It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS To Release Bacteria In Boston Subway System

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

DHS To Release Bacteria In Boston Subway System

www.infowars.com

Despite the fact that the U.S. government has a history of dangerous biological testing against the American people, the Department of Homeland Security claims that a bacteria it plans to release in the Boston subway later this year to test biological sensors is harmless to healthy people.

“Federal officials say they test the subway sensors by releasing dead bacteria called B-subtilis. They say it is used in food supplements, has been rigorously tested and has no adverse health effects for lo
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dhs.gov
www.myfoxboston.com

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The bacteria will be released as a means of testing biological sensors that guard against the threat of a bio-terror attack.

If low amounts of this B-subtilis on healthy people causes no harm then why not put an add in the Boston newspaper asking for volunteers who either will or will not get paid to undergo the test?

This way they can ensure only healthy people get exposed to this bacteria and they will be able to monitor it's effects way more closely.

Isn't what I am suggesting more efficient and of course more controlled therefore more safe?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
its harmless to healthy people.

what if you have a underlying health problem?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
If low amounts of this B-subtilis on healthy people causes no harm then why not put an add in the Boston newspaper asking for volunteers who either will or will not get paid to undergo the test?
Because they do not want to test it on people.

This way they can ensure only healthy people get exposed to this bacteria and they will be able to monitor it's effects way more closely.
The sensors are in the tunnels, and that's what they want to test.

If I'm not mistaken this was done before, some years ago.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Biological Sensors in subway stations? WTF?

Nevermind the tests, that's already off the radar psycho.

DHS needs to be disbanded like, yesterday.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The US Government using it's own people as guinea pigs?! Say it isn't so! This has never happend before!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This was done without people's knowledge and I'd thought....considered up there with MKUltra and the '___' tests for being underhanded and downright dirty about testing Cold War weapons systems on American civilians. I don't have the material in front of me, but as I recall, it was Boston and New York City subways it was tested in during the bad old days... I want to say, the common cold was the agent being tested so they could guesstimate the actual flow of chemical/bio weapons in a real attack.

Then? It made sense..and we got our answers, I'd guess. Now? What is it with them anyway??? Blackahwks doing combat flying in major cities at night (Miami, Boston, Los Angeles over the last year).. They turn places like Chicago into something even an Israeli in Jersusalem might take a second look and wonder what the hell they're thinking on..and now? Well, if scaring the crap out of everyone wasn't already doing enough, NOW they'll test biological warfare scenarios IN public and USING the public.

I'm not worried the tests will hurt anyone. I'm sure they won't...but that isn't the point. It WILL scare the crap out of people and put that fear DEEP in the minds of all of see it. I'm guessing it sinks deep enough for many to sit long after they can put a finger on what makes them seen anxious and nervous.

Damn this is getting out of hand. Our new logo.... "America! Home of the meek, land of the scared." We fit it to a T.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typos

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Like say Hepatitis B?

Perhaps you might be susceptible to some sort of chain reaction?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If zombies start popping up around the Boston Subway system, give me a ring.

I guess we'll have an answer to our questions then.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Last time I rode a subway the stench was incredible. You'd think there was already plenty of bacteria floating around to test the sensors.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have no clue about all this stuff, but this makes me very weary. Are they going to give us blankets too?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randomquestions

No but maybe they'll give you the vaccine.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Bacillus subtilis, known also as the hay bacillus or grass bacillus, is a Gram-positive, catalase-positive bacterium commonly found in soil

B. subtilis is only known to cause disease in severely immunocompromised patients, and can conversely be used as a probiotic in healthy individuals. It may contaminate food but rarely causes food poisoning. B. subtilis produces the proteolytic enzyme subtilisin. B. subtilis spores can survive the extreme heat during cooking. B. subtilis is responsible for causing ropiness — a sticky, stringy consistency caused by bacterial production of long-chain polysaccharides — in spoiled bread dough.

Chances are no one who is severely immunocompromised should be in the subway anyways.....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

That's the biggest problem I see with this, but, according to Wikipedia:

B. subtilis is only known to cause disease in severely immunocompromised patients, and can conversely be used as a probiotic in healthy individuals.

Edit: I was a minute too late.

edit on 1/5/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Ha ha. it would be like the episode of the Simpsons.... Their really is no sickness- the infection is in the vaccines
too funny.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

I have family in Boston...I'll let you know.

Well goody for healthy people.......

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Wasn't this the same bacteria they sent into space or something and were so surprised it survived when it crashed to earth?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Bacillus subtilis - Wikipedia

B. subtilis is only known to cause disease in severely immunocompromised patients, and can conversely be used as a probiotic in healthy individuals

Now, I don't think I have to add another word after that quote. It's rather explicit.

Edit: Ooops I see others had it. Great minds and all that ... we caught on to the keyword "healthy people ..."
edit on 1/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

(1) to require the owner or occupier of premises to permit entry into and investigation of the premises;
(2) to close, direct, and compel the evacuation of, or to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated any building or facility, and to allow the reopening of the building or facility when the danger has ended;
(3) to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated, or to destroy any material;
(4) to restrict or prohibit assemblages of persons;
(5) to require a health care facility to provide services or the use of its facility, or to transfer the management and supervision of the health care facility to the department or to a local public health authority;
(6) to control ingress to and egress from any stricken or threatened public area, and the movement of persons and materials within the area;
(7) to adopt and enforce measures to provide for the safe disposal of infectious waste and human remains, provided that religious, cultural, family, and individual beliefs of the deceased person shall be followed to the extent possible when disposing of human remains, whenever that may be done without endangering the public health;
8) to procure, take immediate possession from any source, store, or distribute any anti-toxins, serums, vaccines, immunizing agents, antibiotics, and other pharmaceutical agents or medical supplies located within the commonwealth as may be necessary to respond to the emergency;
(9) to require in-state health care providers to assist in the performance of vaccination, treatment, examination, or testing of any individual as a condition of licensure, authorization, or the ability to continue to function as a health care provider in the commonwealth.

Any person who knowingly violates an order of the commissioner or his or her designee, or of a local public health authority or its designee, given to effectuate the purposes of this subsection shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or by a fine of note more than one thousand dollars, or both.

news.bostonherald.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
50 USC § 1520a - Restrictions on use of human subjects for testing of chemical or biological agents
www.law.cornell.edu...

(a) Prohibited activities
(1) any test or experiment involving the use of a chemical agent or biological agent on a civilian population; or
(2) any other testing of a chemical agent or biological agent on human subjects.
(b) Exceptions: Subject to subsections the prohibition in subsection (a) of this section does not apply to a test or experiment carried out for any of the following purposes:
(3) Any law enforcement purpose, including any purpose related to riot control.

(e) “Biological agent” defined
In this section, the term “biological agent” means any micro-organism (including bacteria, viruses, fungi, rickettsiac, or protozoa), pathogen, or infectious substance, and any naturally occurring, bioengineered, or synthesized component of any such micro-organism, pathogen, or infectious substance, whatever its origin or method of production, that is capable of causing—
(1) death, disease, or other biological malfunction in a human, an animal, a plant, or another living organism;

(2) deterioration of food, water, equipment, supplies, or materials of any kind; or
(3) deleterious alteration of the environment.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join