitamindcouncil.org... - Danger of sunscreens
www.naturalnews.com...
(Just look around, there are plenty)

Now our bodies can only properly synthesis Vitamin D with the following criteria:
Natural oils on skin (e.g showering with soap will lower absorption until natural oils are produced onto your skin once more)
The UV rating must be 3 or over
The sun should be facing down on you, time-slot around 11AM-3PM to absorb it the most efficiently.
More time required in sun to absorb if you have darker skin or are living at a higher latitude away from the equator
(At the middle of summer at mid day a pale-skinned person can produce 1000IU of Vitamin D per MINUTE where as the RDA is 400)

The cases of Vitamin D deficiency are going up and up and are a cause for lethargy, increased cancer rates, illness, osteoporosis and more. As previously stated the pathetically low RDA is set at 400 whereas if in the winter months (also assuming you go out and absorb those sun rays in the summer) it would be best to supplement with 5000IU/day or most days in the form of D3 (NOT D2)

Although this website does have links to selling Vitamin D3 it does cite many, many references and links to Vitamin D on the left hand side.

www.vitamindcouncil.org...

Important note: When taking Vitamin D3 it would be wise to supplement with some magnesium as it is used up in the synthisation of Vitamin D in the body, and also eat sprouts, collards or Kale as they contain Vitamin K which aids Vitamin D hugely and prevents anything going wrong with the increased intake.

The research is out there, it's up to you who you want to believe

In case the video won't work here is the link. www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-5-2012 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I swear by vitamin D, its one vitamin you cannot do without. It has a multitude of great effects on your health. I usually get bottles with 10,000 i.u. And take dosages of 30 to 40,000 i.u. a day.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Well I for one don't have a deficiency, because I don't use sunblock

I've always known it isn't good to shy away from the sun, after all we are made from its components (obviously a different star's not the sun ).

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I have almost no vit d in my bloodwork. I also have autoimmune.
The two go hand in hand 'they' now say.
If you have very low vit d ... watch for signs of autoimmune.
Get tested.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Coincidence or what lol
But after watching several videos last week on the merits of vitamin D I have just received my order for high strength vitamin D tablets.

Further investigation however has found that if you do not take enough magnesium you may experience severe headaches as your body needs magnesium to convert vitamin D.

Heres a link www.vitamindcouncil.org... magnesium/

www.vitamindcouncil.org... magnesium/

edit on 2-5-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

There are several excellent videos on you tube about the benefits of vitamin D and well worth watching.
edit on 2-5-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by studio500

I havent heard the headache thing, As I stated in my post I have taken fairly high doseages and have not experienced any headaches.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
no sun block for me!!! i like the sun and all it's benefits. i haven't even had a sunburn!
i do not lay in the sun to get a tan. i never understood that.

i'm usually doing yars work or gardening in the sun.
as for the shower thing, the worst thing you can do is shower daily or more (unless you sweat all day at your job of coarse!) you wash essential oils off of you,and your protective 'film'. more chance of getting sick.
every other day would be better.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
You'll find just a couple of foods ingredients that may contain natural vitamin D. A number of nutritional resources of vitamin D are usually meat lean meats, meat-like section of the fish, egg yolk, fish oil and even cheeses. As a result, vegans have higher risk to obtain latest Vitamin D news
on account of minimal nutritional absorption of vitamin D loaded food items. Breastfeeding youngsters gets this issue since vitamin D quantities in mother milk is incredibly reduced.

Contact with poisonous ingredients, dangerous substances, unwanted effects of a number of medications may also cause this type of problem which the levels of vitamin D runs beneath the typical amount. Bodily issues for instance tone of the epidermis or perhaps amount of whole body fat can also be to blame for low-level vitamin D. Darkish complexion may also be the explanation of reduced vitamin D values inside the entire body.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
My grandmother said that "without a few skint knees, eating some dirt, and lots of fresh air and sunshine"... a child will not grow up healthy... now we see that she was right.

I finf it ironic that something so easy to fix is a problem for many people. Go outside... and play or work or do something. Heck, put the TV and video games on the back porch along with the couch...aka redneck style.

Get yourself some sun...it's free.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Cod liver oil

& sunlight are yummy@

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Don't have that, for sure.

If I tan outside, it's in full noon day (or near noon) sun and definitely without any of that nano-laced sunblock.

So stupid that people will pay money to go into a tanning bed when there's the real deal for free out every damn day. They prefer things to be taken from them so they can slave away just to buy it again! No wonder we're in the mess we're in. People have lost their minds, for real.

new topics

top topics

join