Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama addresses the camera, no troops allowed!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I went to YouTube and watched in it full screen .It is green screen for sure.
Oh. My. God.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What I think is funny is the people here who actually think our men and women of service would insult the president by heckling him. Clearly you haven't heard of professionalism, also the fact that armed service is sworn to protect president and country... You children are disillusioned.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
The first thing I noticed was it seems he was in front of a green screen, so where is he actually? Even the husband who is Mr. Debunker to everything I come up with said "He's not in Afghanistan!"

What car bomb??
edit on 2-5-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/2/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
OHHH MY GOD!!!!!

This is too funny!
I LITERALLY got 4 count 'em FOUR seconds into the video and paused it and began laughing.
The way he walked up to the podeum and the feel of the asthetics was just soooo fake.
He may as well have been in front of a mural, finger painted by my 1 yr old.

It would have been just as believable.

At the very least this was a sound stage.

He wasn't actually trying to pass this off as REAL was he???

and before anyone thinks that my rant is politically motivated, I loathe ALL politicians save Ron Paul
and Dennis Kucinich.....and "The Bod".

Please tell me this was not being passed off as real/genuine.
I am embarrassed.
I was laughing out of embarrassment.
Kinda like you would if you saw your boss walking around the office with his toupe' on crooked.

It's funny, but at the same time you are kind of embarrassed for him 'cuz he doesn't know that it's on crooked and he doesn't know that everyone else knows he wears a toupe'.

How sad
......and funny!!!

edit to add:

I am by no means a video expert nor does one need to be in order to question why in the HELL the sound of his footsteps is ECHOING when he walk up to the podeum!!!!!!!!

ECHOING OFF OF WHAT?!?!?!?!
The friggin' armored vehicles in the background?
More like the four walls that are around him.
Probably the ROCK WALLS of the bunker he is in.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-5-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The green screen theory has now been thoroughly debunked by Hydroman with the video he posted. Anybody who continues to argue that the whole background is green screen is either delusion or deliberately ignoring the truth. Does that mean this isn't staged? Of course not. If anything, it looks like they rented a set somewhere, parked three trucks, and recorded it. This "It feels like a green screen and I'll believe it no matter what lol" stuff is not denying ignorance; it's ignoring evidence.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

not denying ignorance...it's ignoring evidence.

This has nothing to do with the veracity of your post...but I really like the turn of this phrase

I think I'm going to use it as a signature

"Denying ignorance and ignoring evidence, one post at a time"
edit on 2-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by C13R1C
reply to post by brock78

Oh really now? Would you like to be thousands of miles from home in harm's way doing things that bring your moral fiber into question?

Like what? What are they doing that would make them fear for their souls? (bringing moral fiber into question)

I didn't say anything about them fearing for their souls. I simply said they've got to be questioning their morals. Killing people is not something that comes to or sits easy with most human beings. They have to deal with the personal turmoil caused by their actions...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The post really started out as a statement about the nature and setting of the presidents statement as it relates to the politics at hand. If it is greenscreen'd or not I do not know. Technology is amazing, but I didn't start this about a greenscreen.

This topic was about why he would address the nation (interrupted wheel of fortune, OTA, all channels) from such a scripted and controlled soundstage in some bunker. The hero's of the day again getting snubbed not by his words, but rather by his actions. This is a CYA exercise from his recent campaign commercial gaff and DOES demonstrate...

1. FEAR
2. UNCERTAINTY
3. DISCONCERN

...from our Commander in Chief.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Let me take this one step further and let you all know that

THE VIDEO IS A HOLOGRAM- THAT'S NOT OBAMA YOU ARE SEEING. Take another LOOK.

The eyes are not in sync are have no affect

The shadows are inconsistent and don't line up.

His mole keeps moving.

The mouth creases are messed up.

And much more weirdness I'll let you notice.

For more information see this GLP thread:

www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The first video posted is green screen. The second video is not. why was the green screen video made? I am starting to think this is not some much of any kind of conspiracy or something but more likely just some dumb idea some one had. It could be the green screen video was made with no ill intent but just got blown out of proportion.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I do not need to get my news from FOX to know that this statement, the one that he interrupted the majority of Americans with, was pure political propaganda. The fact that EVERY detail of it was controlled, manipulated and scripted just shows the character of our leader.

When he wants your undivided attention to listen to HIM, no one will get in the way including the troops. This was a CYA exercise for his political campaigns gaff commercial recently. Megalomaniac anyone? Just start listening to his words, who is he always talking about? I and Me.

Those calling out people in this thread as children, grow up.
edit on 2-5-2012 by jollyjollyjolly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am retired military and I did not vote for President Obama. I relay this to give my perspective. I am more alarmed by the complete lack of respect many of you show for the President of the United States than wondering if he's sitting in a green room. I realize this is a conspiracy site, so "we" can talk about "them", but some of your posts make me worried about where this country is going. There might be a good reason why the President is not in front of some troops, but I doubt the Secret Service is going to run these reasons by me or you so we can decide if they're legitimate. I'll give my political opinion about the President when I cast my private vote in November. Until then, I'm going to respect the office, the man, and our country. Just my opinion. I'll respect yours if you respect mine.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
what i don't understand is how he can gloat about bin laden when it's clearly done nothing for the war effort. even in iraq, toward the end, bush could speak freely enough to be within distance of a shoe throwing, haha. obama doesn't even seem to think he's safe around his own men in afghanistan. that's nothing to brag about at all.
edit on 2-5-2012 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tippys Dad

I was unaware that we had to respect ANYONE who didn't deserve our respect.

Is it expected of a child to respect his abusive adulterating father?

Where I come from,
Respect is earned not given.
My respect isn't free, you have to work for it.
When he earns my respect I will surely give it to him.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jollyjollyjolly

Disarm the troops before they're allowed in the same room with him? Good call. I mean, they just had a nutjob walk off of the base and kill a bunch of women and children, correct? Some people witnesses claim more soldiers were involved. Maybe, maybe not.

Greenscreen? Really? At the end, I know I watched him walk away between the 2 vehicles. The lighting made it look 2 dimensional. Normally, the lighting in a room doesn't look that way, but when you light the background as well as the foreground, you lose depth in the camera. And yes, I have operated a TV camera, and I am familiar with stage lighting professionally.

Bush Sr. would go to Iraq wearing a military jacket and have photos taken. Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld..... Clinton, G.W. Bush.....hell, he flew in on a fighter jet wearing a pilot's uniform! They all do it, and they all do it for the same reason, so don't act like it's unheard of. It's part of what modern Presidents and other officials do.

I swear, the polarization really cracks me up sometimes. Any excuse to criticize or make a mountain out of a mole hill...and while the Left, the Right, and the the unfortunate Center scrambles for influence and control, the corporations get richer, they consolidate their power, and they take over our political system.
Why turn a critical eye to Big Oil when you can pick on the LGBT community for wanting equal Civil Rights ???
I mean Gays aren't getting abortions after all, so why sweat it?
edit on 2-5-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Fake backdrop is fake.

And what the hell is with the reverb? Reverb outside? Who the hell do they think they are fooling?

There's something so eerily contrived about this video.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

That only holds water if you believe 100% that the speech was live.

There is something wrong with the video....period.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Birth Certificate, take 2

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would have laughed so hard if one of the technicians tripped and knocked the backdrop over.

Reminded me of this:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
There is no green screen behind Obama.

What you see is what you get.

A stage with both front and foreground lighting, probably in a warehouse.

The "extra" reverb is the fault of an inattentive sound tech. Normally the president's
speeches have ~a little~ added reverb and echo. In this instance the sound tech didn't
factor in the natural resonance of the open room. That's why at first it sounds so
hollow.

What I find suspect is the content of the speech. All I heard was...

blah, blah, blah....we won't be fighting a war anymore. We are just here to provide security
for pipelines, drilling rigs, mining operations, and to keep massive amounts of wasteful
taxpayer dollars flowing into Halliburton, BlackWater and other interests of the military industrial
complex

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join