It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama addresses the camera, no troops allowed!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Is everyone off their rocker tonight? Someone explain to me how this video is "green screened".

Ya know, what struck me odd about this when I saw it happen "live" was, the amount of cheering. Watch it muted, and while doing so, note the amount of hands clapping. Not a whole lot. Then, turn on the volume. The clapping and cheering doesn't match the audience. Not one bit. It wasn't green screened obviously, but some other doctoring was sure done. The hands can't be clapping, they are mostly all taking pics.

Just something I noted, I expected to see several hundred more people as the camera continued to pan on back, hands in air wildly clapping, cheering, but uhm... no.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Libertygal because: ETA stuff

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yep, he was there

Do some research.
Get over it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

The point I was making if you read the whole thread with my other posts is that he does this all the time with a green or blue screen he even did it with a video of people behind him making us think it was a live audience!! He's a liar a fake and an evil puppet of the progressives who want to ruin this country. How can anyone trust this guy?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

There were 2 speeches yesterday...I never saw the one you posted when was it televised?? The one that was on national TV was a fake set....why?? And why does he do this all the time even when he is supposed to be in front of a live audience...is it because he's usually on vacation?

fake fake fake fake...liar liar pants on fire...
edit on 2-5-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Interesting pics you've put up there.

Can't help noticing that nobody has a gun in these pics !

As you say a fully active base, yet no visible weapons, the point can be argued that the Executive do not trust their armed forces.

Or is it that the Armed forces no longer trust the Executive ?

Probably a bit of both imho, when your in a foreign country for no good reason....

Cosmic..

link   
Bull spit. This is not a war. This is an occupation. You don't win an occupation. The conquering invaders will always be resisted as long as they are there. You can call them anything you like, they are still just countrymen fighting for their freedom from occupation.

"Enduring Freedom", Lies...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by jimmyx

The point I was making if you read the whole thread with my other posts is that he does this all the time with a green or blue screen he even did it with a video of people behind him making us think it was a live audience!! He's a liar a fake and an evil puppet of the progressives who want to ruin this country. How can anyone trust this guy?

It was a live audience. Their reactions are all too perfect with Obama's words to be otherwise. You can even see a couple of them looking up and to the left (right) to see themselves being recorded. You are just making things up and pretending that you are right
edit on 5-2-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Notice the first few seconds there's no shadow and the lighting of the floor. At the very end he walks away.....there's a shadow and the floor seems different. So weird

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's a bit obvious why he didn't allow troops...they would have all called him out on his speech, just like they did when he used the death of Bin Laden as fodder for his campaign.

His omission of the troops was his attempt to silence them for the time it took to make his speech.

What a load of tripe. I hope he isn't re-elected. Hell, let's take a teacher and put them in office...then take every politician and put their lives on the line, alongside all of the men they thoughtlessly send to die for the stupid crap that makes this government "function". (function...what a laugh
)

Things would change fast. There's nothing like fear to prompt a complete 180...
edit on CWednesdaypm272708f08America/Chicago02 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by DarkATi

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Destinyone

is it just me or is that not the normal way to display a flag? it looks like it might be backwards? or is that just the angle? is not a improperly hung or displayed flag a sign of distress and or an occupied base (soruce black sheep tv show on the history channel where theire base was occupied by japanese so they hung the flag backwards to let pilots know not to land?)

The flag is hung correctly, awkward as it may appear. Stars go to the left (from the viewer's perspective) when hung like that.

Source: www.proadvance.com...

Cheers,
Cody

Thank You Cody, for your polite and informative reply. We did find that out a few posts later in this thread. But, your reply was respectful, and friendly. I Star you for that.

Des

Thanks; I apologize for the late (and redundant) response. I didn't know it had already been cleared up. I appreciate the star, though.

A little more on topic: I think it is a green screen, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything sinister. I have experience working with mid to high-end HD cameras (Sony, mostly) and Final Cut Pro on Mac. I have worked with green screens before, and I can tell you that this shot appears (to my eye) to be a green (or blue) screen shot.

Again, it doesn't mean anything more than the simple fact that it was shot on a screen.

As for the message, I could hardly get through it.

What our President means is that we are going to let Afghanistan be sovereign... unless, we find it in our own best interests to violate their sovereignty. We're bigger than they are, so they'll just have to deal with it.

What are we, bullies on a playground?

Not liking the message, Obama.

Ron Paul revolution. Give me back my Constitution.

Cheers,
Cody

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
Yep, he was there

Do some research.
Get over it.

By the same folks who brought you..The terrorist fist-bump, He isn't an American Citizen, He is a Muslim, He was born in Kenya, He didn't kill Osama Bin Laden ......ad infinium.

Expecting this crew to acknowledge reality? Never going to happen.

The thing is during the Pres. Bush years, agree or disagree the outrage was premised in reality, bills, wars, evidence...not fictional fear mongering crazy crap that makes the SyFi channel look like reality TV.

There is a strong dose of dellusion and paranoia mixed in with the far right these days.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

So why was it light out? Not just the lighting, but behind him...you can argue it all you want but this is a pattern with this poser....I posted other examples...read the whole post.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by solids0be

again i had posted that i was incorrect but thanks for calling me a moron and if you see the link i posted i showed that it was properly hung and that their are atleast 9 different ways to hang a flag correctly

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Can't help noticing that nobody has a gun in these pics !

As you say a fully active base, yet no visible weapons, the point can be argued that the Executive do not trust their armed forces.

They don't bring guns to the mess halls, they don't bring guns to a speech commanding officers or the President. They are soldiers, not cowboys and you watch too much TV if you think that troops bring thier guns to such events.

McCrystal...where are the guns??...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Indigo5

...you can argue it all you want but this is a pattern with this poser....I posted other examples...read the whole post.

It's a pattern all right...from born in Kenya, the BC is fake... all the way to he wasn't in Afghanistan, it's a green-screen...And the endless parade of deluded nonsense in-between.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Obama is a great president. Most troops I know and those who my friends know love OBAMA.

Obama has proven to be a leader through his actions.

Most soldiers respect him.

And the soldiers love him.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It was obviously for Security. There is a remote chance that a "stressed out" US soldier could open fire on him (altho they certainly could have been checked as to ID and for weapons) but a greater chance that some Afghan soldier might dress in a USA uniform and slip in with a weapon and attempt to assassinate the POTUS. I cant blame his security detail for that precaution.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
Obama is a great president. Most troops I know and those who my friends know love OBAMA.

Obama has proven to be a leader through his actions.

Most soldiers respect him.

And the soldiers love him.

Actually that's not really true at all.
As a recently discharged Marine I can tell you hardly anyone likes Obama, and that most of the troops at his speeches are commanded to be there.
edit on 5-2-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
Yep, he was there

Do some research.
Get over it.

Well done man.....Hopefully now some sanity can return to this thread!

Doubt it though, more likely you'll get called a 'Shill' or a 'Troll'.....Seriously, some of the posts in this thread are nothing short of delusional!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I am not even sure what to say, the way some people speak/think really blows my mind away! If you are U.S. Citizens, you should care what the U.S. President has to say, stop worrying about his socks, or green screen or not, seriously! The man never said he was swtanding out on the street! Echoes, yes, palace's are large, the chambersd have been known to echo.
Yeah, this one is a green screen prob, he arrived there in the middle of the night and only went straight to the palace. The flag is correct- there is not a distress signal here, seriously, I am telling you I am blown away by your comments. You know very little, and try to sound as if you know. View pictures for your own sake to understand proper hanging with and without flagpoles.
It matters not if you voted for him, will vote for him, you are uneducated if you do not keep up to speed withwhat is being said.
You do not think that ending a war is a big deal!?! Really? It is history, it is what most of us want to hear, it is important for your country. You want a difference, you have to make a difference, find things you stand for, don't just live in your community, change your community. Do not just stand back like school girls being a bully - picking apart unimportant, and inaccurate details.
edit on 2-5-2012 by MoEskiMo because: Edit: See above poster pic, yes, he was there!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join