It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest at a Restaurant and get college credits !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
More from the Detroit news article.

"As we see it, students can receive internship credit for basically shaking down Michigan businesses," said Rep. Bob Genetski, R-Saugatuck, chair of the panel.

State Rep. Joe Haveman added the provision at the behest of a restaurant industry lobbyist, but acknowledged in a recent committee meeting he doesn't know what the rule concerns.

A Detroit News inquiry into the origins of the proposed law found it stems from protests staged in 2009 and 2010 during Friday night dinner hours at Andiamo's Dearborn location on Michigan Avenue.

U-M's connection is its School of Social Work internship in community activism, which lets students receive internship credit for working with the workers' organization, said Justin Winslow, vice president of governmental affairs at the Michigan Restaurant Association.

I smell the sweet Aroma of .... Corruption

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Think we can get 5 credit hours and a get out of jail free card for going to the Nato Summit and protesting?

If so, I am there!

We will pick you up at the airport!

edit on 2-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

I'll tell ya what, if I'll get 5 credit hours for one weekend and an arrest record for appearing, I'll call that a deal we can carpool for. Lemmie know where to pick people up on the way, and we can all go get a couple semester classes worth of credit in a few days together! lol

<< 1   >>

join