It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GMO Labeling Initiative WILL Be on the Ballot in California!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This will throw the gmo issue, from a traditionally alternative crowd, square into the public arena. Sort of a worst case scenario for Monsanto. At this point they'd be smart to do anything possible to avoid this going through. Since California is such a big market, and printing labels for different states would be expensive, the California label could very well become national. Again a worst case scenario for Monsanto.

Wonder what strings they'll pull.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is pretty big. Monsato sued the state of Vermont for trying to label foods that were GMO´s. It seems like there is too much money flowing from Monsato for our politicians to simply listen to their people. No, they start drooling or pissing their pants once a representative from Monsato shows up with bribes or threats.

Good for California. Nice.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
Monsanto has already threatened to sue Vermont if they pass a labeling law.

How they have the cheek to even suggest such a thing is beyond belief. People have a right to know what's in their food. If Jesus ever comes back (and I'm not a Christian, but still..) I hope he's angry for a while and that the first thing he does is clear all their buildings out of people and then smash every building into bits.

That company is a disgusting hive of filthy scum, and sooner or later the public will be kicking off about them big style, and they won't have the resources to try annoying hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of people.

I don't hate people or things, but those *SNIP* *SNIP* at Monsanto bring me really close.

Their time will come.

edit : thanks for helping me find my tumblr and twitter topic for the day. If anyone else has a blog, or facebook, whatever, find something on these scum and post it if you can. Every little bit helps.
edit on 11-5-2012 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Have just done a run of messages on twitter, they're all at the top here with several decent links for anyone interested : @robh888

Thanks for the inspiration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join