It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On The Eve of Bin Laden's Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I can't help but think back to this time last year. I was at school in Morgantown, WV playing Risk with my two friends. There had been a 2 day frat party behind me with non-stop noise. Suddenly I noticed something strange when they had all gone eerily quiet. I looked out the window to their porch, and noticed through their open door guys and girls drinking their beers all huddled intently around their TV. "They aren't watching sports, thats for sure," I said to myself. I listened closer and heard something to the effect of "The President of the United States will be address the Nation shortly."

My hairs stood up. What was happening? I didn't have TV, so I couldn't watch what was happening live. I waited a few minutes and looked at my phone. Fox News Headline: Osama Bin Laden Killed.

I got the worst feeling in my stomach. It was something akin to being a child getting in really big trouble and having to tell your parents. I almost felt sick. I was completely OK with the news. I would rather have seen the man dead than alive. But there was something just completely not right with the whole affair. Personally I had thought that OBL died years ago either of natural causes or being the casualty of an air-strike. My friends said the same thing. So I then pushed that thought aside and went with the news that he was only killed recently. The feeling remained.

www.youtube.com...

First their were gunshots all around. Then fireworks. From there on, anyone you saw or heard was screaming about "getting Bin Laden." After a few minutes, there was an extremely loud roar coming from High Street, the main street in Morgantown. It was like an NFL stadium crowd. I also noticed that High Street was practically engulfed in smoke. It was a riot. Hundreds of people were in the streets with American flags and fireworks, huddled around burning couches and dumpsters and what have you singing the national anthem and other patriotic songs. This was the same scene on every major street that day. Just riots everywhere.

The feeling I had at the pit of my stomach wouldn't go away. I saw the hysterical and immediate reaction of the people, the crowds, the riots. I thought back to 9/11 and how different it was because everyone didn't know what the heck happened. Seeing the emotion in our reaction, I knew the reaction overseas, particularly the reaction of those aligned with the likes of Bin Laden, would be similar. They would not take this lightly.

9/11 happened with Osama alive. Imagine what could happened now, being done by the same masterminds, fueled by the martyrdom of their leader. Whether this was an inside job or not, I fear the results of his death will be the same. I do not think his death will go unnoticed. There could be a sleeper cell in the US, one that could have been here since before 9/11, with the ways and means to wreak more untold havoc on this country. All they may need is that one announcement and the right opportunity. I fear 9/11 was just a practice run.
edit on 1-5-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Wow is it only one year since Bin Bags death
It feels much more like 9 or 10 years when he died in less exciting circumstances
But the movie they put out last year rocked but they had to use artistic licence of course
though Obama should have worn his Superman cape in it - In my humble opinion
Loved it when all the happy sheep waved flags and sung songs BA BA BA

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
It feels much more like 9 or 10 years when he died in less exciting circumstances
But the movie they put out last year rocked but they had to use artistic licence of course

So 9/11 was a movie too, huh?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Bunch of ruffians! I could have used that couch : /

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79

Originally posted by artistpoet

So 9/11 was a movie too, huh?

That is a rhetorical question
So is this -----
So you believe whatever the MSM and your Government say, huh?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I knew they were full of s**t when we asked for a picture, or a body, they decided to tell us they chummed the water with him. As fast as possible. You know, so as to not violate islamic law... or something.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
I knew they were full of s**t when we asked for a picture, or a body, they decided to tell us they chummed the water with him. As fast as possible. You know, so as to not violate islamic law... or something.

Yes Islamic Law - Must be some new sect of Islam I nor any Muslims have heard of yet
Perhaps now we have Shiite Sunny and Obama sects
edit on 1-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
pictures or it didn't happen

pedd state "rioted" in the streets twice last year....once when bin laden "got got" and once when joe paterno "got ran"...both were horribly misguided celebrations/demonstrations
edit on 1-5-2012 by RedGoneWILD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join