It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea suspected of jamming flight signals in South

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

North Korea suspected of jamming flight signals in South

www.reuters.com

More than 250 flights in and out of South Korea have experienced GPS signal jamming since the weekend, with North Korea high on the list of suspects, officials said on Wednesday.

Similar jamming in the past was traced to the reclusive North, which last month breached U.S. Security Council resolutions with a failed long-range rocket launch and was blamed for cyber attacks on South Korean financial institutions last year.

None of the flights, including 11 operated by foreign airlines, was in danger, the Transport Ministry said, with automatic switching of navigation to alternative systems.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
North Korea vows "special operations" against South's leader
North Korea Boasts of Ability to Destroy US Military in 'Single Blow'

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Well, this could be the beginning of the retaliation that they recently mentioned. South Korea also claims that this has happened in recent military drills. This could be minor, but could also be the start of something sinister. It is said that they are gearing up for another nuclear bomb test so things can get ugly fast on the Peninsula.

I will admit that the West has a habit of exaggerating North Korean hostilities, but North Korea isn't helping itself by constantly ignoring the international community.

I hope this cools down.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This sort of thing has always been in the back of my mind when I've flown in and out of Incheon and I love Korean Airlines but this is a bit too scary to not consider another airline next time.

I've always thought well, live and let live when it comes to the DPRK regime because there isnt much that can be done but maybe it's time cleverer minds than mine had a get together and thought of something...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Tensions rising
North Korea has enough uranium for six nuclear bombs, expert claims

NORTH Korea has stockpiled enough weapons-grade uranium for six nuclear bombs, amid growing concerns it could be primed for another nuclear test, an expert claimed today.

The South Korean nuclear expert told the Yonhap news agency that Pyongyang appeared to have started relying on enrichment activities because of its dwindling stock of plutonium after two rounds of nuclear tests. In November 2010, North Korea revealed its uranium enrichment plant to US scientist Siegfried Hecker, claiming it was being used for energy development.

The plant was thought to have been operational in 2009 – meaning it could have produced enough enriched uranium for up to six bombs.

The South Korean expert, who was not named, said, "If the North Korean claim is true, it could allow the North to make some 88lbs (40kg) of highly enriched uranium per year, enough for one or two atomic weapons."

www.news.com.au...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Wouldn't put it past them.

In the bad old days of the 1970s and 1980s, the Soviets had a radio beacon just inside Bulgaria, a few miles from the Turkish border, that was sending out a aircraft code almost identical to the Istamboul airport. It lured in a lot of airplanes that were immediately seized for violating Bulgarian airspace and then ransomed back.

new topics

top topics

join