It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ears ringing and disassociated feeling along with strange virus like feeling sinus infection!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Go and see a doctor.done.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hello Firegoggles
I had sinus pain for about 4 weeks..I left it because when i took allergy tabs there was some relief. Anyway I too woke up with sore throat a week ago and a cold. then it turned into secondary infection on my chest. Mr Dr prescribed Biaxin (2x 500mg) per day (Clarithromycin) and after 4 days I am feeling much better. It sounds to me like you need a stronger antibiotic as those you are taking don't seem to be working. Usually they prescribe Doxycycline for severe sinus infections.

In my humble opinion sinus/ear infections should not be left as they can spread to brain (rarer cases) but as you have such a severe case I would def recommend you go back to your Dr.

Even the full blown Flu is going round our city at the moment (not sure what strain)...Our weather is hot, cold, hot, cold so many viruses are circulating and spreading.

Hope this help and Hope you feel better soon my friend X

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Biaxin (2x 500mg a day) also known as Clarythromycin...or Doxycycline...both v effective for severe sinus infection...Also take a reactine allergy tab...Irrigate nose with saline spray...and sudafed (already suggested by one of the posters)...you should def get some improvement...

Also, head over bowl of hot steam wrap towel over and breathe for 5 mins....

I have had sinus infections for years....when I moved to Canada hardly get them now so I consider I have a wide experience of meds etc..and those two above I would consider as the best.

Amoxycillin belongs to the penicillin family...it is an older type antibiotic which is prescribed widely...some studies have proven that over the years the overuse of penicillin based antibiotics has made us immune to them....

Honestly you MUST go back to Dr's, sod the expense...your antibiotics are not working...I've been taking mine 4 days and am much better.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Jools because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by Jools because: duplicate post sorry mods please delete!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles
reply to post by grubblesnert

Thanks like the poster above you that's all pretty scary. I will monitor this close and stay on top of it. I'll be honest I will most likely wait until i have completed the 10 days so long as I see consistent improvement. But as I said before if I have a hint of this after they medicines gone I'm going back to the doctor and as a matter of fact after reading this thread I will go to an ENT not just my regular doc! Thanks a lot for your input!

Biaxin (2x 500mg a day) also known as Clarythromycin...or Doxycycline...both v effective for severe sinus infection...Also take a reactine allergy tab...Irrigate nose with saline spray...and sudafed (already suggested by one of the posters)...you should def get some improvement...

Also, head over bowl of hot steam wrap towel over and breathe for 5 mins....

I have had sinus infections for years....when I moved to Canada hardly get them now so I consider I have a wide experience of meds etc..and those two above I would consider as the best.

Amoxycillin belongs to the penicillin family...it is an older type antibiotic which is prescribed widely...some studies have proven that over the years the overuse of penicillin based antibiotics has made us immune to them....

Honestly you MUST go back to Dr's, sod the expense...your antibiotics are not working...I've been taking mine 4 days and am much better.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Try and read the entire thread before posting your two cents and you will not make yourself look so silly.
huh...done

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JeffreyCH

That is a "dot" that is ringing true! WOW that really hit home within my spirit! I think your on to something! But of course we don't know "what" is causing the bee die offs really do we? Nor do we really know the truth behind why the weather is so weird, which in turn my be the reason for such high pollen counts this year. So far this feels like the right direction to look in at least. It still admits it's only "allergy problems" which seems normal on the surface but the reasons behind such things could very well be more sinister!

Thanks for posting this!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

All that you have said I will take into consideration for sure. I'm more than halfway through this prescription and don't get me wrong I have seen some improvement but not what I expected. I should not have much symptoms left. Don't get me wrong my nose isn't a garden hose right now but the over all infectious yukky stuff is still up in my sinus. I've started on mucinex-D which is helping out a lot. When this script is gone if there is even a hint of this left I'm going to an Ear nose and throat doc and will see if he puts me on the antibiotics you mentioned above!

Thanks for you input!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This post has been moved to a non conspiracy area. They had 24 hours to move it and didn't I find it highly strange that now they move it. I have requested it be placed back in the gray area because this thread DOES in fact have a conspiracy angle to it. It's pretty odd that its now lunch time and after posts about radiation and how to detect frequency that could be invading your personal space it was moved. I hate to sound that paranoid but come one we are talking about chem-trails and EMF type stuff then all of a sudden it's moved in an area that does not show up under "recent conspiracy post" no no on will see it. If it is not placed back into the grey area I'm going to elevate this to a super-mod and see what happens. Looks like the mod didn't read the post to me!
edit on 5/2/2012 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I deal with sinus infections often, which sucks but that's life.

I've learned that, after you get the antibiotic round from the Dr., then develop a solid routine of irrigation of the sinuses. Neti pot things. They aren't fun, you'll feel like you're drowning, but man after a few days of doing this you'll find your sinuses will maintain much better. I use one every day, just about. It helps with the ultra-dry air here in the desert.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

This has so many elements to it I truly didn't know where to place it in the forums. Mods if you like feel free to move it to a more appropriate topic.

Well first off I never get sick, but recently I came down with a major sinus infection out of no where. Now I'll admit last year I did have a cold and it turned into a sinus infection. Before this it had never happened and I seldom came down with anything. Well the other day it started off a sore throat for a few days but it wasn't like a normal sore throat it was like swollen and well.. all I can say is weird feeling sorta sore throat. Then in one single day out of no where I instantly had a massive and I mean MASSIVE sinus infection. My head was so full of infection it was frightening! My head hurt so bad it was absolutely terrible!

Even the back of my neck hurt severely! I went through two huge boxes of tissues in one day my nose ran so profuse it was crazy! I can't put into words how severe this thing is. I went to the doctor and got antibiotics (which I never do I'm not one of those people who sneeze and run to the doc) I have only taken antibiotics a couple few times in my life! Well I'm five days into it and I still have lots of infection going and on top of that I feel completely disoriented. After five days on the antibiotics I should not feel this way. As a matter of fact I should feel much better and really should have very little symptoms at this point. I still feel really bad though.

O.K. perhaps I'm paranoid but with all the stuff going on in the world today I can't help but wonder just what is going on? This just does not seem normal to me. So the icing on the cake is I wake up this morning and my ears are ringing to bad that as soon as a wake up I take notice of it. I sat up and checked it out and was like WOW that's loud and I feel even more "spaced out". My wife tells me she felt dizzy and spaced out today and she has so far shown no sign of being sick unless of course this is the start of it. She is very skeptical of conspiracy stuff too. she's my in house debunker and keeps me balanced in my theory's on things to be honest so she would never just jump on a bandwagon with me about something like this.

I have heard of some people being sick with something like this and more in the chest since October of last year! I suppose I just wanted to ask everyone out there has anyone else experienced a virus or sinus infection that fits this description and would you concur with me that you have never had anything like this before? Is it the oak trees? Is it the sycamore trees? Both are listed as giving out high outputs of pollen this time of year? But why has it never happened before? Is it really nothing to do with those things and it's something .. dare I say in the air? From the sky? Am I just paranoid? What's with the ringing of the ears like an old tube television so loud I can hardly hear over it? Is the ear ringing not even related to the illness at all? Is it the planet moving into this energy cloud? Just what is going on ! These are all very strange times, and strange symptoms at least for me!?

I welcome any input and or speculation on what all this could be attributed too?
Thanks,

-FG

whoa. ok. Well, me and my girlfriend got exactly what you are talking about. She went on antibiotics, and I did not. Thry couldn't find out what caused it, and she forgot to mention the Insane dizzyness that we both had. We could barley walk at all, and you should have seen me trying not to break dishes as i stumbled around even falling once prepareing dinner... We are both OK now, 10 days later, but we seem to have sore throats coming back.

It's weird because I never ever get sick. This started with a light sore throat that felt like I had something stuck in my throat. The sore throat stayed like this for days not getting any worse. Then I started having trouble thinking. Then I got massively dizzy. I have never been this dizzy before in my life, even when I used to spin in circles as a kid. I think the dizzyness was the factor that made it so hard to think, because I had to think about how to move my feet in a way that kept them underneath me, and apparently that's really hard to do when it's not automatic.

I had nose and throat issues too, and sometimes a bad headache would come in. My whole body felt pretty tired this whole time, so I am assuming I had a bad infection, or a virus, but once again I never get sick, and when I do it's for about 6 hours and I can function the whole time.

I have no clue what it is, but it maybe feels like a flu would (never had one, but guessing) mixed with a sinus or upper respiratory infection.

I didn't even take any medicine like cough syrup, because I was sooo out of it, I wasn't sure it would even be safe, like my brain could turn off at any moment..

~Dusty

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This happened to me a month ago. I have never had a sinus infection in my life before this. It basically went into a massive infection within 3 days. I started one day just feeling a little off. By day three, I had so much green gunk, I thought I was drowning. It went right into pneumonia. Since I had been on antibiotics not long before for an infection in my tear duct, I decided I was sick of taking them. Let me tell you what I did.
Now, for the disclaimer, I am not advising you to do the same, just telling you how I cured it.
I took 5,000 mg of Vitamin C crystals (100% pure sodium ascorbate), 6 TB of apple cider vinegar (Raw, with the "mother" in it) and mixed it into approx 4-5 cups of orange juice (fresh, unpasteurized). It foams up a little. Mixed it all up really well. Drank it in thirds throughout the day (NOT all at once!) Kept it chilled between uses. It also acted as a pretty decent laxative (and very quickly) without painful stomach side effects. The next morning, my fever was gone and I was feeling very cleared out. Just in case, I repeated half the sequence. It was gone after that.

Before that, for months, I have had a feeling in my ears that they need to pop but don't. Would have thought it was just me, but a lot of my family describes the same thing. Yesterday at my son's school, a kindergartener was describing the exact same thing. It feels almost like atmospheric pressure.
edit on 2-5-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Wow! So again this has hints of conspiracy yet this thread was promptly moved at lunchtime here in the U.S. Co-inky-dink? Maybe .. maybe not.. It is an accurate description! Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

And yet another posts that describes it accurate and someone that claims to have never had anything like this before just like me. This also hints of .. something that has changed in our environment that "COULD" be causing this, thus why I posted it in the grey area. But because a moderator didn't read the post it was moved to the area of ats that no one sees the "off topic posts". If you click "recent CONSPIRACY posts" to get a running list of recent topics as I do every time on on ATS you won't see this anymore. This thread DOES have a conspiracy angle. I have followed the rules of ATS and I have been respectful even to those that were not respectful to me.. Conspiracy? Maybe or just a Mod that didn't read the post. In either case it's just not sitting well that it was moved 24 hours later during peak time of people looking into the recent conspiracy posts.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant on your particular input I think you for posting!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Dustytoad

Wow! So again this has hints of conspiracy yet this thread was promptly moved at lunchtime here in the U.S. Co-inky-dink? Maybe .. maybe not.. It is an accurate description! Thanks for posting!

I should also mention that I got better much faster than my girlfriend did, even though she was on medications, and I made her take all my vitamin C tablets...

We both didn't feel like we were sick. We were mainly wondering if we had somehow been poisoned. I didn't mention this before because I didn't get that this thread was going in that direction. Probably as you said due to it being moved to a different section.

I was paranoid slightly the week before and during it happening. I had accidently posted stuff that I am not allowed to say. It's only a Secret Clearance I had, so all of it is mundane things, that I forgot were secret for a few minutes.

Haha, as if "they" would even know it was secret or even care lol, but yea me and my girlfriend felt poisoned, not sick, And it started with me not her and she is a student teacher who is around kids all the time. She is the one who gets sick first and then I might slightly feel it after 3 days of her worst symptoms. But I was "sick" first, this one and only time...

Do you really think it could be radiation?
I have been really wondering about radiation because my brain has seemed less useful for the past 6 months.
I'll ask my girlfriend when she gets done teaching today what our cat was acting like during the same time period. If this was something like radiation he would have gotten a similar dose presumably. Can't remember how he was acting, but I think he wasn't eating much and he usually eats about 6 bowls of food, since he is growing soo fast.
edit on 5/2/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

EDIT:
Radiation exposure symptoms don't match unless I am about to die hahaha... I was only feeling slightly nauseated and never threw up. Dizziness was the main thing I noticed and I think it came second after a soar throat which does not seem to be a radiation symptom. Dizziness is only listed as a symptom of extreme exposure, and it looks like we would be going through a lot worse symptoms by now had radiation caused this.

It feels like something like that though.. Maybe something with the Sun?

Found this though:

Radiation destroys bone marrow and white blood cells, leading to increased risk of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.

edit on 5/2/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

The same thing happened to my wife and I. It all started about 3 weeks ago, just so happened to correlate to when there were criss cross patterns in the sky over our valley. I don't know if its from chem-trails or what but it is definately not allergeys. I have had allergies all my life, every summer its the same routine. But this year it has affected me in a very different way. Sore throat, dry lips and nostrils, constant drainage and nasal congestion and my ears keep ringing. We live in the western part of Montana

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I had something that had the exact same symptoms, even passed out for a day and a half and when I woke up I felt like I was not connected to my body, was extremely disoriented, etc.

I saw not one, not two, but THREE doctors; one GP, one neurologist, and a neurologist specializing in epilepsy (doctor thought I had a seizure).

I had over 7 expensive medical tests done within the course of 3 weeks and they found absolutely nothing wrong.

I will even post my medical charts & test results if you people are such skeptics that you don't believe me.

SOMETHING is going on, as I am not the only person I know affected by this. A close friend of mine is having the same issues as well.

I'd write more but I gtg, I'll be checking on this thread when I get back.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

I wish I had some answers for you, but I too am seeing physical effects which are not usual for me. One thing that seems to bug me more than anything is a feeling of tiredness. I wake early and have great energy then about time to really kick in it feels like nap time.

Last year I contracted tick fever and really even my kids said maybe that has something to do with my achiness, lethargy and upper respiratory/sinus type symptoms. There is no time in the day or night for that matter to give in to it, so I just keep plugging away, but do you suppose it could be something environmental?

We eat relatively healthy, I am not immune-compromised, do not drink or smoke to excess, try to stay hydrated, so what I wonder is going on?

Anyway, just trying to think this through as it has been ongoing for far too long imo.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

Interesting, not that I will go to the extent you did but I will use a large dose of vit c from here out until I am well. Thanks, some great responses on this thread for sure, I am working my way backwards from my previous post but it is now like 4 pages long, lol.

I also would like to see this moved to the main forum for more input. never requested this before, not even on my own threads but yes it needs more discussion.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Maybe it just seems like you're incredibly deathly sick because you never get sick? Also, antibiotics don't do anything for viral infections. Your doctor should know that. I'd get a new doctor if I were you.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JeffreyCH

Good solid point there, could it be part of the planting season which uses GMO seed as well as their other fertilizers and pre-emergents/ poison as they sow? Maybe, very good point. I live out in the sticks and am surrounded by farms. The wind as well has played a big part of this I am certain.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join