It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance is bliss regardless of melanin count

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I know that tensions between blacks and whites is suddenly on a lot of people's minds. But I have my own perspective on the whole thing.

There's that typical black gangsta culture. You know:

Black gangsta culture that glorifies violence and considers going to jail a right of passage. Where ignorance is a cultural imperative, and even trying to get a halfway decent education will get you beaten within an inch of your life or ridiculed to the point of suicide.

Your prototypical white redneck culture is pretty much exactly same. I ought to know; my family's been poor white mountain trash for generations.

I know of a private resort/campground place in the mountains of NC where you couldn't go if you were black until 01 or 02 without risking your life. I also know of places where you can't walk down the street if you're white without risking your life.

I know of plenty of incidences with a black gangsta type where a mild insult resulted in somebody being put in the hospital. I know of the exact same thing in white redneck circles.

I know of devout Democrats that didn't vote for Obama because of his race. I also know of black people who voted for Obama only because of his race.

Black gangsta culture and white trash culture is different in nothing but the melanin count.

But ignorance is frickin bliss, man.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Haha thank you so much for pointing this out.

Stupid comes in a whole spectrum of skin tones and usually the more ignorant the person the more violent.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

why everybody soapboxing on the whole race issue thats old news in america.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Because my box is pretty and soap tastes like strawberries

top topics

join