It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Significance to 12/21/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I wanted to dedicate a thread purely on the topic of personal significance to the date of Dec. 21st, 2012. I want to see if other people have any sort of personal matter to the date. Like myself, my 21st birthday is 12/21/2012, a little bit before 2 o'clock PM. Once I noticed that the Mayan calender ended on that date, I became obsess with any info I could get on it. Now I'm not going to go into what I personally think of the date, but I wanted to see if anyone else has some type of synchronicity to it. A birthday, a anniversary, whatever. Anything. How is it numinous to you? Does it embrace you or does it freak you out a little? I always get a laugh out of my personal significance to the date because whenever someone asks me when I turn 21, I just smile and say "When the world ends." (Not that I believe that but the reaction on people's faces is hilarious) But in the end I feel sorta special that I have this birth date. It empowers me to live a better life.
Now whats your personal significance to 12/21/2012?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That's pretty wild, ever consider looking into the numerology meaning in your birthday?
12/21/2012 is only a date fashioned in a linear sense, so I personally feel 12/21/2012 won't be THE day of chaos. A wise man once said, "the end of the world comes like a thief in the night." See the light, be the light, and stay safe bro.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I know how you feel. Remember that Christian group who was making all that noise about the rapture occurring on May 21st last year? Well May 21st was my birthday. So I know what it feels like. I raised a glass of single Malt Scotch on my birthday in thanks of all of those folks being wrong. I'll raise that same glass on your birthday with even more single malt (Talisker) and wish you a happy birthday even though I don't know you, and we'll all still get to see the 22nd.

Neil DeGrass Tyson once said something along the lines of, "The Mayans predicted the end of the world but not their own downfall?" He's used variations of this argument a time or two, and it's very relevant. Then if you like comedy more than a scientist, you could always look to that Far Side comic (at least I think it was Far Side) that shows the maker of the calendar wheeling it into the chief and he says something like, "I could only get it up to 21 December, 2012.", and the chief says back, "That's going to mess with someone someday."

Enjoy your personally significant day. Raise a glass of your favorite spirit and smile.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

Actually yes, I got it from an "Intuitive" and I found it dead on. I have very strong numbers, and knowing that info actually help me make some life decisions. Good quote, be safe to you as well

reply to post by bpg131313

Ha, its great isn't it? I plan on getting a six pack of some local brew and look out at the Big Sky all night. I'll be raising my glass to all you as well.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
12/21/2012 will be the two-year anniversary of my father's death.

I plan on getting destructively drunk on this night

Edit: Also my step-sister's birthday.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Holodomor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
As for myself personally, this date represents the first of the last three days in which I have to complete my Christmas gift shopping.

All jokes aside,, believe me or not I can actually see in to the future and this date is very very clear. I'm stressed, there is absolute chaos as people seem to be in a frenzy and there is panic.

I am in the CBD of Melbourne (Aus) shopping...Christmas shopping. I know I said all jokes aside but I lied.

top topics

join