It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I were the Devil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If i were the devil

If i were the prince of darkness i would gain control of the most power nation in the world

I'd have a third of its real estate and four-fifths of its population, but i would not be happy until i had seized thee.

I would begin with a campaign of whispers

i'd pit poor against rich
i'd pit white against black
id pit white against brown
id pit men against women

basically i'd pit left against right

With the wisdom of a serpent, I would whisper to as i whispered to Eve, " Do as you please"

To the young i would whisper "The Bible is a myth" I would convince them that "man created God" instead of the other way around.

Then i would whisper "Government is the answer to all your woes" instead of it being the cause of them.

I would confide that "what is bad should be corrected by political correctness"

In the ears of the young married i would whisper that work is debasing, that cocktail parties and reality tv is good for you. I would caution them to not to be so "extreme" in religion,in patriotism,in moral conduct or success.

And young and old alike I would teach to pray after me " Our Father who are in Washington, Hallowed be thy name.."

Then I'd get organized.

I'd threaten tv with dirtier movies, and vice versa and scream that people be taken off the air who disagrees with the status quo.

I'd infiltrate unions and urge more loafing,less work, idle hands and bribing political leaders who usually work for me.

I'd peddle climate change to whom i could I'd sell carbon tax credits to those ladies and gentlemen and they would begin to worship it as they worship that father in Washington.

I'd create fear and terror where the solution would be pat downs and body scanners when a person ever wanted to fly

I'd create boogeymen that people needed to be saved from so I could write more laws like the Patriot Act,Sopa,Ndaa,ACTA.

IF i were the devil i really wouldn't change a single thing.

A little update to Paul Harvey's " If i were the Devil"
edit on 1-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If you are the Devil, I would be really disappointed

If you are the Devil, I am going to reform my ways ASAP!

Of course Liberals are the spawn of Satan, you are pure as snow aren't you?

I bet your poop smells like Cool Water too

edit on 1-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I believe this is more for the creative writing or religious forums.

Nothing political about it, except to cause divide with no facts or debate......

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Can't really be in creative writing since it was a mix of Harvey's original work.

That is suppose to be original writing isn't it?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Can't really be in creative writing since it was a mix of Harvey's original work.

That is suppose to be original writing isn't it?

As you put it..."a mix" of Harvey's original work. A collection of unrelated and out of context quotes skewed, makes it creative

BTW Original starts as creative first....perhaps you can provide a link to where he spoke these words together as is?
edit on 1-5-2012 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a schizophrenic devil?

how does doing as one pleases and promoting government go together?

this devil won't last very long.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I get it Neo, even if the others don't.

We're having a crisis of faith in our country. Faith in work ethic, faith in family, faith in that our leaders know what they are doing.

We've lost faith in the leaders of our military.
We've lost faith in the White House.
We've lost faith in the value of the dollar.
We've lost faith in corporations.
We've lost faith in unions.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Cool, there is already a thread on this very subject.
"If I Were The Devil" was ahead of it's time, amazing that Paul Harvey first started putting it together in 1965.
Found the video and it really explains it all.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Wow, the devil has got it mostly wrapped up already.
I see a lot of good and helping people out there yet helping others when needed. The numbers of good people have dropped a lot since I was a kid though, or maybe there are just less that are faking it now. The deceivers are getting overconfident and will soon be exposing themselves to society and this will bring upon their demise. I see a pattern starting, they think they control everything. People will believe a lie if it negatively affects them not to believe it. They want to protect their beliefs and will deny the truth even if it stares them in their face. I can't believe that so many people believe these lies being spread, I suppose they believe them to protect their wealth and prestige.

new topics

top topics

join