It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New home, odd voices at 4am, dark animal running from room to room?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The sounds of talking don't sound like an actual haunting of spirits not at rest. It sounds like the kind of looping of an old event playing over and over. My parents experienced that in a house they rented when my dad was in the military. They would hear someone taking a shower in their bathroom and when my dad would go to check, of course he found nothing. But the sounds were very distinct and clear, of a person going through their routine of showering and getting ready....for bed or work, I don't remember anymore. I'll have to ask my dad if this was at night or in the morning. I don't think they experienced any other strangeness in that house but again, I'd have to double check on that.

A good friend of mine insists she has a ghost dog in her house. I've got another friend who says he and his wife have a ghost cat.

I'm definitely familiar with small fast moving shadow beings like you describe but I've never been convinced they are of a cat. And I usually only experience them as a precursor to larger shadow beings cropping up or more scary kinds of stuff like moving intense drafts that follow me around. Now I don't mess around...when the shadow kitties show up, I bless the house and put salt all around the perimeter of the rooms I can do that in. I'm kind of stuck about what to do with the rooms that have hardwood flooring that salt is likely to stain.

The most recent time I had a "ghost cat" experience, we could sort of see it and it was a cat and the freaky thing is it looked like a cat that we have that is very much alive and does the same exact things. And I had one incident around that time of feeling a cat get up and lay on me in the bed and purr. I got up, and searched the bed and only found one cat sleeping away from the bed, and the purr was still vibrating and going on. I got back into the bed and just shrugged it all off and it eventually went away, or I went to sleep, I don't remember. I'll have to see if I posted about it. At that time I felt the ghost cat was a time glitch.

We get a lot of those in my house. I will hear the exact sounds my husband makes leaving for work or coming back from work, but these sounds always happen AFTER he has already left, or BEFORE he is arriving. I've had those sounds fool my parents and in-law's when they were visiting. It's an uncanny thing and I think relates to how houses somehow store or record our routine actions and play them back. So perhaps not every haunting has a consciousness behind it.

Try to let go of your fear and let your trained investigator side take over. Make notes and see if you conclude that a lot of your hauntings are residual recordings. I don't know why but some houses just seem prone to such things. Is there a stream that runs over or underground near your house? Even a sump pump or any kind of flowing water?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by sarra1833
Heck, I'm even going to try and debunk this crap and I've been a paranormal investigator for over 10 years now.

I sadly don't have any equipment aside from a camcorder someone gave me for my bday but it needs a battery and such which I'll remedy fast.

Seems rather odd that you have been a "paranormal investigator" for over 10 years but have not even simple cheap items a paranormal investigator would have. Such as a Voice recorder/cheap camcorder. Hell most cell phones have a video recorder on them....crappy video is better than none.

another cheap slam from you .. contribute or get off the thread ..

2nd*

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Hi Sarrra,

S&F for this~! Thx for taking the time to document your findings so far; check my profile for creepy stuff happening to me and other in my household in my thread Disappearing & Reappearing House Items.

As for the voices, I think I've documented most of mine in that thread.. we moved but, we still get an occasions of paranormal stuff happening..

new topics

<< 1   >>

join