It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing thing on Indonesian security camera

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lke123
Try anyone to do that effect using cgi, even a hollywood studio will have a hard time trying to equal that amazing effect.

It looks very real for me. I think it was a beam of light from a ufo, it could be used to transfer aliens from the ship to the base.

It could very easily be done using cgi, I could do it if I could be bothered, though I am a 3D artist.

I dont like the way it lights up the surrounding area, its so hard to tell because its such bad quality, but the way the surrounding area lights up doesnt look right to me, it looks off, like it was artificially done.
The clearer video shows just how weird and unnatural the lighting is, screams cgi to me.
A security camera is the most convenient way to fake footage using cgi because the camera is perfectly still, perfect for compositing.
edit on 6-5-2012 by SpaceMonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I guessing reality TV , like a scare tactics

viral marketing ?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This video is extremely poor quality, I'm having a hard time believing that anyone is taking this seriously? Why were there 3 security guards standing only a few feet away from it, ready to pounce on the position? Seems a bit convenient?

Also, if you saw something like that... how many of you would run right to its position? None. You'd stand there completely shocked, maybe terrified but definitely confused. You'd be trying to work out what you just saw. Yet these guards ran straight to it with absolutely no time to stop and think. I doubt it!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inarismessenger
Here is a better view of this supposed 'being'

too me it looks like CGI without a doubt
[fullscreen might help]

edit on 5-5-2012 by Inarismessenger because: (no reason given)

This video is much better, def fake no doubt

good acting with the dudes with flash lights though, as if they would actually be running toward the "Being" in the first place lol
edit on 6-5-2012 by FuturePeace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Good video looks like a human angel to me its very impressive ..Nothing about this looks staged..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by purpleivan
It's absolutely fake.

There is no consistency in the lighting given off by the "angel/alien/time traveler" in the scene. Some surfaces are very brightly illuminated, while others are unchanged, when this apparently brilliant light enters the scene. Even taking into account the type of materials likely to be in the scene and their potential reflective characteristics, the "reflected" light in the scene is just too inconsistent to be real.

The lighting is not only inconsistent in what it illuminates, but also where. Some surfaces that are at a shallow angle to the apparent position to the light are much more brightly lit than those that are are at a more perpendicular angle.

Finally, the light creates no shadows in the scene, giving the appearance of the "being" having been overlaid on top of the video, rather than actually in it.

BTW... I don't work in movie CGI, but I has been been an artist in the games industry for 25 years and this was an easy fake to spot.

Whoever made this was not a professional.

One last thing, just as having action happen in near darkness helps movie/TV special effects to cover up problems which would otherwise make them noticeably fake, so does the CCTV look. Faking video of apparent CCTV is actually easier, as the compression artifacts act in the same way as darkness does, in that it obscures the information available to the viewer.

The CCTV effect (encoding as low bandwidth video with a poor codec) would be done to the completed, fake video footage as a post process, so the maker would not have to create effects to fit in with the CCTV qualities of the video, but instead would work from video of a higher quality and then process the video, CG included to make it look like CCTV.

Well, being a professional, you never make absolute determinations based on second hand evidence. See my post above. I am a professional as well.

It you want to provide absolute evidence, then you have to go there, suspend a bright light down to the floor and record observations.

Other than that you make assumptions based on available data, but you do not cast anything in stone, nor make any statement that implies that you absolutely understand the nature of what you are looking at. Remember the scientific principles?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Aveoamacus

Actually if you view it on youtube, those guards did look confused and dumbfounded as to what just happened but going back to this 'light'.... it is a puzzling one.... does not seem like a flashlight or car lights and have you ever seen any lights with wings? Unless it is a filming of a butterfly which they then used FX on to make it look like it appeared inside the building!!! Yes, that must be it.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Come on
this is 100% fake. Isn't it funny how something so bright at night doesn't affect the shadows of anything near by, except where the effect was placed? At 8 seconds there is a flash of light seen to the left of the screen on the overhanging roof, or what ever it is. Why is there only a flash seen when the 'angel' is leaving? It's no brighter when it leaves, this part should have been illuminated for the entire time. If the flash was indeed bright enough to light up something at the far left of the screen, then the immediate surroundings should have definitely been lit up! The surrounding trees, walls and shadows would have been blocked out by light. Yet many of them saw no change.

Why does one of the ATM type machines inside the building change colour while the others don't?

Assuming these security guards weren't blinded by this (which i'm sure they would have been at least startled!), why did they run straight to it? Would YOU run straight to that?

The 'angel' comes straight down and flies off to the right of the screen. Why do some of the guards come running in and look up and to the left?

A guy walks past just before it lands, why doesn't he come back to look? If I was walking down a street at night and something as bright as that landed a couple of meters behind me, and then loads of security guards ran over there, I'd at least be intrigued and ask what the hell it was. After all, it would have been a huge flash.

I think this is a case of people deseperately wanting to believe there's something supernatural or some kind of conspiracy at work here.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Similar shape, what do you guys think are they the same thing?
edit on 8-5-2012 by NewerBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's CGI.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Holographic projection

Notice the reflection occurs on the shiny surface of the floor before the so called Angel appears
However I feel it is a holographic projection - especially how unnaturally it leaps away as if someone was moving the projection by hand
edit on 8-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Angels don't exist, -----
It's fake! I can tell it's cgi

edit on 8-5-2012 by alien because: ...needless off-topic commentary removed...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What surprises me is that those who ran over seconds later were already holding flashlights….do you walk around with a flashlight?

I do like the motion of the thing but if it was real what was its purpose?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
Angels don't exist, stupid christians.

It's fake! I can tell it's cgi

You beleive in inter dimensional aliens but not angels? Wow, talk about a box mind

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Was it a cool vid? yep

Is it real? To me...nope

This video reeks of fake to me. First off who the heck said angels exist? Secondly what makes people think angels look like that? That's like thinking Jesus is a white guy with blonde hair...Come on..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jenlovesturtles

How true
Everyone knows Angels are green and semi aquatic with hard shells

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
It's CGI.

well when i was watching it i noticed the floor changed, during the event.

Prior to "it" showing up you can cleary see the planter boxes that the trees are in and their reflection on the floor. When the light seems to hit the ground you can watch the floor, i cant tell if it is burning or just condensation building up on the tiles you can see it there too just after it leaves. something like that might have an effect on the reflective properties of the event
also the lighting in the immediate area seems to coincide with the timing of the event, look at the objects near it, like the walls between the windows of the building in in the background, the overhang from the structure on the left,

Also what is to say that any being of light would "shine" light as flashlight, in all directions?
What if it merely radiated its internal illumination?

Also if you go in and watch frame by frame you can see other interesting details, it looks to me, just in the fraction of a second before this thing seems to land, like a focus of light is being projected on the ground. You wont see if if you watch through but i noticed it when i was looking the separate frames.

If this really is cgi i will go see the movie, maybe it's a new hologram like tupac

oh yeah just to add, really cool vid ...

edit on 8-5-2012 by owtFsink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

LoL!
There is no proof they don't and maybe someone will find a video of my type of angel falling from the sky as well.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jenlovesturtles

LoL!
There is no proof they don't and maybe someone will find a video of my type of angel falling from the sky as well.

there are a few angel videos that are realish... let me see

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jenlovesturtles

LoL!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join