It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many blacks beat white couple, media bury attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
This will incite more black on white violence as it is not reported because that is just what these black thugs want.

You do realize that this has been going on for years right? It's well known to those who look at crime statistics that whites are on the short end of that statistic. Showing that a black male is several times more likely to commit a crime against a person of the opposite race then that of a white person.

Blacks are also overly represented in these statistics, meaning they commit more black on white crime then that of white on black crime. The media, as they have been doing for years on end, choose to ignore that fact. Instead, they only report on white on black crime trying to make it look like it's whites who are ignorant, racist and volatile.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by kimish

Straight from the T&C:

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone

And If I was guilty of any of the above I apologize and feel free to point out examples so that other members may learn from my mistakes.

Thank you for the reminder.

Back on topic, What can be done to solve the issue, to nip it in the bud, so to speak?
I blame it on parenting and the sad and unfortunate state of our "education" system.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Um well I have two half black children I am by no means a racist, and by no means do advocate ANY violence. I am only reporting the news and pointing out facts.

What exactly do you see wrong with what I have posted?

-Alien

Its been posted multiple times. Its is sensationalist, and now that it is on WND has changed from "dozens" to "a hundred". I highly doubt you have two half black children, or you wouldnt be posting racially divisive crap like this. You can see how this is racially divisive and what response it gets here, right?

You would want some of these comments on these threads made toward your kids??

Two weeks have passed since reporters Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami - friends to me and many others at the newspaper - were attacked on a Saturday night as they drove home from a show at the Attucks Theatre. They had stopped at a red light, in a crowd of at least 100 young people walking on the sidewalk. Rostami locked her car door. Someone threw a rock at her window. Forster got out to confront the rock-thrower, and that's when the beating began.

hamptonroads.com.nyud.net...

This is from a different source stating 100 on sidewalk....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Please stick to the topic at hand and refrain from derailing the thread.

Thank you.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Look deeper.... at the Hampton roads OPINION piece...

It is written to incite more divide...

not written to implicate a hidden bias..

Let's be better than to fall for the bait.

It's what they want.. who are they?

A bunch of folks of diverse colors and cultures.. all bound by greed and power.... with none of the day to day struggles that most of us here... of diverse cultures and colors are dealing with...

Lose the hatred.. focus on the real issue at hand?

Are we so weak as to regress to RACE.... I certainly hope not.. I think we are smarter than that..

So now we have to alter the actual news to make people like you comfortable?
If that's how a situation occurred, that's how it happened and should be reported as such.
The " criminals" should not have done what they did. THAT SIMPLE!!
And the cops should have done more to protect the citizens around there.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Look deeper.... at the Hampton roads OPINION piece...

It is written to incite more divide...

not written to implicate a hidden bias..

Let's be better than to fall for the bait.

It's what they want.. who are they?

A bunch of folks of diverse colors and cultures.. all bound by greed and power.... with none of the day to day struggles that most of us here... of diverse cultures and colors are dealing with...

Lose the hatred.. focus on the real issue at hand?

Are we so weak as to regress to RACE.... I certainly hope not.. I think we are smarter than that..

So now we have to alter the actual news to make people like you comfortable?
If that's how a situation occurred, that's how it happened and should be reported as such.
The " criminals" should not have done what they did. THAT SIMPLE!!
And the cops should have done more to protect the citizens around there.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by robbyraw
reply to post by JacKatMtn

some may not be, such as i once wasnt about race, but once you see the real world in certain ways, you have to make a decision to look the other way or speak it how it is in your world. i still respect anyone no matter what color/race, but im a realist, not an idealist. open your mind to that

100% in agreement..... understand completely. Keep going.....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Mod Note: Refrain from removing staff actions.

edit on 5/2/2012 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

If you read all of the articles from the various sites it states between 30-100 people, and another site says 25...one says 100. I like FACTS when it comes to these things...but at this point there seems to be no consensus on the amounts of attackers. I highly doubt 100 people can attack 2 people simultaneously, it violates several laws of physics, most notably the fact that two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Is what happened a horrible situation?... of course. Are the amount of attackers being sensationalized? Certainly. Is that relevant? Yes and no. Only to the extent that it speaks to what is able to pass for journalism today, facts and figures no longer need to be verified for accuracy. If It bleeds, it leads. Do either of the victims particularly care if they were attacked by 30 or 100 assailants? Probably not

At the end of the day, either we're going to hang together....or we'll hang separately. You choose... please don't think for a second because someone shares your skin color that they are your friend, you'll be in for a rude awakening that may end up being a terminal case of poor judgement.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
...and thus concludes this discussion. It seems that civil discourse is not to be had on such a sensitive subject matter.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join