It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR1505 Securing our Borders or Fencing us in ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Today I received an e-mail from the wilderness society asking me to sign a petition against a Bill designed to give the U.S. Border Patrol control over national parks, national forests and wildlife refuges near the Canadian and Mexican borders.
The Wilderness society said "The bill threatens designated wilderness and public lands in 17 states that cover more than 49 million acres. It threatens iconic places, like California’s Joshua Tree National Park. In some border states, like Maine, it would give the Border Patrol control over almost all public lands."
wilderness.org...
So I took a look at the govt issues page, and yes I could see they say our border is apparently over run with drug smugglers, human traffickers, criminals and potentially terrorists, who are also apparently causing severe destruction of the federal land border environment. Who knew it was that busy along the borders, especially the Canadian border....and that the DOI and Dept of Agriculture have stopped Homeland Security from having access, using motorized vehicles or placing surveillance equipment in the Federal Parks.
naturalresources.house.gov...
So here’s the Bill…
www.gpo.gov...
“To prohibit the Secretaries of the Interior and Agriculture from taking action
on public lands which impede border security on such lands, and for
other purposes.”
What caught my eye was“Other Purposes”for which I couldn’t find any definition of in the document….mmm
It goes on to state that Homeland Security and Border patrol need operational control within 100 miles of the international land and maritime borders of the United States…but more interestingly pops in that “Homeland Security shall have immediate access to any public land managed by the Federal Government for purposes of conducting activities that assist in securing the border.”..With no location specific language to limit which lands. Does this mean homeland security could take over any national park/monument as long as they say it’s assisting with managing the border? Just because they mentioned the border in the rest of the document, this sentence does not reference it… believe me in legal cases the placement of one comma can cost you millions! Could they sell the Sequoyah monument “other purposes” because they needed more funds for Border safety?

Then there is a long list of environmental protection rules they won’t have to pay any attention to, whilst building roads and infra structure to keep up surveillance and motorized patrols (such as safe drinking water or restrictions on water pollution, solid waste disposal, air pollution, noise pollution, endangered species, migratory birds, fish and wildlife, farms and liability claims..)..that'll be fun for the hunters and fishermen...

But yes there in my conspiracy mind, I started seeing the whole of the US fenced off, with infra-red beams across 100 miles of all our Border lands or other public lands with no access due to homeland security activities ...making sure we are all Free…..

Looking forward to comments

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Personally I would like someone there to make sure the trash is picked up, and the spray painted rocks aren't painted with gang tags. I went hiking on a trip to California and there was a line of Hispanics in cars a mile long going up this mountain to play in the river. The river maybe ten feet wide littered with diapers, trash, spray paint etc.. The people had body boards to go in the river?? The river was maybe a half a foot deep. By the way no public bathrooms either, I guess that's what the river is now the public bathroom.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Funny, I don't see many people grasping at the fences trying to get out of the US. It's kind of like saying the Berlin Wall was built to keep all the westerners out of East Berlin. Ooooooo....K!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by YourDreamsCanceled

oh good lord, that is disgusting ... sounds like some community service project there would be a great idea !

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I agree most are not wanting to leave currently ...... but could anything cause that to change ?

new topics

top topics

join