It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[MAD]dening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm worried as hell. Sure we've won the battles, sure the heads of the ones who made our lives a living hell were on spikes, sure the people were rejoicing, sure it seemed like paradise had come. But for how long was it going to stay? How long was it going to be before the same tyrants became leaders; before the same people watched TV, telling themselves they are safe in their bubbles; before people become mad; how long before they march on DC again, screaming their anger?

The revolution had been quick enough, we struck before they were prepared. The battle had been bloody though. I still remember the faces of the children, the ones that held guns, scared and confused. We lost half our people that day, yesterday. Even that news anchor, I can't even remember his name.

This morning there was a celebration for circling the heads of our leaders in circle around what had been Congress. They were piked old-fashioned, dipped in tar and set out for display. Now it's a place for people to get drunk and piss on the endless papers that had once been laws. I prefer the warm outside night to that madness, drinking a whiskey and counting the stars. For each star I give a name. I pretend they're the ones I've killed yesterday, looking down on us and wondering the same thing I'm wondering. I give a bright one the name of the man whom I put the Axe to, his blood still stains my clothes. Only the brave and fearless ones got to chop heads, apparently I was so good that I got the President. So what if he was already dead, people still wanted his head.

Just two bullets it took to end the mans life, two pulls of the revolver. It should have been more difficult, but it wasn't. Everyone else was out fighting, no one protected him. In front of his damn family, what the hell is wrong with me? I realize the cup is empty and pour myself another glass. Why am I not in there with the others, partying over the remains of a country? I am the one that ended that country after all.

Because I know what will come. It's happened before, it will happen again. Someone else is going to claim the throne, name themselves ruler. Everyone will support them. That person may start out well, making the right choices and working for the people, but it always ends up the same. They will start to work for themselves, greed and power trumping humility and honesty. The people will overthrow them, and put another in their place, only for the cycle to happen again. Eventually they will get mad as hell and someone else will be where he is now, sitting outside as his fellow soldiers partied hard, pondering what to do next.

What to do next? No new leader could come, he wouldn't let them. He wouldn't let the circle continue, to bring these people back to hell. Why does it even have to be this way? Why does there have to be a circle, some unwritten law of nature for man to screw itself over again and again? Why the hell must everyone keep making the same stupid mistakes every hundred or so years? Can't people just be happy? Can't they just be their own leader? It's sure as hell what I want to do. I'm not going to let some wannabe good guy rule me again, let some other group tell me what can and can't do. Hell no.

“Sam for President! Sam for president!” They chant inside.

I load the revolver. I've done it before, I can do it again.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Strange,how "Im not taking it no more",brings out the finality,to the situation.........

S&F

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks for the star and flag.
I hope you enjoyed it.

join