It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Rifle Association

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Is it just a database for the US government to easily keep tabs on American gun owners? I believe it is. More than 3 million members. That's a pretty extensive list of names I am sure. I, personally, would never join the NRA.

While widely recognized today as a major political force and as America's foremost defender of Second Amendment rights, the NRA has, since its inception, been the premier firearms education organization in the world. But our successes would not be possible without the tireless efforts and countless hours of service our nearly three million members have given to champion Second Amendment rights and support NRA programs. As former Clinton spokesman George Stephanopoulos said, "Let me make one small vote for the NRA. They're good citizens. They call their Congressmen. They write. They vote. They contribute. And they get what they want over time."

NRA Headquarters

[edit on 28-9-2004 by WuvLove]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WuvLove
Is it just a database for the US government to easily keep tabs on American gun owners? I believe it is. More than 3 million members. That's a pretty extensive list of names I am sure. I, personally, would never join the NRA.

Is that a picture of you in your avatar? If so, why is your helmet on backward?

I have never considered that the NRA database could be a source of gun owners names for the government, but I don't consider that to be a major concern. Things would have to get very bad indeed, before that database could find its way into the hands of the government.

No one is more vigilant in terms of the Second Amendment that the NRA. I am a Benefactor Member and I have been a Golden Eagle for several years running.

I would recommend NRA membership to anyone who reveres the Constitution, for the Second Amendment is the Amendment by which all our other rights are guaranteed. Why do you think the left has been after the Second Amendment so vociferously for so long?

I believe in freedom and I would gladly ventilate the brain-housing group of anyone who intends to deprive me of my God-given rights but, until such extreme action is required, a membership in the NRA is the best and least expensive way to preserve liberty for all Americans, whether they deserve it or not.

new topics

join