It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ISS footage from 1st May reveal more UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There are so many possible explanations to these, why would you assume "alien spacecraft" first? Ridiculous. Do you know how many satellites and other crap is orbiting the earth? You think it might be some of that stuff?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StringTh

We have not only polluted Earth but the space around us. Sad.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Specks of dust do not flash brightly and disappear.

Stop rationalizing the irrational. Are you that afraid of the truth? If they aren't attacking by now, the ETs aren't going to.
edit on CWednesdaypm404008f08America/Chicago02 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
It's a speck of dust on top of ice particle...you can clearly see it. Other possibilities include space junk traveling at great speeds, or dust on the camera lens....if not lens flare.

You forgot swamp gas.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
Heres the picture from the first vid, it was on the main opening page thing

Now that looks like a spaceship...not a rock or satellite

Your picture gives a false perception.

The object is moving down the screen, not away. The picture you captured is of when the object flashes in the last seconds in the cameras view, it doent look anymore of a "spaceship" than before, its just how you caught it.

Anyway nice video none the less, OP.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I flagged for the vids .
Great to see colour vids and no annoying background music .

Cheers OP

DP

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That was some stunning images of the Aurora and some space junk, but nothing unusual.

Now if one of those suddenly picked up speed or stopped or changed direction ok but no shiny stuff in space is only a UFO in the simplest of terms meaning we cannot identify it, not an Alien craft or other exotic craft. Nope just stuff in space maybe a spanner?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Every time we take videos in space. These show up! What the heck why is it not looked into?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Specks of dust do not flash brightly and disappear.

Sure they do.

Just because YOU'VE never encountered this, doesn't mean the whole WORLD knows nothing about it. Aren't you generalizing overmuch from your own limited experience, to the entire world's experience base?

It's not merely a problem of what you don't know -- that's fixable with learning. It's more a problem of what you DO know that ain't so -- that requires you to modify existing [but erroneous] models of reality firmly embedded in your mind.

We're here to help.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jimmy...Jimmy...Jimmy...
Finally you understand!

It's not merely a problem of what you don't know -- that's fixable with learning. It's more a problem of what you DO know that ain't so -- that requires you to modify existing [but erroneous] models of reality firmly embedded in your mind.

EXACTLY!
This is exactly what I (and other) try to tell you...

We're here to help.

No, Jimmy.

You are here on ATS to deny the overwhelming evidences.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

So how comes this debris and ice never hits anything? Surely if littered with chunks of high speed metal, ice and debris, our satellites would be taken down within minutes of being put up there.

Has the ISS ever been hit by this "debris"? or does it always miss?

Some shuttle micrometeorites...

www.google.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
(Tether incident)

If there is any evidence of something that might be remotely close to alien related, or other life forms in space, it's the footage from STS-75. I have posted this video before, and in my opinion, is probably one of the most compelling "NASA UFO" videos.

While the tether incident is "nice", to me it's clearly dust particles and or water/ice particles.

The ignorance of people who see "disks" with "holes" and "notches" is ridiculous since many of the particles are clearly OUT OF FOCUS which gives them this shape. Every even remotely *halfway* knowledgeable person who knows a *little* about basics of optics/photography etc. will be able to confirm that the "shape" of the "large" objects is nothing more than an "out-of-focus" halo.

Furthermore...it seems the tether footage is taken in IR, making the particles look very shiny and bright. I have seen IR footage where you could see all kinds of stuff like stars, bugs, birds etc. looking like an "UFO" simply because the infrared made it look like that.

As for "blinking" etc...i can (even with my limited knowledge) see that dust, ice or water particles in space might rotate...and thus appear "blinking", especially in combination with IR footage.

The movement does NOT seem UFO-like to me, rather how i could imagine random particles like dust etc. move in space. I would actually be surprised if some particles would not rotate.

The movement, speed and a very quick look at the footage make it appear as that the particles are rather close to the shuttle, might be rather small as well. And as always, some of the interpretations of UFO buffs plainly ignoring the out of focus-stuff artifacts etc. is just ridiculous.

edit on 2-5-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't know anymore what's the difference between junk in the space and junk in the web. We need Megamaid.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Heres the picture from the first vid, it was on the main opening page thing

Now that looks like a spaceship...not a rock or satellite

That looks like this ship from Battlestar Galactica

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Jim's right about the dust specks, anyway it's not what is passing by in that first video that's got me, it's the 'cloud' patches lit up by the aurora. The ISS is not moving above them, it is moving through them. Someone tell me I'm wrong. Hold on, it's the speed, looks like it's all speeded up in the first instance, why?
edit on 2-5-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The Aurora view is really cool from the ISS....

One question......why is the object percectly oriented to the direction the video is being taken? You know, the top of the "craft" is to the top of the video. What would be the odds of that? Unless the video was edited this way, then nevermind....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well today accorrding to rob19791 is going to bring some ore evidence, mind blowing stuff nasa can not explain is what the feed thing says in my subscribers box.

cant wait to see what he has to offer, i will post it as soon as it comes through and ive had a look myself.

I dont believe what these videos show is dust, and debris. As i said before the stuff in space of ours would be torn to pieces if it were. Or do our satelittes have avoidence systems on them?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It seems we have quite a few of UFO's scuttling around outside the ISS, I thought the sightings were rare until seeing this.

Just seems a little odd how shiny objects would be flying past the space station and suddenly disappear to deep-space in a bright flash.

Pretty sure our space debris doesn't have powers or high speed capabilities, NASA.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Hey Jim, got one question for you, since you are a scientist. About space junk...i'm sure i'm missing some vital piece of knowledge...since it is deffinately not my arena...but...

why is space junk floating so close to earth? shouldn't it be pulled slightly towards earth and eventually it should crash through the atmosphere and probably burn up. I just don't get what is holding the junk up there? It probably has some inertia obtained during the procedure that "ejected" or propelled it....but how long can it keep it's orbit without any engines or thrusters or something to keep it from being pulled towards earth?

And if the junk is moving...how log can it sustain it's momentum?...I realize it's vacuum out there's and no air resistance...is it really staying that long out there? I would assume that all objects that circle the earth are well within the sphere of influence of earth gravity or am I mistaken?

I'm kinda going by my cartoon logic without any actual space motion physics knowledge, so pardon my ignorance.

thanks
Mario

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
:3 And I always thought that aliens travel in between dimensions or through wormholes that open up inside of the planets atmosphere. I am pretty sure that most aliens noticed the space junk and if they are floating above earth they have cloaking technology. I swear if we are invaded we will never see it coming until its too late and they decloak... the star wars satelites are useless unless aliens helped us to develop the weapons systems.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join