Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

New home, odd voices at 4am, dark animal running from room to room?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Check my past posts, I'm NOT one for freaking out or fabricating stuff (except my rambling about politics but don't listen to me there. xD). Heck, I'm even going to try and debunk this crap and I've been a paranormal investigator for over 10 years now. But I really want to post this stuff here and get some online opinions as well from you all. Though you're not HERE, it still helps give me a few more options.

My 17 yo son and I live in a townhouse we just moved into. We have the two bedrooms upstairs with the shower. We ARE attached, and have neighbors on the right side: a grandma, her 20 yo daughter and the daughters 5 yo son. The wall separating our townhomes does unite our bedrooms. Our townhome is on the west side, theirs is going east if that helps.

Every single night around 4am approximately, my son and I get woken by a man and a child talking loudly, but it sounds as if it's in our own bedrooms or on the stairs leading up to our rooms- opposite side of the neighbors bedrooms. There is a home across from ours on the East, but there is a good 15 foot gap between the houses. Only a young mother with two small kids live there. No males.

This male sounds roughly '40 to 50' and the child sounds male, maybe 10 or 7?
It's clear as if they were right in the rooms with us. You all know the difference between 'outside voices', 'muffled from neighbors in THEIR homes' voices and voices in the same room as you. These are definitely the latter.

I have checked everywhere, hanging out the windows in my room to see if it IS someone getting ready for work maybe or talking - it's dead silent outside. No activity, everyone is in bed, etc.

For the animal, thing, whatever it is, I have seen it out of the corner of my eye dart across the hall into my kids room, it's ran over his feet, yet it's one of those 'don't see it head on, ever' kinds of deals. You hear it, feel it, sense it, see it with the corner of the eye but that is it.

I don't do animal ghost/spirits well at all. That just wiggles me out something fierce

I constantly hear something snuffling around upstairs, going through stuff like a curious dog would or something like that and it bothers me immensely. Going upstairs brings silence fully. Or it will do something in another room and stop when I go there only to repeat in the last room I was in. I heard it 'huff' on the stairs earlier tonight and my blood went cold. Yes, I'm an investigator but I also have fears like anyone. I'm only human. That crap scares the bejesus out of me.

No, I don't think I feel any malevolence at all. Not from this thing or the man and kid but it's just..... odd. I sadly don't have any equipment aside from a camcorder someone gave me for my bday but it needs a battery and such which I'll remedy fast. I know the buildings were built in 1960. The rest of the land, I do not know the history, but I'll check at the library and see if there are records of it all.

Just figured I'd toss this up here and you know. If I get some pics and can't figure them out, of course I'll post. I'd rather have a few other eyes eyeball it and let me know what it is they feel they see, etc. For now, it's just text and sorry about that. i know I LOVE having pics to look at while reading someone's situation. My situation is sadly more aural than visual. That's the kind of thing even if you DO catch on tape, it's easy to think it's just someone rustling things etc.

This field some times, haha. So interesting. I personally love to debunk and such. Those very rare times where it IS a true haunting make all the debunks well worth it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

Every single night around 4am approximately, my son and I get woken by a man and a child talking loudly,

This male sounds roughly '40 to 50' and the child sounds male, maybe 10 or 7?
It's clear as if they were right in the rooms with us.

So, with their "conversation" being so loud and so clear and as you say, "right in the room with us", then I'm assuming that you have NO probs whatsoever in discerning what they're talking about and will be able to summarize it for us ?

And because it's a "regular" occurrence at 4am EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, then why haven't you audio recorded it and made it available to us for examination ?
edit on 2/5/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Heck, I'm even going to try and debunk this crap and I've been a paranormal investigator for over 10 years now.

I sadly don't have any equipment aside from a camcorder someone gave me for my bday but it needs a battery and such which I'll remedy fast.

Seems rather odd that you have been a "paranormal investigator" for over 10 years but have not even simple cheap items a paranormal investigator would have. Such as a Voice recorder/cheap camcorder. Hell most cell phones have a video recorder on them....crappy video is better than none.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If I might suggest something to check? When you hear this again, hop into something decent enough to go outside in and look at the front of their side as best you can see for the sidewalk or whatever. Are there any lights on?

It's a weird thing about the acoustics in the house I have but I can hear my wife and son from my back office area to one room on the other side and their voices are usually distorted. The vents run through the HVAC unit in between and that acoustic effect isn't there on any other vents in the house. Just that one point to point....

Notably here though, the effect for that one room goes both directions. She can hear the murmur of my TV back here, but again...muffled and only that run.
Acoustics can be really odd.

I might add....Until we all realized what this was and the effect we were hearing (it took a couple years living here and occasionally catching it) it sounded like voices in the walls themselves... really weird. Of course, finding the source, it really was voices in the walls. lol
edit on 2-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
When I moved down here, it's 5 hrs from my organization up by Chicago. I'm in S Illinois now. I gave my equipment to my cofounder to use since I wasn't going to be able to start up any chapters down here for a while. I've not had the time nor money to start one up or bother to get more equipment, truly. I've only been here since the 22nd of April so we've been unpacking boxes and setting up. When I hear the voices, it's 4am and I'm so exhausted I kind of just fall back to sleep.

Like I said, I'm going to be getting a digital voice recorder soon as I can in the next two weeks once I'm paid. I can afford that. Definitely I'm going to keep it running and see what I get. I wanted to also make absolute sure it wasn't just me or my son hearing normal joes talking - which I still think it has to be that. Maybe something makes it sound like it's 'right there in the same room'. Either way, it's odd and yeah, I'll be running a recording device soon as I get one. I really wasn't planning on starting another org., though it's in my blood to do so. I miss it, but really, down here, there isn't many into this kind of stuff and I'd have to drive an hour to get to any big towns where the potential could happen. That's only a 'could' too. If anything, I'd no doubt end up joining an already set up group ; though as I said, it'd no doubt be an hours drive away. With gas as it is....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Most phones have audio recorders within them you could use to capture evps. My phone actually works better than my audio recorder.

from what you've seen, how big do you think the animal is? To me it sounds like your describing a mouse. Those little guys are quick!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

When I hear the voices, it's 4am and I'm so exhausted I kind of just fall back to sleep.

I truly find the above somewhat hard to believe.
If I had "voices" materializing in my room EVERY night and at loud enough volume to wake me (even being "exhausted"), I'm sure that adrenaline & curiousity would quickly kick in and no way would I be going back to sleep with loud "ghostly communication" going on in my bedroom !

Ok, so you're exhausted every night when woken at 4am ... but surely by now you must have a good idea of what they're talking about ... I mean, c'mon now ......

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hard to describe. The voices are clear, yet not to a discernable 'this is what they're talking about'. I honestly don't know HOW to describe it. It's as if the man is almost... imparting wisdom or advice to the kid; think grandpa telling his grandson how to do something. It's always the same cadence as if the discussion doesn't change. He'll say something and the kid replies with what sounds like an affirmation.

I'm determined to get this on tape. My cofounder is actually coming to a visit next month to see the new house when he's free; I'm definitely having him bring our equipment down. We got everything from emf readers to evp recorders, head flashlights, camcorders, night vision scopes, IR thermometers, digital and analogue recorders, motion detectors, alarms, K2 meters, etc etc etc. Even if it turns out to be a man and child walking at 4am for some reason outside and talking loudly, it will still be fun to do a lights out investigation, definitely.

Plus I get to see my bud on top of it. Win all around. If we gather evidence, even more win.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Most phones have audio recorders within them you could use to capture evps. My phone actually works better than my audio recorder.

from what you've seen, how big do you think the animal is? To me it sounds like your describing a mouse. Those little guys are quick!

We've both seen from the eye corner, it's roughly small dog sized, like a cocker spaniel but a little smaller. Makes me wish I had a camcorder on both temples so I could play it back xD

That would definitely stop the whole 'out of the corner of my eye' crap.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'll definitely give that a shot. I really want to believe it's that or someone outside at the same time every night. It's just the kid that's so odd. Who would have a kid out that late?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Ok, I won't labour the point anymore but will wait until you get your gear and provide some substantiating evidence ... then we'll talk some more.

Slightly off topic ... you mention performing a "lights out" investigation.
Perhaps you might be able to enlighten me why all the reality tv shows, and obviously yourself, seem to believe that ghosts and the paranormal require darkness to do "their stuff". Why would the ambient lighting make any difference to the paranormal ? What's the science behind their light phobia ?
edit on 2/5/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Yikes. That sounds like a Burrosian Door Dog.

Creepy!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Yikes. That sounds like a Burrosian Door Dog.

Creepy!

A "Burrosian Door Dog."

ROFL. That made my night xD

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Marking it for tomorrow. I have to get some sleep for an exam tomorrow.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Ok, I won't labour the point anymore but will wait to you get your gear and provide some substantiating evidence ... then we'll talk some more.

Slightly off topic ... you mention performing a "lights out" investigation.
Perhaps you might be able to enlighten me why all the reality tv shows, and obviously yourself, seem to believe that ghosts and the paranormal require darkness to do "their stuff". Why would the ambient lighting make any difference to the paranormal ? What's the science behind their light phobia ?

Thanks. I really hope nothing turns up and it's just outside crap from living normal people to be honest. I'd so say that here too if it was. I'd be relieved. I love investigating - but not my own home, you know?

For the second question, the 'lights out' actually means to turn everything off: electric, everything. Kill the power. You do a baseline reading with everything running normally and write down the results. Once you go 'lights out', you have zero things running anywhere. So during the investigation, if you get high numbers, and that ac isn't live or that microwave isn't live, etc., you know it could potentially be something giving off something strong the emf is picking up. It's said the energy from spirits/ghosts give off electromagnetic fields. Most are low, of course, but if there are zero readings with appliances etc off, and you get one, it's something to consider, though there are reasons why it's not set in stone as stand alone proof of course. Basically the general 'accepted numbers for potential spirits' is anything from 2.0 to around 7.0 give or take on the high end. Anything more and it's going to be naturally created. Anything less, same thing. I was more the EVP person than the EMF however; that's Alex's field personally. I'm more about catching disembodied sounds/voices on tape and trying to figure out what it is so I'm a little shaky on the whole EMF descriptions etc. If anything is off, that's just due to me not really being into that aspect of the investigations.

Also 'lights out' in the literal sense for some keeps the eye sharp. Its why astronomers use red lights on their star finders or apps; night blindness/ vision. If you have lights on, you may not see something in the cam as well as if it's pitch dark and all you see is what you see via the IR and/or night vision. Some prefer to investigate with lights on. I suppose it's to each their own. But another thing, when you can't see, your other senses pick up a little more to compensate. It's not as well as someone who's been, say, blind by birth, but you /do/ tend to hear more things and are more alert as you're focused more.

I do think shows like Ghost Hunters et al do it too for more 'spooky' appeal for the camera, but yes, it is a practice a lot of regular investigators take on as well. It seems too, more things are picked up in the dark parts of night. Is it because people are sleeping and things aren't running like they do during the day and therefore we get better readings? No doubt. I've heard of many evidences being captured in the day time too. Again, it's all preference, truly.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have to pass out. I've been up way too late as is and I have that 'need sleep now' headache. I'll reply to any added posts once I wake.
Night all and thanks. ^_^

Burrosian Door Dog.

loooooool.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod

We've both seen from the eye corner, it's roughly small dog sized, like a cocker spaniel but a little smaller. Makes me wish I had a camcorder on both temples so I could play it back xD

That would definitely stop the whole 'out of the corner of my eye' crap.

Cat perhaps? I've known people who have phantom cats in their houses. They know it's not their imaginations, as this guy I knew and his wife (used to be good friends a long time ago, not just randoms) would have an in joke about their 'ghost cat' but never really talk about it, they say it would always be out of the corner of their eye, but it was persistent enough that they couldnt put it down to just shadows. Then one day someone we both knew was at their place and asked "How long have you had a cat, I didn't know you had one." and they just stared at each other. He had supposedly seen the 'shadow' darting from the room they were all in, to the hallway where the bedrooms were.

The guy who lived there was pretty attuned to certain things. Used to hear and feel breathing on his neck in the mornings where this cat lived also. That I cannot say anything about, but he swears it was not his wife.

I wish I had a ghost cat, I can only imagine that as aware cats are while alive, to have one be with you on the other side, would be awesome.

The talking almost sounds like sleep hypnagogia, the indiscernible talking that has the cadence of a conversation. I've had that many times, early in the morning, but you say both your son and you...

Record record record!!!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You've still got a sense of humor, so I am guessing everything will be fine!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Marking it for tomorrow. I have to get some sleep for an exam tomorrow.

Hope your exam went well! I had/have the fingers crossed. I meant to reply before passing out haha. Sorry about that.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Put a bowl of salt under both your beds if you want this to stop.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join