It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Tanks in April, Hits Ten-Year Low

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
CNN Tanks in April, Hits Ten-Year Low
Breitbart May 1, 2012

CNN took a big hit in April.

Many of their main shows and celebrities are getting less and less popular.

Could it be that CNN support is somehow tied together with Obama and Democrat supporters ?

It seems the "opposing" networks (Left and Right) are gaining popularity.

Hmmm.

The era of the old media is over. CNN had the lowest rated month in eleven years in April; the last time CNN had ratings this bad, the date was August 2001. CNN had a grand total of 357,000 viewers, and just 108,000 in the crucial 25-54 age group. That puts them off 21% in total viewership and 29% in the 25-54 age group for the year. Fox News, by contrast, was up 2% to 1.1 million viewers overall and 1% to 273,000 viewers in the 25-54 group. MSNBC held steady with 425,000 viewers and 139,000 in the 25-54 age group.

All of CNN’s shows have taken a massive hit. John King USA lost 41% in its 25-54 age group. The shining star of the group was Piers Morgan, which was down only 14% at 9 p.m. In primetime, CNN was down to a two-year low. Fox News was even from last year, and MSNBC was down slightly.

So why is CNN falling apart, while the other networks seem to be holding steady? The other networks make no bones about their worldview. Everyone knows that Fox slants slightly conservative; MSNBC slants heavily liberal. CNN, however, pretends that it is down-the-middle when it is obviously slanted to the left.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
More important point is, where did the viewers take off too, and where did they go for coverage?

If they just switch to another MSM outlet, such as Fox News or MSNBC, it doesn't mean a whole lot. However, if an outlet such as Russia Today starts seeing a spike in viewership, or any alternative news source starts stealing viewers from the MSM, then it's obviously a good thing.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

When you're the #1 rah rah network for the current administration. And people are getting tired of hearing how everything is so wonderful, and getting better, when they are losing their homes, can't find work, and the price of gas is going through the roof.

What the hell did CNN expect.

CNN forgot it's the viewers that pay their salaries. People are tired of being lied to. We aren't dumb, though CNN seems to think we are.

SS CNN ship is sinking fast...not fast enough for me.

Des

edit on 1-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As the increase of Paul supporters increase, the level of people caring about what the media says goes down. I think it correlates well.
As soon as they actually report news, maybe they will get their precious ratings back. But first-- I demand an apology.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Mainstream media is taking a hit... people are tired of them not actually reporting news and only pushing propaganda..

I watch cnn when I feel to optimistic for the human race

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Most people I talk to online and in life feel our government is owned by fascists and both the Government Democrats and Republicans are alike and won't nothing to do with their propaganda mouth peice that CNN has become.

The internet and foreign news sources are taking up more and more of the viewer ship which is a good thing.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think it's more indicative of how polarized the nation is.

We have Fox News for the Right-Wing and MSNBC for the Left-Wing. Study after study reveals that we prefer confirmation bias in our news choice and since there is hardly a moderate middle in America anymore, the ratings for CNN are tanking. NO viewers.
edit on 1/5/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
More and more people get their news from smart phones, tablets, and computers as opposed to the TV because we are at work constantly because of our diminishing wages and when we get home, who wants to watch them telling us the economy is getting better.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I think it's more indicative of how polarized the nation is.

We have Fox News for the Right-Wing and MSNBC for the Left-Wing. Study after study reveals that we prefer confirmation bias in our news choice and since there is hardly a moderate middle in America anymore, the ratings for CNN are tanking. NO viewers.
edit on 1/5/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

acually i think it has more to do with CNN being busted making up stories to push for war in syria and cutting off the ron paul supporter mid speach, posting pictures of one countries riots and claiming they are anothers......

i could go on for quite some time showing how they shot themselves in the foot and public stories of "proaganda pieces" that were exposed

fool me once.........

CNN is a cheerleader for wars,
we dont need no stinking wars
hence
we need no CNN

xploder

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Lol Wow!

" People aren't watching Cnn because they get it from the internet and they never lie! "

Times are dangerous because morons believe everything they read on the net.

Yeah with Msm Media at least its easy to tell who from who.

Truth be told less people watching the news probably have a corresponding rise in reality tv viewership.

Hell there are lots of things people could be doing.
edit on 2-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by kosmicjack

CNN is a cheerleader for wars,
we dont need no stinking wars
hence
we need no CNN

xploder

Yes..CNN is a cheerleader for wars. They probably had their best numbers, and bottom line during wars. They'll lie, fabricate stories, whatever it takes to get back in the MSM throne.

Des

edit on 2-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well it seems to me if CNN is losing its audience to fox and msnbc then we should see a bit of a bump in msnbc and fox's viewer numbers.....

But instead we are just seeing people leave CNN and mysteriously vanish? Where did they go if not to Fox or msnbc?

My guess is they either went to the Internet or they just gave up on watching the news period. I remember back in the day when CNN was a media darling and I watched real time footage of the first gulf war.....everyone marveled at cnn's coverage, and for years it was a leader in the MSM......

But now it seems to have lost its footing. Our country is very polarized and CNN tries to be middle ground, but sadly middle ground does sell any more. You got right wing, left wing and internet alternative media types.

So where does that leave CNN?

Kinda sad, really but not shocking in any way. Just another indicator of the direction our country is going in.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I don't watch any news network anymore, save for sticking it on CNN in the early mornings for background noise news. Plus, having Robin Meade sum up current events doesn't hurt.

I used to watch CNN World Report religiously a long time ago (does that even exist anymore?) I stopped watching CNN regularly when it started turning in to practically a 24-hour commentary network. I watched Faux News, but only shortly after it launched. The spin irritated me enormously after a while. MSNBC was my favored channel for a few years, as left-leaning as I am. I got sick of the spin there, too. I no longer tune in at all anymore. CNN gets some of my time in the mornings for basic national news catch-up, but that's it. I can't stand to listen to their commentators any more than the ones on Faux or MSNBC. I don't want anyone's opinion on the news story being aired, I just want the frakking NEWS.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
CNN tanked in April because people were sick of hearing about the Trayvon Martin story 24/7. That's all.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I blame Soledad O'Brien and her AM panel.
I really don't care for her.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Funny ... as bad as CNN is, MSNBC is a whole lot worse. Has anyone here tried to watch 'Morning Joe'?
How'd that Mika Brzezinski get her job? Guess her daddy being uber-left wing might have helped.

new topics

top topics

join