Obama addresses the camera, no troops allowed!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

What you are suggesting is that once out of boot camp it is ok to leave your rifle somewhere?

Did I say that? No.

What I am saying, is that if you were to compare being in that boot camp chow hall as per your photo's suggestion, with being in that VIP hanger with Obama, you would see a large number of soldiers/sailors, and none of them would be armed. That doesn't mean they tossed their rifles over the sand dune or hid them under their pillows. The weapons were secured, for the duration of the event.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Those aren't even functioning weapons! We drilled with those old de-armed M-1's in basic training at Great Lakes NTC/RTC. GO NAVY!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I am saying he should be comforted by their being armed.

And enthusiastic about them being present to cheer during his speech.

I wonder why this is not the case...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Those aren't even functioning weapons! We drilled with those old de-armed M-1's in basic training at Great Lakes NTC/RTC. GO NAVY!

GO NAVY! You betcha.

Yes, true. But they are frick'n HEAVY. And heaven help you if your company commander gets it away from you.

One would not want to be bonked with one of those things...

Actually Dad has a 30-06 that I used to shoot as a kid that is the same model. Kicks pretty hard.

After the war the NRA bought a bunch of them and sold them cheaply to members. Can you imagine? Encourage people to own fire arms. What were they thinking?

edit on 3-5-2012 by kawika because: add quote
edit on 3-5-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Link to photo of troops being addressed by Pres Bush, note firearms present.

www.... 25idl.army.mil/Deployment/OEF%20Afghanistan/Deployment/Small/OEF%20Jun17_2004%20President%20Bush%20Speech%20Clamshell3.jpg

www.25idl.army.mil... oyment/18Jun04pictures.htm

Troops pack the "clamshell" on Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan on June 16th to listen to President George W. Bush address troops around the world from MacDill AFB in Tampa, Florida. US Army photo by 1st Sgt. Dave Dyer, 105th MPAD

WEAPONS CLEARLY PRESENT IN THIS PHOTO OF TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN WAITING TO HEAR PRES BUSH SPEAK.

How bout dat...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

No doubt, one of my CC's was a boatswain's mate who liked to beat the crap out of seals as a hobby.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yup. I still remember Chief Teal. Aircraft Bosun Mate. Tough SOB.

Used to use the flag sticks to check alignment during a march. Used to get whacked in the head alot...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Small world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Check U2U

I really miss the 80's...

Hey Blackmark, do you see weapons in that photo posted above? They look like weapons.

No response?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

And where's Bush in that image?

How many 'secret visits' did Bush make to Iraq to meet troops who were also all unarmed;

All it shows is that when Bush (like Obama) assembled troops for these surprise visits and photo ops, the troops were not armed. That doesn't prove anything whatsoever about either being "afraid" of the troops.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You are thinking a televised event...maybe, does not say. Yup, from Tampa by satellite. Got me...

Well, here is another one. Lots of these on line.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Yup, see atleast one weapon in this pic. Guy with glasses has atleast 6 magazines, guy to the left of President Bush has atlest 8 magazines and a pistol ( hand with watch).
One thing I noticed in the above pics with President Bush, the troops actually look happy to see him, where the ones with obama the troops look like they were told to look happy or atleast not unhappy.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Are you suggesting these units weren't screened and vetted by the SS before being allowed to get near the Pres? It's a non-argument about whether troops would be allowed to carry their weapons into a tent/hanger for a televised event with the POTUS, no matter how many times Bush1 or 2, Clinton, or Obama posed with soldiers at some base in Iraq/Afghanistan, armed or not. People in this thread are trying to make a big deal out of the this one event where the troops are not armed, and I've demonstrated that similar events involving Bush also show troops with no arms. In fact the comparative images between Bush and Obama in the same 'surprise visit' assemblies look virtually identical.

At least no one is carrying on about this being "green-screened" anymore. The OP's position that "no troops allowed" has been thoroughly debunked, as has the silly ideas that crept into this thread about the backdrop being green screen or CGI or that Obama was "afraid of his own troops".

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Well, maybe this is all normal.

But usually when these guys make speeches, a crowd is a good thing.

So I am wondering why make the address without the troops present.

And the answer, might be, to prevent recording of negative or mediocre reactions as have occurred recently at baseball games and NASCAR races. Did you hear about that?

Probably even if they wanted to have the troops carry arms the security pros would insist otherwise.

I went to see Pres Bush in person and no one was searched. We just walked on a big field and watched. That was in 2003 I think.

I bet they are using metal detectors these days though.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Probably not a good idea to let Elvis bring his shooting iron to an event like that.

Everybody else though, no problem.
edit on 3-5-2012 by kawika because: added image

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I find it funny that Obama is suddenly visiting Afgan and how People nominated his dog-ugly wife as "the most beautiful".....propaganda bs and media yet again trying to sway the votes. Those that voted for an experienced candidate as a president and give him glory for taking down Osama are blind sheep.....Have a nice day! :-)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
edit on 3-5-2012 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika

WEAPONS CLEARLY PRESENT IN THIS PHOTO OF TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN WAITING TO HEAR PRES BUSH SPEAK.

How bout dat...

I don't see Pres. bush in that picture????....and it looks like a green screen to me....any audio we can review?
edit on 3-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Not to be nit picky, but those don't look to be the same ones......I do not believe this photo op with the troops and the fake live broadcast were done at the same time or in the same place.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I have seen that Disney show...unbelievable...so if that's what Disney has...
Imagine what the government has.

new topics
top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join