It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Practical Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hi there,

I keep seeing a lot of theoretical threads, but not many practical ones. So I'm hoping some of us can use this thread to list, as often as we want to, what we've been doing in an effort to remind ourselves that some of us aren't just thinking about things, but actually doing things.

So whatever we're doing that we feel like sharing, (I get that some stuff is personal.) if we can post in here every so often it might help inspire others into doing things and give a good idea of the variation of methods we're using.

So it could be meditating, mantras, prayers, spells, astral travel, exercise, etc, etc. Whatever it is, if we keep it going it might even help some of us get into routines. Personally I'll be posting here mainly to log meditation. Whatever it is you do though, if you can log even a tiny bit of it here we might have a decent thread going.

And no theorizing please! Practical stuff only. For example :

I meditated for around 30 mins. Once this morning for about 10 minutes sitting, walking meditation for roughly 10 minutes early evening, then later on a sat for a final 10 minutes.

I also did 50 pushups.

I didn't actually do that today, just saying for example. Anyway, no idea if this will stick around or sink, but it's worth a go if it helps anyone or inspires them to do something.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

I keep seeing a lot of theoretical threads, but not many practical ones

Have you seen the survival forums?

If you want to make a blog, do that. I'm fairly certain most members of ATS aren't interested in prayer and magic.

Cheers

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Last week I went through all my old perfumes, have over 400 of them. Sorted out all the ones I know I'll never wear. Boxed them up, with all the unopened shapoos/conditioners lotions creams.I never used,..donated them to a Battered Woman's Shelter. Also stopped by a dollar store on my way there, and picked up a bunch of boxes of crayons and coloring books for any children that might be there.

Not magic...but I'm sure made someone with nothing, feel a little better........

Des

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

So it could be meditating, mantras, prayers, spells, astral travel, exercise, etc, etc. Personally I'll be posting here mainly to log meditation.

Practical stuff only.

We have different opinions on what is practical. But I suppose the things you list aren't killing anyone, so there's that.

As for me, I try to learn somethng new everyday. I watch documentaries, the TED lectures, and everyday ATS members send me searching the internet for the truth on a wide variety of subjects.
edit on 5/2/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
this is soo my thread so listen up:
don't get angry you lose time and mess up
(you can choose to be incredibly sarcastic instead or else ignore it, think! you don't have to get angry for anything)
always give full attention to the person or to the song or to the thought or to the lesson, etc. Your body can get tired but can you say your attention gets tired? how often you think about problems even if you are tired?

attention is something you should put all your efforts into since it won't be much painful to train (and in the end will make anything else easier to do.
lazy postures are something people overlook and don't connect to their health but it is indeed very important to mantain a correct posture most of the time. don't get all stretched up at once or it will tire you soon (mind and body) try to get just a little more straight and improve that in the weeks you will be taller and more awesome also.
lazy thinking is a problem EVERYONE overlooks i mean even I in some occasion (and i'm all into the thinking right stuff) i find myself giving the fast answer that lets me not do the thinking.. that's wrong! i mean all kind of BS arises from misunderstandings making you wasting energy in getting things right afterward.
so "always think it anew when you think about it".
also i find it very handy to think about the way i want things to sort out instead of what i should expect judging by past experiences..
even if you don't usually buy the "frequency of thought" stuff you have to admit that whenever you were able to get something you wanted, you were already in the state of mind of getting it at all costs and if it wasn't this way maybe it backfired on you... that's because if you think you don't or wont get the things that you want, even when you will get them you won't recognize that, you won't enjoy them and use them in the best way, and then they'll go away..
always think you are on the right track and when you think you're wrong show it to yourself finding a better way to do things.
last thing for now:
love people as you wish but remember that even if they love you as you are, you can probably be much better

edit on 2-5-2012 by RAZzullix because: ehm ehm grammar

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
i am relocating the low, creeping type of grass which one finds next to the paved streets around here

the grass is very hardy, almost drought resistant...
and spreads out rather quickly instead of growing tall as most of the broad leafed 'centipede' grasses around here do
i have sprigs the area of about 1,800 SQ Ft so far, with about that much more to still do
so the lawn will be a low-maintenance lawn...

just have to grow patches of the wild grass until stout enough to relocate, it takes time

i'll get pics in the future to show what i mean

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

I keep seeing a lot of theoretical threads, but not many practical ones

Have you seen the survival forums?

If you want to make a blog, do that. I'm fairly certain most members of ATS aren't interested in prayer and magic.

Cheers

Well that is a massive generalisation which judging by the numerous threads and topics on both, is quite wrong. If you have no interest feel free to move on and check out the survival forums and leave the input of this topic for the rest of us.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Again, I don't understand the response from some members. The OP is asking for people to share their daily practices of magick and or similiar topics, such as meditation etc.

It is completely off -topic to post quips about your normal, run of the mill routines which he is not asking about.

To the OP i tried a very similiar thread A jounral of personal development and it fizzled very quickly.

Not trying to derail your thread in anyway, just seems that it's very difficult to get people to share or keep a on-going interest.

Hope your thread has more luck than mine lol.
edit on 2-5-2012 by The 5th because: .

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

I'm not on about a blog, well at least not a personal one anyway, I'm bothered about what some of us can do collectively to give others ideas and inspiration. And I'd bet that a lot higher percentage of the users of this forum are interested in prayer and magic than most other forums on here. Me personally? I'm just bothered about meditation at the moment really, but it's not about me personally, like I said.

Anyway, it was partly inspired by a thread from this forum that I saw not so long back, about meditating for 30 days, and that was very similar. People meditated, then logged what they did each day. I'm not sure how it turned out, but it was the idea that I thought was a good one. This is basically just an expansion where it's not limited to meditation or a timeframe.
edit on 2-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Well, I am a practical person.

I don't spend much time meditating - usually only when I can't fall asleep at night.

I don't spend any time praying, mostly because I don't see a reason to. I do give thanks, frequently, but just in general. To whomever may be listening, I suppose.

I don't do any magic because I don't know any magic.

So, here is what I do: I learn.

I teach myself new things all the time. I ask questions, find answers, write out my thoughts. I keep myself busy.

Currently, I am changing my whole brain wiring from a negative person to a positive person, I am learning how to knit, expanding my seasonal garden by about 20 square feet, taking care of seedlings, preparing to build a rock wall with rocks I've found in my yard, I just learned how to make dandelion jelly from dandelions I found in my front and back yards (but have to reset it because I didn't use enough pectin... and now I know to use double the pectin for a recipe), challenging myself by increasing my stamina/endurance while speed walking, spending time with my kids and actually paying attention to what they do and say, preparing to make homemade soap and candles because I've always had an interest in this, working on finishing up some music I've been recording for like a year, reading several books, helping a friend who is going through cancer treatments to change her lifestyle, and sharing my experiences just to share them.

Above all, I am enjoying life. I only have the one. Very practical, in the scheme of things.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i have photos of the grass i'm growing/transplanting...
but photo bucket wants about $2 per moth...NO WAY JOSE !

and the 'fix-photo' site that re-sizes and re-formats cam corder pics is coming up empty with a 404 error default

i am really interested in providing the images of the creeping-grass that is less broad-leafed than the conventional centipede grass here in SC

anyone got a clue on what to do?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You can use the ATS uploads in the Tools section to host your pictures here.

You can resize in Paint if you have to, but you can just upload to ATS and post the link that your picture is assigned.

top topics

join