It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think demons really look like?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Dude, read the thread...that was freaky. However, I find it odd that it just happened "out of the blue' with you. Just one day boom, you're talking to something "else." I need a bit more of an cause and effect analysis here.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't think the main cause was probably cuz lie about a week b4 the 1st visitation i started doubting in my faith alot and i blamed God 4 evrything so they tried 2 take advantage of me.. Fortunately i staightened up pretty fast and no i'm alright but just lack in faith would be the cause i guess, lol, kinda sad

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
your demons are exactly that. yours. you must defeat them all. have faith. in yourself, a perfect creation of the creator.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:07 AM
link   
well Im sorry but none of you mentioned:

Mother-in-laws!!!!!

Ive had 3 ex, mother-in-laws and only 1 of them was great. the other two I could have sworn came from hell?

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The Western religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam have all accepted the belief that there is, between God and mankind, a class of intermediary beings called Angels. The word Angel comes from the Greek word 'Angelos', various services for God or for people and God's behalf.

Angels are good spirits. They have thier counterpart in Demons, or eveil spirits. The word demons is derived from the greek word 'Daimon', meaning basically any supernatural being or spirit. Belief in spirits of all kinds was quite prevalent in the ancient world. But when Chrisitianity appeared, nearly 2,000 years ago, it condemned belief in such spirits and assigned them the name Demon. Ever since, demons have been thought of as evil spirits.

The origins of belief in angels and demons can be traced to the ancient Persian religion of Zoroastrianism. Followers of the prophet Zoroaster believed that there were two supreme beings, one good and one evil. The good one, Ahura Mazda, was served by angels: the evil one, Ahriman, had demon helpers. Zoroastrians referred to demons as 'Daevas', hence the word devil. Belief in good and evil spirits worked its way into judaism and later into the religions of Christianity and Islam.

Angels are frequently mentioned in the Bible, mostly in the role of messengers from God to mankind. Their appearances on Earth seem to have been in human form. In the Old Testament books of jobs, Ezekiel, and Daniel as well as in the Apocryphal book of Tobit, angels play significant roles. In the book of Job the leading demon, satan, is also introduced. But it is not until the New Testament that satan is portrayed, under the name Lucifer, as the first of the fallen angels - the angels that rebelled against God.

In the New Testament, angels are present at all the important events in the life of Jesus, from his birth to the Resurrection. In the very dramatic Book of Revelation, angels are portrayed as the angels of God in bringing judgment upon the world. Other New Testament writers also speak of angels. St Paul especially take note of them by assigning them ranks. He lists seven groups: angels, archangels, principalities, powers, virtures, dominions and thrones. The Old Testament had spoken of only two others: cherubim and seraphim.

Early Christianity accepted all nine ranks and in the course of time developed extensive doctrines about both angels and demons. The latter were conceived of as Satan's legions, sent out to lure mankind away from belief in God. Angels and demons play similar roles in Islam and are often mentioned in its holy book, the Koran.

Belief in supernatural spirits has not been limited to the major Western religions. In the preliterate societies of Africa, Oceania, Asia and the Americans, spirits were thought to inhabit the whole natural world. These spirits could act either for good or for evil, and so there was no division between angels and demons. The power of these spirits is called 'mana', which can be either helpful or hurtful to people.

Fascination with angels and demons has led to their frequent depiction in works of art and lierature. The paintings, stained glass, mosaics and sculptures of the Middle Ages and Renaissance are especially replete with figures of both.

In John Milton's long poem "Paradise Lost" (1667), Satan himself is a main character; and the angels Raphael, Gabriel, and Michael play prominent roles. In Dante's "Divine Comedy" (1321?) angels appear as both messengers and guardians, and satan is vividly portrayed frozen in a block of ice.

blackwidow

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by blackwidow666]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
I don't think the main cause was probably cuz lie about a week b4 the 1st visitation i started doubting in my faith alot and i blamed God 4 evrything so they tried 2 take advantage of me.. Fortunately i staightened up pretty fast and no i'm alright but just lack in faith would be the cause i guess, lol, kinda sad

Did you ever think that it was simply just your imagination? A daydream gone too far? Too many movies like "Jeepers Creepers?"

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
nope b/c u can't imagine that much stuff in less than a minute

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Are you referring to me "b/c"

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh no sry, blac, "b/c" means because
sry
Tassadar

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Alright love!

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
your demons are exactly that. yours. you must defeat them all. have faith. in yourself, a perfect creation of the creator.
:

BillyBob -
Amen

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar

So, if I understand you correctly, you simply had a crisis in faith (which you recovered from) and these demons and angels showed up. Interesting. Well, why doesn't this happen to anyone else? I am beginning to believe that YOU believe this happened but, for actually happening, I don't think so. I'm sorry.

Why? Because it hasn't happend to others in similar circumstances. I would believe you if you siad something like "I was playing with a Ouija board or doing a seance or soemthing like that.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The devil inside.....
The devil inside.....
Every single one of us,
The devil inside.

-INXS

Perhaps they are the shadow part of ourselves.
Our unconsious, or the part of ourselves we fear.
We just tend to project them on others and call
them demons.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You mean like the Hulk? (Great film--don't listen to he critics. They said "28 Days Later" was great and it sucked.)

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
SOME LIVE THROUGH OTHERS.

Pg.1 of this thread.....

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I haven't really read any of the thread but my response to the question is George Bush Jr. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
fortean
I've seen those things before, and that is one creepy picture. However, billybob is right. They hold no power over you if you deny it to them.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What do demons look like?

If I had a scanner, I'd place a picture of my ex-wife on the board.
Satan's daughter, demon - close enough for government work.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
LOL...
That bad, huh?

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The looks weren't bad, but to say that she makes lesser demons wince in fear is not much of an understatement.

Oh well. Ex-wives. You can't live with'em, and the law won't allow you to kill'em.

I'm sure some of the girls here feel the same way about some Sons of Satan!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join