It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Cooling: be very afraid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Feiticeira

Please show me these hard scientific facts that don't involve graphs or predictions by computer programs. I think we need to take a look at the many ways in the past we have tried to alter nature or "help" it and failed to take into account the complexity of nature itself. The first step is admitting we were wrong and that something so complex as the atmosphere can't be written down on a piece of paper. Second step would to approach our problems through science instead of some popularity contest of who can be the next Nostradamus or make it a big political money scam. Just look at everyday life in a society we clear out forests to build cities and towns. Whole habitats are destroyed due to mining and drilling. Plastic is so widely used it isn't even funny. We try to balance nature by killing off one animal while another flourishes and years later we are killing the animals we were protecting before because it has caused some other imbalance in the ecosystem. Problem with humans is that we think we can do everything better without consequences and we end up hurting ourselves and everything around us.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The tragedy of all this is that the dogma underpinning it has created a religion of 'climate change' and 'Global Warming' which is really at its core just anti-humanism. The same conviction that people are a problem to be controlled and managed that goes all the way back that idiot Malthus.

Its an ideology at its core, not science. It will adopt science as a cloak and wear different science as times change but its always the same belief in the driving seat. That humanity must be constrained, on principle.

It survives despite the fact its been proven wrong again and again. Despite the fact that every dogma that considers the existence and prosperity of people as the problem not the goal has given rise to unnecessary human horror, again and again.

In a world where the environmental movement wasn't rotten with this bankrupt belief system the push would be for the adoption of nuclear power as a means to provide for peoples power needs in a way that doesn't pollute the air or the water to a significant degree when compared to what we have been doing with fossils.

Its the same environmental movement that opposed and crippled the us nuclear industry at birth, thereby prolonging use of coal and oil plant that are insanely more damaging (even from an emitted radiation perspective) than nuclear plant. It was opposed, despite the logic of it, because of the perverse morality in play that only solutions that impose hardship and restraint on human beings are virtuous.

Wind/Wave are championed because they CANT be the solution without cutting back on all our energy use, not because they CAN be the solution.

People have no idea the origins, past perversions and eventual logical outcome of the ideology they are now in tow with.

If the dogma is ripped out and we start making rational decisions again we can all have a better, cleaner, wealthier future as humans. The alternative is to impose stagnation and repression in the name of virtue. That only makes sense if stagnation and repression is actually the goal itself. I submit that in the minds of some it really is.
edit on 3-5-2012 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I've been researching Fluoride since 1975. I know a lot more about it than most people. I've made it a point to study every aspect of it, why the government chose to use it in the first place. Just because you don't drink the water doesn't mean that you aren't affected. A can of coke or a beer has just as much as a glass of water. None of which is natural.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForgottenRebel

Please show me these hard scientific facts that don't involve graphs or predictions by computer programs.

I've posted links to sites with scientific hard facts, what more do you want?
If you want facts about Portugal, it is only natural that they are going to be in Portuguese.
It's not my fault that you can not read them.

I this is the only one you can read because it has an english version.

The Portuguese version:
sites.google.com...

The english version
www.projectochange.ics.ul.pt...

This other sites are in Portuguese

www.clima.pt...

www.ci.uc.pt...

www.siam.fc.ul.pt...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yup they tricked you into believing that the air you breathe out is going to end the world and you bought it. They tricked you into thinking the gas that plants eat needs to be reduced or the world will end. More carbon more plants more food, when did people stop thinking and let figure heads tell them whats going to happen even though it made no sense at the time.

edit on 3-5-2012 by YourDreamsCanceled because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by YourDreamsCanceled

If you like carbon... I have the perfect experiment for you:
- Lock your self in a garage , then turn on the engine/motor of you car and breed the perfume. No matter what, do not tray to leave. Remember: Carbon is good for you....

edit on 3-5-2012 by Feiticeira because: .

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I ignored it like you ignore all of my questions and the links I provided for you, besides the link to the us wasn't relevant to what I was asking!

Now as for this nasa link I won't call them liars, I'll let their ex colleagues do that!

March 28, 2012 The Honorable Charles Bolden, Jr. NASA Administrator NASA Headquarters Washington, D.C. 20546-0001 Dear Charlie, We, the undersigned, respectfully request that NASA and the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) refrain from including unproven remarks in public releases and websites. We believe the claims by NASA and GISS, that man-made carbon dioxide is having a catastrophic impact on global climate change are not substantiated, especially when considering thousands of years of empirical data. With hundreds of well-known climate scientists and tens of thousands of other scientists publicly declaring their disbelief in the catastrophic forecasts, coming particularly from the GISS leadership, it is clear that the science is NOT settled. The unbridled advocacy of CO2 being the major cause of climate change is unbecoming of NASA’s history of making an objective assessment of all available scientific data prior to making decisions or public statements. As former NASA employees, we feel that NASA’s advocacy of an extreme position, prior to a thorough study of the possible overwhelming impact of natural climate drivers is inappropriate. We request that NASA refrain from including unproven and unsupported remarks in its future releases and websites on this subject. At risk is damage to the exemplary reputation of NASA, NASA’s current or former scientists and employees, and even the reputation of science itself. For additional information regarding the science behind our concern, we recommend that you contact Harrison Schmitt or Walter Cunningham, or others they can recommend to you. Thank you for considering this request. Sincerely, (Attached signatures)

Graphs can and have been manipulated to show whatever you want them to show! I've asked you to google climategate nut you ignore it everytime! They have been caught red handed leaving out data and destroying evidence.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Onto your Portugal links...

The theme is of utmost importance for a country like Portugal, whose difficulties in dealing with erosion will get worse according to the climate scenarios that point to a rise in sea level.

Vary vague! Points to? Where are the facts?

it is also one of the European countries most affected by coastal erosion.

Coastal erosion is natural! When you have tons of water hitting rocks erosion occurs, I learned about this at school! Did you not?

With climate change - more frequent extreme events and sea level rise - the current difficulties in a changing coastline will tend to get worse. The official scenarios point to an average sea level rise of 18 to 59 cm by 2100

Again very vague! Tends to? Where are the facts? I see more wild claims and fortune telling. Where is the science? Where is the facts?

Right read all of that and not once did they say how much the sea level has risen! Not one fact in there what so ever! Just more talk about natural events with some scare mongering mixed in!

Let me have a look at the others now....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Google translate worked pretty well as it goes. The first link you provided went on about how they were reducing co2 emissions. again with no facts and no evidence of anything. Please can you just give me a link to how much the sea level has risen in Portugal? I'm still waiting for this... Also cab you give me a link to where it says the temps in Portugal have risen? You know as you gotta keep putting on sun cream.

Is there much point me looking at the other links? Will there be any facts in them? can you just paste the relevant parts for me. I don't have all day to go through this garbage to be honest! Just bring me some science and facts. You know like I did for you.

Also I would just like to say that in agriculture they use elevated co2 to encourage plant growth and to increase yield!

Have you seen the video where bill gates talks about getting co2 down to zero? How would the plants live? lol

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feiticeira

If you like carbon... I have the perfect experiment for you:
- Lock your self in a garage , then turn on the engine/motor of you car and breed the perfume. No matter what, do not tray to leave. Remember: Carbon is good for you....

edit on 3-5-2012 by Feiticeira because: .

I have a Prius so it's gonna take awhile

Well if you don't like carbon tape your mouth shut as you are contributing to global warming

Humans breathe in oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide. Plants take in this carbon dioxide along with sunlight and water, and convert it into a form of energy. They release oxygen.

Seems like the system worked fine before, humans breathe it out and plants eat it and create oxygen from it

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Exactly! If these people really cared for the planet then they should be setting an example for us all to follow! Just think with every breath they are polluting the planet! I would say with every word they type too but I'm not THAT mean!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yes, the carbon monoxide will kill you trapped in a locked garage. So will pretty much every other gas (including oxygen) if you were pumping it into an enclosed space to the point where it entirely replaced the air.

That has entirely nothing to do with the argument at hand.

Unless you are trying to argue that we will at some point in the credible future render the earths atmosphere unsuitable for breathing by humans (which is preposterous) your closed garage argument is specious.

Carbon monoxide expelled into the environment oxidises into carbon dioxide which plants consume. Increasing Co2 increases plant growth (to a point limited by other factors in the environment).

So were back to the temperature argument and since the earth has been demonstrably hotter many times in the past (before any industry) there is no reason to believe its doomsday and we are all going to die this time round.

I'm all for improved air quality and ceasing to consume oil for power generation (its just stupid, we need it for other stuff). I support moving power generation to majority nuclear. If we had that majority nuclear infrastructure, coupled with advances in electric vehicles we'd be on way out of fossils as the developing world were developing into it.

Instead, due to the bleating of the greens for 30 years (dismantling german reactor system as we speak) we in the west are still fossil dependent for power and will be for the foreseeable future. Idiots, led on by the malign.

The answer isn't, "we must all do less, we're are wicked and must all live in yurts and flail ourselves with hemp". The answer is how do we meet our energy needs without burning oil. If you take the hair shirt brigade dogma out of it we've had the answer for about a half century.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I don't drink coke and I know what beer doesn't contain the fluoride. I don't doubt though they I consume some! But the point is to limit the amount as much as possible! It would be like getting run over and then saying, well I'ce been run over once, may as well just walk in the road from now on! lol

I know full well why they are really using it. I know where it comes from etc. I know there is natural fluoride and artificial etc... I don't say I am an expert on it but I know they are putting toxic waste in the water supply!

Besides it is immoral to mass medicate without peoples consent! Plus it is highly reckless to medicate when you can not control dose!

If you like fluoride though by all means lap it up!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Thanks for the funny things you are saying.
I had great time reading then.
Do you actually believe all of that?

In Portugal we have an expression that describes what I was trying to do:
"Dar pérolas aos porcos"

And like the expression says. I'm only wasting my time on this topic.

But please do continue: you are really funny.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Feiticeira because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by Feiticeira because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Top tip.

One smiley face is adequate.

6 lines of them is usually a sign of desperation, or mania.

[see].
edit on 3-5-2012 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yes go to the smiley faces as a last resort, always the best way to prove your point.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The last Bilderburgh group meeting had a topic "The upcoming Global COOLING problem"

Warming / Cooling is a natural cycle that has been going on every few thousand years for millenia.

After all, SOMETHING had to cause all the ice to melt at the end of the last Ice Age, and it certainly wasn't the campfires being lit by the humans of the day.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That's your reply? So actually you do not have any science then? You do not have any facts what so ever? Just faked graphs and vague non-sense?

Better watch out man, that sea level is rising as we speak!
You might well float off in your sleep tonight!

I think your next insightful comment should contain only smiley faces and no words, then we might get at least some sense out of you!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
there may be a decrease in oil, but an increase in natural gas and propane

so I don't see how he can forecast less CO2

heck, just the billions of humans and the livestock needed to support them is a massive CO2 factory

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

here's the FDA's fluoride site, it lists many common foods.www.fortcollinscwa.org...

. Pure Fluoride is very poisonous. A gallon of fluoride is enough to treat the water in a small town for a long time. Sodium Fluoride is usually sent to water plants in small drums. . A tanker? maybe they were hauling it to a major distribution site. If the fluoride was organic fluoride or even calcium fluoride it would not be so bad. The compounding action is what is the major problem. I see you understand little of how these kind of things interact with the body and mind.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join