It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

no acts of violence from occupy

page: 1
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
first i would like to point out that the number one rule is non violence,
any one or group who wants to help or acosiate with occupy MUST swear to be non violent.
any persons or group displaying violence or planning violence, must be reported to the authorites.
occupy is non violent and discorages violence of any kind weather from war the police or from within.

VIOLENCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
usually to discredit a movement and allow law inforcement to moniter a movemnet and not infringe on the rights of the protestors,
a crime MUST be present or the authorites can have no rights to infiltrate and moniter a group.

that is why it is imperative that non violence is strictly adheard to,
and this is well known within occupies all over the world,

while to some it is convienent to "create" crime in order to DAMAGE the image of a group,
if that group is stated and intent on NON VIOLENT first amendment protected protests,

it makes sence if people are trying to discredit OCCUPY they "themselves would be violent"
but by acting in a violent or destructive way they PROOVE they are not OCCUPY or acociated with OCCUPY,
because the first rule of occupy is non violence.

it is easy for a group who hates to try to discreadit OCCUPY to be violent as a means of discreaditing the movement but by their actions they show they are NOT ACOCIATED,

because if they truly were there would be no violence.

i have been on this sight for a while now and have seen some of the heated debates about occupy and fully beleive that some hate occupy to the point of near madness,

it is these people who have not sworn NON VIOLENCE, who have a hatred for OCCUPY and that are not asociated to OCCUPY that have the most to gain from acts of violence that discredit the movement.

i ask for anyone from occupy to hold press conferences to denounce violence and the groups perpertrating violence and to call for a day of peace where everyone in atendence uses teh peoples mic to state NON VIOLENCE and to uphold the rule of law and to work within the moral boundaries of the societies of the world.

WHEN PEOPLE PAINT OCCUPY AS VIOLENCE,
WE MUST SHOW OUR RESOLVE TO BE PEACEFUL AND NON VIOLENT AND THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT VIOLENCE IN ANY FORM.

a clear rejection of violence and anyone asociated with it is needed.

the groups that benifit from violence must be exposed,
must be banned from using any name asociated with OCCUPY
because their actions clearly show they are not asociated with or part of the peaceful movement that is OCCUPY

xploder




posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
how about this for a thread title:

how many different ways can you say that the occupy movement is non-violent?
edit on 1-5-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER
 


Aaaaannnddd....that is why occupy wall street has produced no changes in finance or government and has had no effect on anything in this country other than to clutter up public spaces with tents, dirty people, and trash, as well as filter yet more money from the public to fund law enforcement. The ONLY thing OWS has accomplished is to prove once again that non-violent protest alone is not effective. The whole movement is a joke. You can't use moral-suasion to change the behavior of people who have no morality of this type to begin with. So, keep waving your signs, thinking you're doing something important. I'm sure it makes you feel good.

Next up...your Gandhi shield! Bust it out! You know you want to...



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
An occupation is inherently violent even if passive aggressive means are being used.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Nope. None at all....


San Francisco



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
hi guys i expected the haters to be first to this thread

first the guys in black clothing distroying things work for you guys, they are not with OCCUPY
they are trying to make OCCUPY look bad, so they are definatly not their to be peaceful
second thing is OCCUPY has already had an effect on politics without even engauging in them so

third OCCUPY was the word of 2011,
so keep telling yourselves that they are not achiving anything

the most commonly used word of 2011 and one of the laegest stories in the world

so keep dreaming and hating

you can send black bloc out to discreadtit occupy but peaceful non violent protest is working,
even if you try to close your eyes to the truth.

tell your black bloc buddies to go else where
IF THEY ARE VIOLENT THEY ARE NOT OCCUPY


xploder


edit on 1-5-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
reply to post by XPLodER
 


Aaaaannnddd....that is why occupy wall street has produced no changes in finance or government and has had no effect on anything in this country other than to clutter up public spaces with tents, dirty people, and trash, as well as filter yet more money from the public to fund law enforcement. The ONLY thing OWS has accomplished is to prove once again that non-violent protest alone is not effective. The whole movement is a joke. You can't use moral-suasion to change the behavior of people who have no morality of this type to begin with. So, keep waving your signs, thinking you're doing something important. I'm sure it makes you feel good.

Next up...your Gandhi shield! Bust it out! You know you want to...


WHAT ROCK ARE YOU HIDING UNDER BUDDY?

worldwide protests,
non violent WORLDWIDE PROTEST

we ARE changing the world today and tomorow
and using non violence peaceful actions will make it work

violence is the choise of cowards
peace is the choice of teh strong

xploder



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER
 


So tell us please...what have you achieved, exactly? What have you gained through OWS? Can you tell me or are you just going to harp on non-violence endlessly? What has changed because of your protests? I am very curious to know what you think is being done differently on Wall Street and in Washington that is a direct result of your (non) actions?



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I am sorry to say this but Shouting at people not willing to listen will never work. Trust me, I have been married for some years now.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
that's disappointing I wanted to see some wall street banker kick OWS people's butts



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Nope. None at all....


San Francisco


and by the actions of the guys in black, they prove to be not affiliated or asociated to OCCUPY because of their violence.

this tactic has been studied proir to the OCCUPY protests,
it has a name,

it is called causing violence to discredit peaceful protesters so the haters can point to the non OCCUPY people and attempt to say the whole group is bad.

in protests in canada police were found inciting violence and damge to ALLOW a police crack down.

they dressed in civilian cloths and tryed to start a riot, that would allow for a brutal crak down on pieaceful protestors

there was an investigation and the truth came out.

WHO BENIFITS FROM VIOLENCE BECAUSE IT IS NOT OCCUPY
IT IS THOSE WHO SEEK TO DISCREADIT OR SILENCE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST.

first rule of OCCUPY
NON VIOLENCE,
so any violence is NOT from occupy but from those trying to discreadit it

xploder



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
reply to post by XPLodER
 


Aaaaannnddd....that is why occupy wall street has produced no changes in finance or government and has had no effect on anything in this country other than to clutter up public spaces with tents, dirty people, and trash, as well as filter yet more money from the public to fund law enforcement. The ONLY thing OWS has accomplished is to prove once again that non-violent protest alone is not effective. The whole movement is a joke. You can't use moral-suasion to change the behavior of people who have no morality of this type to begin with. So, keep waving your signs, thinking you're doing something important. I'm sure it makes you feel good.

Next up...your Gandhi shield! Bust it out! You know you want to...


WHAT ROCK ARE YOU HIDING UNDER BUDDY?

worldwide protests,
non violent WORLDWIDE PROTEST

we ARE changing the world today and tomorow
and using non violence peaceful actions will make it work

violence is the choise of cowards
peace is the choice of teh strong

xploder


Ah, I see. So Bhagat Singh of the Indian Revolution was a coward? How about George Washington of the American Revolution? He was a coward too? I shudder to think what would have happened if either one of these men or any of their compatriots had sat around in a f**king park somewhere waving a sign.
edit on 1-5-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
reply to post by XPLodER
 


So tell us please...what have you achieved, exactly? What have you gained through OWS? Can you tell me or are you just going to harp on non-violence endlessly? What has changed because of your protests? I am very curious to know what you think is being done differently on Wall Street and in Washington that is a direct result of your (non) actions?


OCCUPY is a world wide group with diverse goals,
their first win looks to be the fact that the whole world is now paying attension to wall street.
the second is people are stsrting to care about each other again,

if you had any true wish to know what has been done by occupy,
google OCCUPY WINS

i think you could educate yourself


xploder



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Nope. None at all....


San Francisco


and by the actions of the guys in black, they prove to be not affiliated or asociated to OCCUPY because of their violence.

this tactic has been studied proir to the OCCUPY protests,
it has a name,

it is called causing violence to discredit peaceful protesters so the haters can point to the non OCCUPY people and attempt to say the whole group is bad.

in protests in canada police were found inciting violence and damge to ALLOW a police crack down.

they dressed in civilian cloths and tryed to start a riot, that would allow for a brutal crak down on pieaceful protestors

there was an investigation and the truth came out.

WHO BENIFITS FROM VIOLENCE BECAUSE IT IS NOT OCCUPY
IT IS THOSE WHO SEEK TO DISCREADIT OR SILENCE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST.

first rule of OCCUPY
NON VIOLENCE,
so any violence is NOT from occupy but from those trying to discreadit it

xploder


See, this is insufficient. We want to hear the results of OWS, not just "we are non-violent". Can you give any SPECIFIC situations that have improved because of your actions? Even just one, ONE instance of actual change would suffice at this point. We get you are non-violent, but that's all you have, isn't it? You can't point to anything influence you've had on anything, can you?



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule
 



How about George Washington of the American Revolution? He was a coward too? I shudder to think what would have happened if either on of these men or any of their compatriots had sat around in a f**king park somewhere waving a sign.



you do realise that peaceful protest was in the founding documents of america right?
that the redress of grevences with peaceful assembly was part of teh founding of america,
and that by exersizing the right inherent in all free men and woman peacefully was in the intent of teh founding documents.

it states quite clearly how to redress greavencess,
peaceful self assembly.

xploder



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
reply to post by XPLodER
 


So tell us please...what have you achieved, exactly? What have you gained through OWS? Can you tell me or are you just going to harp on non-violence endlessly? What has changed because of your protests? I am very curious to know what you think is being done differently on Wall Street and in Washington that is a direct result of your (non) actions?


OCCUPY is a world wide group with diverse goals,
their first win looks to be the fact that the whole world is now paying attension to wall street.
the second is people are stsrting to care about each other again,

if you had any true wish to know what has been done by occupy,
google OCCUPY WINS

i think you could educate yourself


xploder


Yeah, see, this is what I'm talking about. All I get when I google occupy wins is a bunch of occupiers saying they are "changing the world" and such nonsense. But what I see is that the people and problems you are protesting against are getting worse, instead of better. You are not winning anything because you're just sitting around in a park somewhere holding a sign that no one but your little group pays any attention to.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
No violence in Seattle either

Just a fire or two, some broken windows, and the wonderful smell of tear gas: Smell it once; know that smell for life. Oh, yeah. I know. These aren't REAL occupy movement people; it's OTHERS who hang out with them. Real Occupy people are as pure and white as the driven snow!



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule
 


google OCCUPY WINS
i am not here to educate you on what has been done
watch for youself


you can google for yourself


xploder



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by OrchusGhule
 



How about George Washington of the American Revolution? He was a coward too? I shudder to think what would have happened if either on of these men or any of their compatriots had sat around in a f**king park somewhere waving a sign.



you do realise that peaceful protest was in the founding documents of america right?
that the redress of grevences with peaceful assembly was part of teh founding of america,
and that by exersizing the right inherent in all free men and woman peacefully was in the intent of teh founding documents.

it states quite clearly how to redress greavencess,
peaceful self assembly.

xploder


Obviously, the founding fathers put peaceful protest in there, but they also put in ARMED, VIOLENT ACTION AGAINST A TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENT, which was the purpose of the second ammendment, the right to bear arms in defense against such a government. Again, you fail to provide any specific results of your protesting.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Tell me why they don't simply sit in and not leave the New York stock exchange?

Inb4 that's illegal. It would be more effective and it would be less violent. Who's going to initially stop a couple thousand people from entering all at once? The police wont be able to mobilize in time, and the national guard would take an hour or two to show up. I'm just saying, they could be sitting in a nice place rather than a park WHILE doing something while just BEING THERE. Their presence would halt most non logarithmic trading, and cause some market disruption...some.

Beats sitting in a park and beating a drum.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join