It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruling: Jesus doesn't cure cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Ruling: Jesus doesn

www.stuff.co.nz

A church billboard proclaiming that "Jesus Heals Cancer" has breached advertising standards by suggesting the church can offer something other churches cannot, the Advertising Standards Authority has ruled.

Napier's Equippers Church had a billboard saying "Jesus heals cancer - church but not as you know it."

It drew a number of complaints including from a mother whose son had cancer.

"As the mother of a three-year-old boy who has spent the past 18 months fighting against leukaemia, I find the above billboard offensive and upsetting," the complainant, identified only as Jody
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.stuff.co.nz
edit on 1-5-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: Incorrect subject line

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So even churches have to have truth in advertising in some parts of the world!!

Of course the church is still allowed to make unprovable claims on facebook -

A pastor whose church was rapped over the knuckles for a billboard proclaiming "Jesus Heals Cancer" still has the sign on his Facebook page.

The Advertising Standards Authority ruled that the billboard breached advertising standards as it suggested Napier's Equippers Church could offer something other churches could not.

Pastor Lyle Penisula acknowledged that using "the C word" made some families uncomfortable.

-www.stuff.co.nz...

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm trying to understand all this and I wouldn't rule out the statement yet that "belief can cure cancer". It's a lot different than people think and involves a lot of traceable biological reactions. Maybe in twenty years of researching these things I will be able to know exactly how. Don't worry, by then I'll be talking so controversial that nobody will pay attention to what I'm saying.
Come to think of it most people don't pay attention to me now....Hmmm...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Red wine might help in cancer prevention however Jesus himself is already dead, so I don't think he will actually show any signs of curing you. The Sacramental wine might have some benefits, I'm not a researcher into the biological effects of the communion but this has the slimmest chance of being true, depending on if the Equippers Church gives out free wine.

Going a bit overboard to say Jesus cures cancer, I mean there are plenty of things the Church wouldn't allow to cure cancer, I wonder how they feel about stem cell research and the ability it has to light new paths to help those in need.

It would be false advertising to say Jesus can cure cancer through only prayer and tithe. Medical treatment is essential for a reason, and Jesus would welcome you by asking if you want your feet washed, a sign of how much they understood hygiene, which is an important preventative step against other diseases.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I remember an incident back in the early 80's. A group had taken out a full page add in a local metaphysical magazine, that was put out by a small, self help bookstore.

The ad was selling a 3 day seminar, for an extraordinary amount money, that featured a 600 year old teacher, who had just risen from a subterranean society under Mount Shasta. MMKAY

The problem was, the ad promised that if you attended the seminar, you would be cured of any disease, including cancer and aids.

Well, long story short, there was such community outrage to these claims, that, not only was the seminar shut down, but so was the magazine and the bookstore.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The church/jesus doesn't heal cancer, Mr Burzynski does

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Will that a-hole Benny Hinn finally go away now?

I hope so, there are few monsters equal to that demon.

Derek

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i teleport organs where they belong in KECK.
I am endochrist manifest by the mouth of the son of GOD most high Jesus Christ.
i am fighting BEHEMOTH here.
i stand alone on an usupured kingdom.
two kingdoms.
pope john paul 2 received my shoes from brass kingdom and a pair of propets to view them in on his birthday from dubya.
they were thousands of pairs of shoes.
they ARE my shoes with my DNA.
i am the father.
verify my presence to the christ through the club at aMonte Christo.
a picture was taken by someones father.
the camera was Violet's.
search ladead.com
find Jesus in the VIP room.
time travel classes and teleport classes are now available somewhere.
find my son, Jesus Christ.
the Earth is here.
i am winning.
he has been torn to shreds into christcopter russia levitating chopper. they know the price of blasphemy.
save my son through time.
defend my namesake as living orrery to save Jesus Christ.
i am the son of man.
Eschatological judge.
take this to court in my name EVERYWHERE.
i wiil have lost two kingdoms.
i am winning the faith and i am the father.
the lords prayer in aramaic makes me feel awesome.
10 4
edit on 2-5-2012 by KennyDurazo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Christ can walk through walls.
Christ can heal.
I do not have a brain.
behold, i stand firm in my faith.
Judge over ruled.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
well im glad they got that all cleared up so now i can argue with certainty on the issue.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Ruling: Jesus doesn't cure cancer

Ruling hell. it depends on what you believe in your heart.

Christ healed the sick, let the blind see, gave legs to the crippled and raised the dead. But did He ever once ask for an insurance card or a co-pay?

You see the problem. He must be crucified... now as then.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
God knows I'll get flamed for posting anything related to Catholicism. The process of canonization requires two miraculous cures attributed to the intercession of the beatified person.

Just do a google search on "cancer cures that lead to canonization" and see what you find.

Before you pick up your stones, read this:

Evaluating miracles is a two-step process. To even be considered, a potentially miraculous cure must be instantaneous or sudden, complete and permanent, and without apparent scientific explanation. When reviewing such cures, the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, the Vatican office that oversees sainthood applications, first turns potential miracles over to the Consulta Medica. This board, established by the Vatican in the mid-1900s, is made up of about 100 renowned Italian (and Catholic) physicians. Traditionally, a panel of five Consulta Medica doctors will review the putative miracle, examining any available CT scans, X-rays, and medical reports. At least three of the five must agree that the hand of God has prevailed where science faltered.

Following a thumbs-up from the Consulta Medica, a panel of cardinals and priests will then convene to determine whether the cure came as a result of praying to the saintly candidate. If evidence of healing prayer exists, the miracle is approved, and the panel issues a declaration saying so.

www.quora.com...

Anybody that denies Jesus can do this has no faith.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KennyDurazo
i teleport organs where they belong in KECK.
I am endochrist manifest by the mouth of the son of GOD most high Jesus Christ.
i am fighting BEHEMOTH here.
i stand alone on an usupured kingdom.
two kingdoms.
pope john paul 2 received my shoes from brass kingdom and a pair of propets to view them in on his birthday from dubya.
they were thousands of pairs of shoes.
they ARE my shoes with my DNA.
i am the father.
verify my presence to the christ through the club at aMonte Christo.
a picture was taken by someones father.
the camera was Violet's.
search ladead.com
find Jesus in the VIP room.
time travel classes and teleport classes are now available somewhere.
find my son, Jesus Christ.
the Earth is here.
i am winning.
he has been torn to shreds into christcopter russia levitating chopper. they know the price of blasphemy.
save my son through time.
defend my namesake as living orrery to save Jesus Christ.
i am the son of man.
Eschatological judge.
take this to court in my name EVERYWHERE.
i wiil have lost two kingdoms.
i am winning the faith and i am the father.
the lords prayer in aramaic makes me feel awesome.
10 4
edit on 2-5-2012 by KennyDurazo because: (no reason given)

No kidding?
This one's for you...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

This is a really unfair statement that is too common among evangelicals and charismatic healers. Believe me, I've seen the faithful lined up in droves, hoping for healing from everything from cancer to diabetes, etc.

My neighbor is a devoutly faithful Christian woman who is legally blind and just lost her lower left leg, both due to diabetes. Not for lack of faith.

Your statement is akin to saying starving children in the Sudan deserve to die because they have "bad karma" a statement also made too often.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KennyDurazo
Christ can walk through walls.
Christ can heal.
I do not have a brain.
behold, i stand firm in my faith.
Judge over ruled.

Or not.

oh well.....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
God knows I'll get flamed for posting anything related to Catholicism.

Given that your example is from Catholicism,does that mean every protestant, every moslem, every hindu, sikh, taoist and buddhist, etc.?

I'm an atheist - and yet I have faith in lots of things - how is that??

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
He has about as much a chance as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny do when it comes to curing cancer.

False hope.......gotta love it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Why do people give this guy so much credit?

He only walked on water because it was low tide

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I dunno about cancer but I know Jesus can cure insomnia, I've seen plenty of his fights where he STRETCHED his opponents.

I never thought Jesus would have a spanish last name, I'd've thought something like Feldman or Steinberg or Goldstein...

There's a better chance of the Moon being made of green cheese than the figment of imagination that is termed "messiah" being true.

Derek

top topics

join