It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you identify this military truck?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I found this on stevequayle.com...
Has any one seen these before? These trucks are supposedly located in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

There are no markings on it that are seen. And that is the door handle on the driver side door. The discussion, is why there an enclosed cage? It's not painted in dessert camo, so it's not going over to a sand box.
This photo is from en.wikipedia.org...:7000-MV_SVSM.jpg

I hope these are not the FEMA prisoner trucks that Steve is wondering about.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Dont have any specific info on them, but they certainly look like prisoner transports of some sort. Interesting find!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
They honestly look like revamped versions of the 7 ton Oshkosh trucks, more armor instead of just the canopy tops...If they are FEMA camp trucks then those our the new military paddy-wagons...

Navistar Defense

Navistar 7000 series

More info about them, now the question is what are they going to be used for...

edit on 1-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't like the looks of the "cage" on the back at all, it is clearly purpose built. Best way to find out who it's for is get the technical name/ model of the vehicle, get the same for the cage configuration, combine them with a google search followed by "dot mil".
Once you find out post it here so we can find out which of our friends and neighbors helped manufacture something like that without giving a heads up or throwing the wrench on the ground.
"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them"
Here's a start.........
files.shareholder.com...

edit on 1-5-2012 by Trublbrwing because: added link

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
A quick image search gave me these links
Navistar 7000 series
Navistar Defense

The Navistar 7000 series is a line of military heavy lift vehicles based on Navistar International's WorkStar truck chassis, and produced by Navistar Defense. The truck is available in a variety of wheel (4x2, 4x4, 6x4, and 6x6) and engine configurations.[1] In 2005, the US Army ordered 2900 7,000-MV for the Afghan National Army and Iraqi Ministry of Defense and an additional order of 7,000 was added in 2008.[1] The Canadian Forces Land Force Command has adopted the Navistar Defence LLC Medium Logisitcs truck and designated it the Medium Support Vehicle System (MSVS). 1,300 units will replace the MLVW fleet by June 2010.[2] The civilian designation of the 7000-MV is Navistar 7400 SFA 6x6.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That's an International Navistar, either a 7400 or Workmaxx Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV). Its part of the US Army TACOM Life Cycle Management Command contract between the DOD and Navistar. The trucks come in several arrangements including general troop transports, wreckers, hazmat transport, POL vehicles and water tankers.

I would say that the one pictured in the first picture is possibly a hazmat transport but lately I would say anything is possible. The one in the second picture is your standard JLTV troop transporter.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
With any luck, it will be a means of transportation for htose arrested as the Military and Law Enforcement agency's round up the cretens hell bent on destroying our Nation and the rest of the world.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Dont have any specific info on them, but they certainly look like prisoner transports of some sort. Interesting find!

I agree Captain, they do look like prisoner transports.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Or protected transports for those who are labeled "IMPORTANT" from some out of control infected maybe. My 3 cents but I do get a more feeling they would be used to protect those inside from outside influences. WHY HAVE THEM OPEN SO PRISONERS CAN SEE WHERE THEY ARE GOING?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Violater1

Or protected transports for those who are labeled "IMPORTANT" from some out of control infected maybe. My 3 cents but I do get a more feeling they would be used to protect those inside from outside influences.

Then it would be entirely enclosed, like the second picture in the OP.

WHY HAVE THEM OPEN SO PRISONERS CAN SEE WHERE THEY ARE GOING?

Because it would be a One Way Trip?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thats what I mean the fully enclosed seems best for prisoners going to a non disclosed location. The open seem to allow for viewing of traffic and or obsticals. I dont know but they seem like the kind for protecting the important. Still very interesting to see especially with no reason added for them.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mabthd

*SNIP
Why not get your twenty posts in and start a thread of your own?
When I have time, I would respond to that, RV or otherwise.
edit on 8/2/2012 by Mirthful Me because: Removed personal information.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This guy isn't sherlock holmes.

From the link:

Just under 10,000 ordered by the U.S. & Judging The paint scheme on it, it is not going overseas

Or.....

they haven't been painted desert camo yet....

They have a flat color with no luster, and then have a specific scheme painted, dependign on where it is going.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
After a hurricane the bugs have a field day in the stagnant water from the flooded sewers. So maybe these are FEMA trucks meant to carry aid workers around? There is lots to do after a hurricane with the power out. FEMA supplies emergency rations and water, they rebuild levies, prevent looting, recover victim bodies etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It's either one of three things.

1. A new truck for prisoner/EPW transport in the field. It isn't painted desert tan either because it is in fact new or because some units SOP are to repaint their equipment once it get back stateside.

2. It is a NWO-FEMA meat wagon that will be used to transport sheeple to FEMA camps.

3. It is an ordinary truck similar to scenario #1 but the cage in the back is a Faraday Cage. You would keep all your equipment that is susceptible to Electromagnetic Pulses either from a CME, Nuclear Weapons, or whatever the latest doomsday EMP is. You would keep your commo gear, spare parts, or whatever the warfighter needed that uses complex circuits.

Anybody else have theories?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762
It's either one of three things.

1. A new truck for prisoner/EPW transport in the field. It isn't painted desert tan either because it is in fact new or because some units SOP are to repaint their equipment once it get back stateside.

2. It is a NWO-FEMA meat wagon that will be used to transport sheeple to FEMA camps.

3. It is an ordinary truck similar to scenario #1 but the cage in the back is a Faraday Cage . You would keep all your equipment that is susceptible to Electromagnetic Pulses either from a CME, Nuclear Weapons, or whatever the latest doomsday EMP is. You would keep your commo gear, spare parts, or whatever the warfighter needed that uses complex circuits.

Anybody else have theories?

I like the Faraday Cage idea, I hadn't thought of that before.

top topics

join