It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from EnlightenedEmpress!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Like so many other posters, I've lurked for quite a while. I've read my share of interesting things and finally decided tonight I might have some valuable thoughts or opinions to add.

A brief introduction to who I am would probably begin with the fact that I have always been fascinated by things unexplained and mysterious to me. I was raised in a very religious family and remember vividly being scolded for watching Unsolved Mysteries as a child because it was evil... or something silly like that. There are so many topics I'm interested in: Alien/UFO phenomena, cryptozoology, ghosts or similar paranormal experiences, past lives, OOBEs, conspiracies, time travel, and probably many other topics I'm not thinking of right now. I think listening to Coast to Coast for many years has opened my mind to many possibilities. I've also watched too many documentaries and television programs to count on all the aforementioned subjects. I'm always open to new ideas but I try to remain skeptical and reasonable.

My personal experiences are actually very limited in anything extremely mysterious. I have a couple stories to share. I will wait and save them for appropriate times and when I'm an established member of the community. I only have one person to talk to about these things in real life (my boyfriend/soul mate/best friend), and I am excited to find others from around the world that have similar interests.

On the basic details side, I am in my late 20's, female, in a serious relationship, and have a darling Yorkie-Poo named Luna. I live in the midwest, work in a popular video game retail store, and I'm trying to complete my court reporting program. I'm almost done and it's very difficult, but rewarding. I'm looking forward to starting a career and a family soon. I have insomnia frequently and I'll likely always be on in the middle of the night, at least in my time zone!

Thanks for listening to my introduction and I honestly look forward to contributing to and learning from this community.

Empress

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
You've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome EnlightenedEmpress

Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from and to add your thoughts to.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

(BTW) I think Yorkie-Poos are pretty darn cute..

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenedEmpress

Explanation: Welcome to ATS.
OL is sure a mod will be along soon [edit: JA was very fast
] with an informative post to help you get started.

Reply to this post using the reply button up top right of this post and that will be one more post towards your mandatory 20post before you can start any threads of your own.

Personal Disclosure: I recommned achieving 150posts so that you may access the ATS chat room.

Goodluck

edit on 2-5-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add the edit.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenedEmpress

Welcome to the ATS Family...you'll fit in quite well here....

Des

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride you're on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hi! Welcome to the community!

P

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thank you to everyone so far for the warm welcome and the very cute puppy picture! I'll behave, I promise!

I think next step will be to add an avatar, so I'm grateful for the links! Thanks again!

top topics

join