It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no acts of violence from occupy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Probably one of the more meaningless and idiotic videos you could have posted about OWS. A bunch of photographs set to reggae music. Great job, you're really sticking it to the man.

Read "How Nonviolence Protects the State" by Peter Gelderloos. Then read some history and see where and when the real change occured in revolutionary action.

I have educated myself on social struggles for the past decade, which is why I know for a fact that your little movement, dedicated to non-violence, was doomed to failure at its inception.
edit on 1-5-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

it is easy for hate groups to break stuff,
but anyone who is doing so is not peaceful nor non violent,

hence THEY ARE NOT OCCUPIERS

tell me why was their very little violence at the encampments?

why would hate groups not take the oportunity to try to make occupy look bad?

be real for a second this tactic of the MSM only filming distruction of property whiole the peaceful protest goes uncovered, who does that benifit?

same here, the haters send in people to discredit the movement and the media only shows them
not the thousands of peaceful marchers,

agenda anyone?

xploder

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Stop avoiding my questions and give us a specific situation OWS has changed in the functioning of finance and government in this country or others.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
reply to post by XPLodER

Probably one of the more meaningless and idiotic videos you could have posted about OWS. A bunch of photographs set to reggae music. Great job, you're really sticking it to the man.

Read "How Nonviolence Protects the State" by Peter Gelderloos. Then read some history and see where and when the real change occured in revolutionary action.

I have educated myself on social struggles for the past decade, which is why I know for a fact that your little movement, dedicated to non-violence, was doomed to failure at its inception.

that was the very FIRST video posted under OCUUPY WINS on google

i am not here to educate you,

do you own reasurch///////
oh you ALREADY KNEW it would fail???????

i cant tell the future so you must be omnipitent

xploder

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by XPLodER

Stop avoiding my questions and give us a specific situation OWS has changed in the functioning of finance and government in this country or others.

off topic post (world wide agreement wall street is corrupt)

occupy has it stated in every GA decleration "world wide" that non violence is at the core of the movement,
and will not be tolerated.

xploder

edit on 1-5-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

reply to post by XPLodER

that was the very FIRST video posted under OCUUPY WINS on google

i am not here to educate you,

do you own reasurch///////
oh you ALREADY KNEW it would fail???????

i cant tell the future so you must be omnipitent

xploder

The word is "research" and if that's the first video under occupy wins, then it can only go downhill from there. I am quite educated about OWS, which is why I can say that the movement has not gained anything. All I'm asking is for you to tell me ONE THING that has been improved by your OWS movement. I'm not asking you to educate me since its rather obvious you are barely educated yourself. All I want to know is what you think you are achieving, since I have been unable to find any improvement that is the result of OWS after a year of watching the debacle. Just tell me ONE THING that has been changed in the way Wall Street does business that is the result of OWS.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

THREAD TITTLE,
[QUOTE]no acts of violence from occupy[/QUOTE]
PLEASE stay on topic

xploder

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Yeah, you're right. It's always "someone else" who is responsible. Typical OWS mentality. It's "someone else" who is to blame for a moron getting a degree they can't pay for, and only pays minimum wage. It's "someone else" who is to blame because Occupy Moron showed up to work stoned and got fired.

I see the pattern now. Obviously, it was "someone else".

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

so keep telling yourselves that they are not achieving anything

No argument here. For some reason I'm just not following the occupy movement. Can you list some of the things it has accomplished?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

No argument here. For some reason I'm just not following the occupy movement. Can you list some of the things it has accomplished?

a world wide NON VIOLENT MOVEMENT.

how many world wide non violent movements have there ever been?
xploder

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

xploder

Once again a cop-out answer. A world wide movement to sit on your ass waving signs is about as effective at changing the corrupt financial and governmental institutions as a world wide bowel movement would be. Fail.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

i dont see any occupy people in china? or india or vietnam or kenya or mozambique or latin america? so can you list all the countries doing occupy if its a GLOBAL thing does that not mean that the entire globe is doing it? i eagerly await your pictures of penquins occupying and closing the airholes in the ice of seals and sea lions to noviolently protest the eating of them why they occupy the tundra.... national with a few others if you wanna count us as the same as the Arab spring but global i think not

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Let me tell you about the 60's-80's,my friend....

And i also must ask,what actual CHANGE to POLITICS,or worldwide suffering,etc.

Has been done?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

xploder

Hmmm. Okay.

Can you tell what I'm thinking here:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
missionlocal.org...

A group of protesters vandalized dozens of businesses, cars and any property they came across as they marched through the Mission on Monday night. One person was arrested, according to Sgt. Daryl Fong, but no details about the arrest have yet been made available. The mile-long trek of vandalism began at 18th and Dolores streets, where a group of more than 100 protesters met as part of an early May Day march. The protesters walked east on 18th Street, turned left on Valencia Street, right on Duboce Avenue, and made a right on Mission Street before being confronted by riot police at 14th and Mission, according to Justin Beck, an independent journalist who followed the protesters. Police dispersed the crowd in the area of 12th and Folsom streets, Fong said.

well that looked pretty violent and distructive and yeah cops said originaly they werent involved but then retracted that statement so heres one for violence list so it seems that at least in Oakland today it was violent

www.abovetopsecret.com... relevant thread on ATS

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

You know what else is violent and destructive?

Sending my brother off to fight a war for some rich guy and sending my dad to prison for a traffic offense?

Well hell, that just hits awfully close to home huh? You wonder why some of these "anarchist hippies" are so passionate about what they speak of.

Get to the point, and if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. And YOUR problem is AFFECTING ME.

Pardon me for being pissed off as hell about it.
edit on 1-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

well treading carefully here as i dont know what lead your family to enlist and honestly do not wish to offend(and thank him/her for their service) but could he have not inlisted if he did not want to be sent half way around the world to fight a war?its not like people are being drafted least not yet .......,on to the traffic offense yeah on the surface that can see unreasonable but with out more information(your free to share or not as privacy is paramount on this site) was it a dui? a hit and run? or some lame parking ticket or something far less dangerous as a whole to society as in the traffic ticket that could make the difference. its the you vs me mentality that the government wants!

and i fail to see how vandalizing shops helps the plight of the poor as pretty much the only people making money off this are gonna be cops and the courts and perhaps insurance salesmen i get it people are angry and frustrated but smashing random citizens private property or small businesses does not accomplish anything but making you look like a bunch of thugs(not directed at you your self more of a general grouping of the protestors)

how can hurting small buisnesses help the movement or in the case in specific a small art gallery was vandalized and smashed how does smashing the windows of an art gallery or even a bank or police station help people or improve quality of life of the poor(tax payers get the burden ie citizens)?

will it force the banks to cave to demands or increase government crack downs and continue the eroding of our constitutional liberties in the excuse to stop vandals from destroying public property? only people making money off of this are cops with their copious amounts of over time that they are getting when California is in its highest budget deficit ever?

while colleges raise tuition and funding/scholarships for grad students cops are making money hand over fist arresting the same people in some cases trying to go to college and get an education but will now potentially be prevented from getting the funding for schools as it has all been spend paying cops to arrest protestors?again i dont mean to offend and i appreciate you are passionate about what you believe in but this behavior that happened today in Oakland and Seattle will only hurt the cause in the long run as opposed to accomplishing anything meaning full

and just on a personal note i fail to see how a 26 year old homeowner with mental disabilities who pays his taxes and does not depend on government money who pretty much spends his time either working or hanging out at his house (or on ats) could potentially be part of the problem( i would be the person im talking about here)when im not rich i have not stolen/hoarded money from the poor and i do not hoard resources just a human trying to exist in pretty crappy economic times,in my opinion(or case) you have just made me not want to care about your plight as you allready seem to be placing un fair blame on me for things that are not even in my control
edit on 1-5-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

That's just the problem, people don't care about the specifics and neither do I. I consider myself an intelligent person, but at the end of the day I just want to live in a truly free society. I want to work, go home and be with those whom I love, society needs to facilitate this aspect in order to progress. Not everybody wants to be at the whim of a fat cat who thinks he owns the world.

"All men are created equal"

That means a lot more than people think it means, that means that we as a country need to take care of each and every individual, and that we shouldn't wish ill on others because of an entitlement system. People are harshly disrespected when entering any kind of work force unless they are of some lineage. This "lineage" based system of politics and what not (no matter if you want to believe it or not) is a kin to feudalism and has the same result.

It's just that the same problems are beginning to show as with every system that has ever existed. Inequality, the same thing that was talked about at the birth of our nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join