It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing thing on Indonesian security camera

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Gortex mate.. Flash is right. You jumped the gun dropping out a moth suggestion... i mean if you had really watched the video then you would of never made the mistake of saying a moth 0o...

your videos although show a bright object, it is a stupid object by which i mean it just kinda moves a little...nothing like the OP's video where you can see intelligence =O.< Because if its real... then its an angel 0o... and if angels are real then ... heh xD lets just see if its real or not xD
edit on 22-5-2012 by Aarcadius because: typo

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

MFW this thread made me sad.

Well, as it's a continuation from a recent thread that was directed here, I'll bump. In my opinion this is cgi. The effect would be simple to achieve with something like adobe after effects. You can illuminate and shadow whatever you want with it. And a general shape with a glow effect or any of the illumination effects is not hard.

It could have even been done in photoshop if someone wanted to bother.

So is it? Can't say for sure. I can only go by my gut instinct, and this is pure cgi.

As for the moth idea, no, I doubt it is a moth. However the video Gortex posted looked more like a spider dropping down and spinning a web, not flying as a moth. So I would put money on that being a simple small spider, illuminated by the fact it's close to the lense, possibly backlit by a light source behind the camera, and with the time lapse it loses the natural insect motion.

I've seen other videos of strange things caught on cctv in carparks that are far more mysterious. I'll continue to take this grain of salt for ones like this however.
edit on 25-5-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If people say this is all CGI ok then why dont you recreate it then? ifs thats simple.
If recreation of CGI matches the one in the video then i would also agree that its CGI but only if someone dares on recreating it.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
If people say this is all CGI ok then why dont you recreate it then? ifs thats simple.
If recreation of CGI matches the one in the video then i would also agree that its CGI but only if someone dares on recreating it.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

But can't people recreate pretty much anything with CGI now? Why does it have to be CGI just because you can recreate it? Is that what we're going to do with every sighting of something paranormal now? Just recreate it and then say it must be fake?

Now if you can see tell tale signs in the footage of specific effects being used as you watch it/recreate it, fair enough, but just because it can be remade with CGI it doesn't mean it has to be fake.
edit on 26-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Any suggestions on a new spy camera?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Any suggestions on a new spy camera?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I don't believe in this kind of thing. Honestly though, it looks to me like an angel.
Like it got cast down from heaven and landed, then took off.

But who knows, maybe it's an electrical phenomenon... or a gooback.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I do not usually like to dismiss things to fast but as soon as I watched this and every time after all I can think is that someone had a high power LCD lamp/flashlight and moved it really fast. The bending of the light could have come from an object in front of the bushes that made the light curve around it giving it a wing look. You can even see the the dark middle of the light such as you get when you adjust the width of the light coming from a flashlight.

This is just my observation

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join