It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just An Important Reminder - The US Is Not A Democracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It is a Constitutional Republic.

I think this is important to mention because most believe the USA to be a democracy because they have been brainwashed by Mainstream media.

In a democracy the "majority" can take away the rights of the "minority". So if someone has 51% of the vote they can take away 49% of others rights. This is how Hitler came into power legally.

In a Constitutional Republic you are born with a set of "god given rights" and no one can take them away from you.

We need a contitutional republic in the UK I reckon

edit on 1-5-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typos

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
indeed!

We are a constitutional Republic and its also why people are so opposed to the pledge of alliegance democracy is nothing but mob rule mob stupidity trampling the rights of the minority.

A Constitutional Republic protects the minority from the majority.

Oh the horror of that thought.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

LOL... As I head out the door to my American Politics class at college today.... Thanks for the note! It never ceases to amaze me, how many call our system a Democracy and they mean it. Not just in the slang way we all say Democracy, but know the accurate terms.

What gets me more, as you note, is what Democracy truly is. Mob rule and 50% +1 rules and dictates to the other 49.9%... I'm glad we're a Representative Republic, eh? The Electoral College isn't perfect, but no alternative comes up better for a sticky problem of giving everyone an equal voice.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It was a Republic until 1779

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeprodigy

I won't see the reply for a couple hours..but I am dying to know what you figure happened in 1779 to change us from a Republic into whatever you'd say it is now?

I suppose 1913 can be pointed to as an interesting possible turning point...
..but 1779? What happened there what I'm missing for THAT context?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thank god none of us have much input into how we are governed, I was getting worried.

It is very important that we are reminded that America is guided by Monetary input and
not Democratic input, certainly deserves a thread of its own.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
America is guided by monetary input the governments right to have money is more important than the citizens right to keep what they earn.
edit on 1-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If we were a democracy, Zimmerman would have been hung from a tree shortly after the shooting took place. Laws are put into place for a reason. That’s why we have a court system.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
With all due respect, obviously you haven't been paying attention. It's not your fault, please listen to me very carefully, you have been brainwashed. You have been lied to and kept in the dark. Multinational corporations run your country. They write your laws and submitt them to your prostitute class of senators and congressmen to be made into laws of the land. Your Supreme Court are also bought and sold by these psychopathic corporations. The executive branch has also been infiltrated. Your government has been completely infected and the prognosis is not good. No the U.S. is not a Democracy, it is a Kleptocracy and EVERYTHING is a racket or a scam designed to steal from the majority to fill the coffers of a very small minority. So now you know. Open your mind and set yourself free. Have no fear.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Its a Democracy by the Voluntary consent of the citizens of the United States and Nationals there of as outlined in the 14th evil amendment.

To put oneself back into the Republic one has to lawfully declare their allegiance to another this is done by expatriation, the key is to expatriate to the State ie County one was born.

All this and more explained at my threads here on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-5-2012 by drmeola because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
In a democracy the "majority" can take away the rights of the "minority". So if someone has 51% of the vote they can take away 49% of others rights. This is how Hitler came into power legally.

We need a contitutional republic in the UK I reckon

In the UK we have a Parliamentary Democracy, so the people don't actually decide anything and no power is taken from anyone.

We elect politicians, representatives of the people to make decision on our behalf.

The UK also has a constitution, probably the oldest in the world and you also have rights which are protected.

The grass is always greener...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

en.wikipedia.org...

what was it.
democracy usually turns to tyranny eventually.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the reminder TheMindWar, I hear politicians using the word "Democracy" every time I turn on the television and I'm sick of it.
None of them (except Ron Paul) ever refer to the US as Republic anymore and I'm pretty sure I know why - they would like for us all to forget we have any rights at all so they can cheerily legislate them away at will while they stuff wads on cash in their pockets courtesy of all the lobbyists who outnumber the cockroaches in DC.
To those who say we are a Kleptocracy I can't disagree with you but so far as original intent goes were still a Republic, which is ours as Franklin once said "if you can keep it".
We may have failed on that count.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Democracy, the friendly name for mob rules. Thankfully we here in the USA have been exporting that hell to places for years... how is that better than the "evil empire" again?

Well beyond rich white guys getting richer by exploiting where the "democracy" was exported to I mean...

Derek

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

In 1779 England took the paper for our debt because we were bankrupt after the war. So when England took are paper debt we the people were put up to back the debt and we we not a Republic it became a democracy, because we were know longer the owners of our property it was put up for the debt. People were not happy about this and that's the reason for 1812 war because the debt was due and we did not want to sign another paper debt.
The signing in late 1812 ended the war then until 1860 and another war broke out because the south didn't want to to sign the new agreement on this debt because they were paying the most and felt it wasn't fair. So the civil war was started.
In 2013 the Fed. charter needs to be signed again its the same paper debt just more complex. I wonder what would happen if we ended the Fed. and didn't give them there charter. Almost every war has been over banking or resources.

edit on 1-5-2012 by mikeprodigy because: add

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
With corporate control over America, America isn't even a Republic anymore.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
America is guided by monetary input the governments right to have money is more important than the citizens right to keep what they earn.
edit on 1-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

The power money has on the Republic has ended the idea that the people should have democratic
input into the process of governing.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Aww guess then Wilson That famous Democrat should have not signed the Federal Reserve act of 1913 in to law.

Which created fiat money that is worthless.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Kind of funny when posters who think they know a better way to run the country, or are trying to educate others on what kind of a system our country is in fact run on, don't understand basic punctuation, grammar or sentence structure.

That doesn't mean good points haven't been brought up. However, those points might carry more weight if the authors of those viewpoints knew how to use the correct form of "their", or where a damn comma or period goes.

Or i could just
write all my posts
like this and expect
everyone to fully
respect my viewpoints even
though i dont take the time or
have enough respect for
the people reading my posts
to use any punctuation or attempt
to type my post in a legible manner
know what i mean weve come so
far as a civilization punctuation and